• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

DC Audiocomics?

Started by crimsonquill, February 29, 2008, 08:55:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crimsonquill

I've been collecting audio books for a long time for those long car rides and bus rides I'm usually stuck on... and I picked up the "Life And Death Of Superman", "Knightfall", and "Kingdom Come" audio dramas which Warner Audiobooks did back in the '90s and have been tempted more then a few times to dig them out for sampling...

Then I recently stumbled upon a small independent audio drama group called http://www.graphicaudio.net/ that aquired the rights for DC Comic adaptations... Of course I was curious to hear them but when my copies of "52" and "Infinity Crisis" arrived last weekend I was glued to my headphones for quite awhile. It was very hard to resist the urge to jump onto this board and inquire if anyone else heard of these audio comics but me and if folks might want audio packs with quotes lifted straight from the comics. And if you are really curious click on the site link above and search for "DC Comics" to listen to the audio trailers youself.

- CrimsonQuill

yell0w_lantern

Groucho

Crimson,

I had no idea this site existed. I have an hour and a half to two hour commute each way to work and go through audiobooks like crazy. I had always wished someone would do some comics. This site also has westerns which I'm a big fan of as well. Many thanks!!!!!

catwhowalksbyhimself

On the subject of free superhero audio, there is Pendant Productions.  They have a Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, and Supergirl series, as well as the Imperium series combining all of them.  Being a free production, is isn't perfectly done, but the writing is good and some of the original characters are pretty outstanding.