• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

A-Team Movie!

Started by style, January 14, 2008, 03:33:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

style

I'm a big fan so I had to bring out this topic. My question is who do you think should play who.

I was the 1st to say Ice Cube as B.A. Baracus on imdb so thats my choice there. But as for the rest I got:

Hanible Smith: Mel Gibson
"Howling Mad" Murdoch: Woody Harrelson(This Is Who the Director John Singleton wants)
Templeton "Face Man" Peck: Christian Bale

Can't you see Mel Gibson trying to convince Ice Cube to get on a plane!? And Ice Cube flatly refusing!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x409mq_ice-cube-on-conan-obrien-show_music

catwhowalksbyhimself

I think perfection is better off not being messed with.

Pyroclasm

Me?  I don't want to see I-Cube in anything.  While he is only capable of one expression on his face and it's suitable for for B.A., he's just horrible in everything he is in.  I can only hope that if he's cast, they would never give him any lines to speak.

Protomorph

If they get Ice Cube to play BA, then the movie should be titled, Are We On The Plane Yet?

No, seriously, why does this show even require a remake?

Panther_Gunn

Quote from: Protomorph on January 14, 2008, 08:50:06 PMNo, seriously, why does this show even require a remake?

I was gonna say, couldn't we just avoid having it altogether?  Like the having Miami Vice movie was requirement.  <_<

BentonGrey

BWPS

Mr. T as B.A. or it doesn't happen. I love the A-Team but that is a role that can not be duplicated by any other actor.

ubergreendragon

I was also a fan of this show as a child i would like to see a new movie but not in theaters. It would make a decent made for tv movie and use the origional actors, granted one of them is dead but that could work as part of the plot. Mabye have it start out at Hannibal's funeral and the remaining members try to solve his murder or something like that . Not every TV show should be made into a hollywood movie

stumpy

I saw the show as a kid. At school, we used to joke that B.A. Baracus and MacGyver must have graduated from the same school since B.A. could create an armored tank in a couple hours using a welding torch, any vehicle, and some scrap iron while MacGyver could fix anything (and make almost anything) using paper clips, duct tape, and maybe egg whites.  :P

I know more than one person who has used the "dun dun duh DUNT dun..." theme sound as their mobile ring tone or computer alert sound.  :lol:

Anyway, I haven't seen it in too long to recall if The A-Team was really as much fun as I thought it was then. But, I feel pretty confident in doubting that a movie remake would add anything to the original that would really be an improvement (besides maybe special effects). I mean, I really don't want to see this classic show "updated" with a "message"; or "topical" (and inevitably lame / PC) references to present-day events; or half-hearted, campy "homages" to the original.

Not that all remakes are bad (e.g., I thought The Thomas Crown Affair was fine), but I sometimes think these projects get the go-ahead because producers (or whoever) think the movie will be a financial success just based on the name recognition of the title. And, maybe they're right, but it still annoys me. They may as well start naming movies after game shows or even well-known stores. ("You loved him in The Gong Show, but this Summer you won't want to miss Rob Schneider in Wal-Mart!", where, no doubt, he plays a cashier in the self-check line ... or the cash register itself.)

the_ultimate_evil

thanoson

style

Ice Cube can play B.A. when the movie comes out, go see it and remember I said it. And Mel Gibson is the only one that can do Hanible justice. Not any George Goony! :angry:

thalaw2

Quote from: the_ultimate_evil on January 16, 2008, 07:39:30 AM
ving rhames for BA

I agree.  I like Ice Cube's acting but he's no B.A.  He doesn't have the build for it....but John Singleton and Ice Cube are pretty good friends.