• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Giving Voice to the Voiceless

Started by BentonGrey, March 16, 2008, 04:36:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BentonGrey

I thought I'd post this here, since there seems to be a resurgence in voice actors these days:

Howdy guys, I'm still working away on the DCUG, and I'm attempting to provide every character I'm including with a voice that is at least SOMEWHAT appropriate. Needless to say, this results in some less than ideal pairings, but I am especially troubled by characters with tons of personality who are stuck with bland voices. Consider this an open call to all who would like to help me produce a more complete product. Characters I'm particularly concerned about (who concurrently have no or too few appearances in JLU for me to have created a VP for) are:

Blue Beetle: I'm using Sledgehammer's Iceman pack from XML, and it's okay, but not perfect
Booster Gold: He appears in JLU, I just hadn't gotten to him, and who knows when I will!
Guy Garnder: I don't have a clue what to do with him.
Hawkman One of my favorite characters, and he could really use some love.

If, by some miracle, there are people with the desire to voice OTHER characters, please let me know!

Panther_Gunn

Quote from: BentonGrey on March 16, 2008, 04:36:48 PMGuy Garnder: I don't have a clue what to do with him.

If you have some Guy-specific lines in mind (and ready), I might consider taking a stab at this.  Quality may be a problem, as the only mic I have is an old Radio Shack no-frills mic.....from the 80's!  :o

Carravaggio

Hey BG, see if you can grab voicepacks from the old Jagged Alliance games, plenty of cocky, roughneck mercs in there who would be a perfect match for Guy.

bearded

the wife is willing to do some lines, if someone will provide the script.  she does a really good harley by the way.

BentonGrey

Hey guys, thanks for responding!  I'm sorry for my own lack of posts the last week, but my parents have been visiting us for the holidays and my time has been more compressed than normal. 

PG: I'm afraid I don't feel comfortable enough with my grasp of Guy to write lines for him.  That's part of the trouble, I just don't quite know the character well enough to do much with him, but I DO know him well enough to know that the voices I have don't quite fit him.  If anyone might be willing to punch up some lines I'm sure we could work something out. 

Car: Yeah, a lot of those packs are in EZVoice, and I've got several of them.  I don't know if they are quite right though...if PG is willing to do a pack for him, that might be the best solution. ^_^

Bearded:  Excellent!  There are tons of women who could use voices.  I've got a solid Harley pack from the animated series, but ask her if there are any other characters she would like to take a crack at.  I'll be able to pen lines for most characters, I imagine.  I know Mera needs a voice, as does Cheetah, Elasti-girl, Giganta, Powergirl, Star Sapphire, and Supergirl.  I've already got most of the Bat villains locked up, as well as most female characters who showed up in JLU, but if she wanted to take a crack at any of them, she'd be welcome to.  Also, if there is another character she or you particularly want to see done, let me know.

bearded

she likes to mimic famous ppl.  mae west, cher, etc.  so maybe if you wrote lines with the character in mind of the actress that should play her.

BentonGrey

Hmm...well, Elasti-Girl was a famous actress turned heroine, maybe that could work out quite well.  I'll have to think about it a bit, Bearded, but I'll get back to you soon.

Panther_Gunn

How about an Eartha Kitt Catwoman? *snicker*