• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

what's in your lair?

Started by bearded, February 03, 2008, 10:04:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bearded

batman has dinosaurs and giant coins and many other things i'm sure have been retconned crisised out of continuity.
taking into account your adventures with the freedom force community and your own personal background, what is in your (avatar) cave?
my cave is in a mostly dormant volcano.  hanging on the wall are devil dolls wings (it's why she doesn't have any.  i took 'em.)  on a coatrack is the shadows hat and scarf (it was a Great Hunt to find them.)

The Phantom Eyebrow

The Phantom Eyebrow lives in a slightly run-down mansion with such features as drapes, a drawing room and lovely carpets throughout.  His private chambers house his collection of miniature figurines, replicating famous armies from throughout history and each hand-wrought from Semtex (for reasons that are now lost in to the ravages of time). 

He has also started talking about himself in the third person I note, but he doesn't expect that this will last too long. 

ow_tiobe_sb

Melmoth Hall has been modified over the years to accommodate its strange and sundry inhabitants, which have included the revolving roster of P.A.L.S. and, at times, its rogue's gallery.  Much of the interior of the mansion has been technologically enhanced by the clever hand of Grendal, though the lord of the manor (TPB) has no idea how any of it works.  Other items of interest include SPAM's rumpus room, kkhohoho's echoing chamber, Sword's dark master-class cross-training facility, (for a time) TPE's Uriah Heap record collection, TPB's grand salon, and a small glass jar, which has served as the final resting place of Prem's wits for the past twenty-three years.

ow_tiobe_sb
Phantom Bunburyist and Fop o' th' Morning

Previsionary

Quote from: ow_tiobe_sb on February 04, 2008, 11:18:04 AM
[...]and a small glass jar, which has served as the final resting place of Prem's wits for the past twenty-three years.

So that's where it's been! Wait...I just lost my wit last week...something smells fishy and I'm not talking about the guts on tiobe's stained gown.

danhagen

My actual lair includes a drug store spinner rack full of comics from 1959-62, over which our hero periodically gloats, giant custom-made posters of Green Lantern and Showcase covers, a Batcave motion sensor alarm at the door and an array of stalwart action figures and seemingly endless books. A repairman who was once privileged to view the Sanctum Sanctorum exclaimed, "My gosh! It's a shrine to super heroes."

Protomorph

The headquarters of SuperTeamDelta contains the very things you'd expect (stereotypical, even). Large computers with huge monitors, gymnasium, common rooms, living quarters (if any of us wish to crash there), and a small museum memorial dedicated to those of us who have fallen in the line of duty (so far, there's only been two (though one of them was brought back as a clone later), but still...).

In addition, we have a weapons room, containing confiscated armaments from our foes as well as standard stuff.

We confiscated it from a rogue faction of the covert organization NORKA, after they blackmailed us into working for them for a short while. (Fortunately for us they were doofuses who also co-opted a villain that promptly killed them). The headquarters itself is underground in the local city park.

Reepicheep

The citadel serves as both the palace of Nymm and the military headquarters. It is a simple rectangle, as its original purpose was simply as a military stronghold, that became more and more depended upon over the years. It is now the center of economy (outside of the merchant guild) and politics.

The capital was built around the Citadel, originally serving just to accommodate the massive forces that used to home there.

The citadel itself has four walls, with a tower on each corner. The towers can each hold over twenty totally concealed archers, meaning that no matter which direction the citadel would have been attacked, any army would have been picked off very quickly. The east and west wall are the longest. The original entrance gate is on the southern side, although, after it was discovered that each tower had its own escape route, it is now possible to enter via other means.

Above the southern gate, another ten archers can enforce defence.

The keep is located in the middle of the north wall. It is ten times higher than the others with huge spiral staircase circling all the way around the interior, in order to access the different levels. Teleportation devices have been implemented in order to make access easier.

The first few levels include a grand lobby (assumed to once be the living quarters, or dining area) followed by the first throne room and two floors of sleeping quarters for lesser staff. Next is another area for archers, which is still used as a defense today - although, not often. (it also serves as a storehouse, because of the spaciousness) Following that is the military center, then a conference room above that. After this, two more sleeping quarters, more grand than the first, followed by the king's quarters and then the second throne room.

There are two basement levels, which have access to the two north towers as well. The first is another storeroom, mainly holding foodstuff. The second, high-security sub-level is the royal treasury.

The Hitman

The Hitman's Totally Professional Detective Agency offices are located in the center of a fully functioning, public Rollerskating rink. Like that show Ed, wherethe guy was a lawyer in a bowling alley.

Rick Battlemage

I live in the attic... I have 2 rooms, one is green has a bed, a desk and a storagecabinet. The other is red, smeared with blood of my opponents. It also houses my comic books, my collection of anime and comic figurines, my TV and Wii, and several heads lined up on the wall, (2 of them are former teachers).

Wait? Uhm... I ment to say I live in a Treehouse with Reep... it's true! It houses the Giant Fridge +1, keeping our drinks cool (as well as our attitudes.) Okay... so it's lame... *burns down the Treehouse... again*

Reepicheep

*screams as "the citadel" falls over*

bearded

so...no one actually lives in their parents basement?  i think there should be a superhero group that meets in their parents basement, filled with comics.  the man-cave.

ow_tiobe_sb

Quote from: bearded on February 06, 2008, 12:17:53 PM
so...no one actually lives in their parents basement?  i think there should be a superhero group that meets in their parents basement, filled with comics.  the man-cave.

But surely, BiL, 'twould be unoriginal of the rest of us simply to follow in the footsteps of you and your Holly Hobbie dolls, would it not?

ow_tiobe_sb

bearded

they are not "dolls" !  they are action figure collectibles!

Quote from: ow_tiobe_sb on February 06, 2008, 12:23:32 PM
Quote from: bearded on February 06, 2008, 12:17:53 PM

But surely, BiL, 'twould be unoriginal of the rest of us simply to follow in the footsteps of you and your Holly Hobbie dolls, would it not?

ow_tiobe_sb
i'd like to challenge you to a duel.  and i don't mean a sissy /emoting duel.  "i slap you around with a large trout."
no, i mean a real duel. my avatar vs your avatar.  as the victem i allow you choice of venue, i.e.  :ff: or  :ffvstr:.

ow_tiobe_sb

I'll meet you half-way and commence slapping:

ow_tiobe_sb

bearded

yah.  i'm to lazy to load up  :ff: and try to go online also.
that's a nice fish.
how do you spell victem?

Sword

As an alternate to the PALS mansion, my lair in Sunrise City is a steel and glass pyramid, which was once used as a shopping mall. It has now been retrofitted with a deep space radar array, a teleport chamber, a ramp on the fifth floor for speedsters to fling themselves off of, housing for eighteen supers and a training center eighty feet below the surface of the earth.

ow_tiobe_sb

Quote from: bearded on February 06, 2008, 12:29:35 PM
as the victem i allow you choice of venue, i.e.  :ff: or  :ffvstr:.

Quote from: beardedhow do you spell victem?

How do you spell "dangling modifier"?

ow_tiobe_sb

Outamyhead

Well since the Castle with the crusty Weetabix coating does not seem to be around anymore, I have moved into a smaller cabin hidden away in a northern American forest, Droid has made sure it's got the Weetabix exterior (he has a thing for nigh indestructible coatings), and yet camouflaged to blend into the scenery.  We have managed to get a power connection running from the nearest town...and free cable...with internet access (it keeps Droid entertained anyway, worried that he watches too many future weapons episodes).

Deaths Jester

Quote from: ow_tiobe_sb on February 04, 2008, 11:18:04 AM
Melmoth Hall has been modified over the years to accommodate its strange and sundry inhabitants, which have included the revolving roster of P.A.L.S. and, at times, its rogue's gallery.  Much of the interior of the mansion has been technologically enhanced by the clever hand of Grendal, though the lord of the manor (TPB) has no idea how any of it works.  Other items of interest include SPAM's rumpus room, kkhohoho's echoing chamber, Sword's dark master-class cross-training facility, (for a time) TPE's Uriah Heap record collection, TPB's grand salon, and a small glass jar, which has served as the final resting place of Prem's wits for the past twenty-three years.

ow_tiobe_sb

Hey...ye forgot about me couch!!!!