• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

A new 360 owner looking for recommendations

Started by Tortuga, February 18, 2008, 07:52:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

captmorgan72

What kind of freedom do you have in GTA4? Can you kill people randomly or kill a cop and steal his car or weapons? Are there gangs that prowl the streets at night? How is hand to hand combat handled? Any interesting martial art moves?

Tortuga

You can pretty much do what you want, but there are consequences.  Steal a vehicle when there's a cop nearby, and he'll try to arrest you.  Take that cop down, and more cops will come after you.  When driving, you can drive as crazy as you like -- speeding, driving the wrong way, smashing other cars, etc. -- but if you damage a cop car, he'll come after you.

The same goes for offing random citizens -- do it subtly and nothing will happen.  Start shooting people on the street with a cop nearby, and there'll be trouble.

As for the gang question, I have encountered a few times where I run into a car (usually at night) and they'll start shooting at me, but that's about it for gangs outside of the storyline.

Marm, add me as a friend (EDTortuga) and we'll meet up in Liberty City sometime.

Marmeille

laughing paradox

I'm surprised no one mentioned Call of Duty 4. Best game to hit the Xbox ever. It's great on Xbox Live.

I'm an avid fan of Dead Rising as well. I've had it for a couple of years and could STILL play it and have fun.

If you guys are seriously meeting up to play MUA, let me know, I'm down to play a couple of rounds.

billdamn22

One of the first games I picked up when I got my 360 was Rainbow Six Vegas 2. I haven't put it down yet. Multiplayer online is both fun and addictive.

Tortuga

I got the RRoD on Monday night. :thumbup:  It was bound to happen someday.  I'm just glad it happened while under warranty.

Just before 2 weeks of holidays too yet :(

billdamn22

I actually got the dreaded rings 2 weeks ago. I just got my 360 back yesterday. It was a rough 2 weeks. They do give you a free month of Xbox live for your troubles. I feel your pain....

electro

Sorry to hear about this guys - Mine actually lasted all the way from when it came out till about 5 months back & lucky for me I sold it before it kicked the bucket & got me the Elite model - The sucker I sold it too called me 2 weeks later & said that the machine was dead & I said well if i would have taken it to the game store they would have accepted it as an trade-in since it was working fine at the time of it being sold & said sorry to the lad - But now that the new 360 Live update has been implemented you can now copy your games to your harddrive by going to your game in the Live menu's and pressing Y then click install to harddrive - Now your game loads faster, sounds quiter & puts less strain on your machine which can only help the thing last longer right - Only drawback is each game is about 4 to 5 gigs so unless you have the 120 or 60 gig rig then I suggest you only install the games that you play for long hours :blink: