• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Champions Online

Started by captainspud, February 20, 2008, 01:19:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Micromax

Well guys I signed in for the Beta wish me luck I get in  :D .

Previsionary

this was previewed on X-play in depth and even had a few minutes of actual gameplay shown on air. I'll post a link later when it's actually online.

Check it:
Champions Hand on part 1
Champions Hand on part 2

electro

Thanks for sharing this Pre :blink:

BWPS

Obviously this is an early look, but I'd say the DC game looks WAY better as of now.

Uncle Yuan

Interesting - I like the fact that it will be avail on XBox.  Also very intrigued by the fact that console gamers and PC gamers could interact in the same worlds.

Figure Fan

Hmm

It looks pretty interesting. It kind of has an X-Men Legends vibe, which works. I'm just hoping it's not so "button mash arcade-y". The graphics look great so far, as does the character creation menu. Spring 2009, huh? Probably May or April. All I want to know is how much it's going to cost per month. ^_^

electro

I hope it is a button masher personally with Zero target lock on - That would make playing PvP alot more exciting & hardcore unlike in CoX where if i fire a power at someone & they try to go around a corner or superspeed away from me the power just follows them around the corner or half a mile away to catch the speedster - This way if you fire a blast & your opponet dodges, leaps out of the way or runs behind terrain then the power is missed or blocked - I also noticed a blocking manuver which is awesome & would help out against heavy hitters then give me a chance to come back with a combo of my own - Just guessing here but i'll bet that every melee or ranged attack you have can be charged (*ala* the hulk game on the 360) to deliver different strengths of damage to the attack - Anyway I still think that the DC & Champions game have there work cut out for them if they ever hope to deliver the Thrills of the best game ever made CoX :blink:

Figure Fan

Quote from: electro on December 07, 2008, 04:28:26 PM
I hope it is a button masher personally with Zero target lock on - That would make playing PvP alot more exciting & hardcore unlike in CoX where if i fire a power at someone & they try to go around a corner or superspeed away from me the power just follows them around the corner or half a mile away to catch the speedster - This way if you fire a blast & your opponet dodges, leaps out of the way or runs behind terrain then the power is missed or blocked - I also noticed a blocking manuver which is awesome & would help out against heavy hitters then give me a chance to come back with a combo of my own - Just guessing here but i'll bet that every melee or ranged attack you have can be charged (*ala* the hulk game on the 360) to deliver different strengths of damage to the attack - Anyway I still think that the DC & Champions game have there work cut out for them if they ever hope to deliver the Thrills of the best game ever made CoX :blink:

Yeah, I hear you there, Electro. I'm looking forward to actual dodging/hiding. I just hope that pulling off attacks isn't mind-numbingly easy.

Uncle Yuan

They don't have to do away with auto targeting, per se, just allow for reasonable exceptions to it.  If I run around a corner before the sniper fires his attack (as opposed to just initiating it), then it should miss.  You can still miss in CoX, it's just that the to-hit calculation takes place the instant you trigger the power and doesn't account for the actions of the target.

I'm not personally a big fan of the "twitch targeting" concept.  I play these games because I like to make believe I'm someone who is stronger, more agile, more capable than the person I am in real life.  If a game is going to accurately reproduce my spazzy trigger finger and lack of hand-eye coordination then it won't really be any fun for me to play.

Dr.Volt

Quote from: Uncle Yuan on December 07, 2008, 07:12:10 PM
They don't have to do away with auto targeting, per se, just allow for reasonable exceptions to it.  If I run around a corner before the sniper fires his attack (as opposed to just initiating it), then it should miss.  You can still miss in CoX, it's just that the to-hit calculation takes place the instant you trigger the power and doesn't account for the actions of the target.

I'm not personally a big fan of the "twitch targeting" concept.  I play these games because I like to make believe I'm someone who is stronger, more agile, more capable than the person I am in real life.  If a game is going to accurately reproduce my spazzy trigger finger and lack of hand-eye coordination then it won't really be any fun for me to play.

Oh I'm with you.  If my character is only as fast I am...that's not very realistic as to being a true super.  And while we are on the subject, games that require tons of button mashing get old.  Where's the strategy in that?  Well, CO still appears to be the game to watch, imho.  It should be interesting to hear what kind of reports the beta testing and further reviews produce.

|