• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Doctor Who - Season 4 GUMBOTRON FIESTA!!!! OLE!!

Started by B A D, April 07, 2008, 09:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

B A D

We pretty much all expected to see Davros Again. Im a bit dissapointed that the Daleks are going to be the evil bad guy for the season finale 3 out of 4 years.

catwhowalksbyhimself

[spoiler]I agree with you there.  Even if they want to milk the currently agreement for the rights to the Daleks for all it's worth, they don't have to make them the season ender nearly every time.

I wouldn't mind seeing a new threat be the major baddies for a change. Maybe a new group that starts to fill the void left by the Time Lords to become the new masters of time and space--but be a far more aggressive and dangerous group.

It will still be interesting, I'm sure, but I do hope next full season is something different.[/spoiler]

EDIT: Sorry.  Spoilertagified now.

Talavar

Some spoiler tags would have been appreciated there.

Kommando

B A D

Holy...frak. That is just so filled with win its not funny.

The voice of Davros is just PERFECT. It so reminds me of the Genesis  of the Daleks .

B A D

Ok, since I can't stop myself from doing anything, I skipped two episodes and u tubed "Turn Left."

WHOA.

That is probably the best episode of Doctor Who ever, and  the Doctor wasn't in it.

Best line :

[spoiler]He had great hair. I mean really great hair. [/spoiler]

Talavar

Turn Left was pretty good, though I preferred the last 3 episodes to it.  I guess this makes up for last week's, which was almost Doctor-only, by barely having him in it at all.  Still, the second half of this season has been far stronger than the first - let's hope the last 2-parter ends us on a high note!

catwhowalksbyhimself

They actually filmed the last two episodes at the same time, taking advantage of having each one only have one of the two characters.

B A D

This clip is from " The Stolen Earth " and contains MASSIVE spoilers about the finale. DO NOT watch it if you want to be suprised.

http://blogtorwho.blogspot.com/2008/06/stolen-earth-preview-clip.html

kkhohoho

I've already posted this in the comics thread, but this might apply here as well.

http://www.shipsinker.com/wordpress/2007/03/10/a-doctor-who-comic-the-10-doctors

Anyone heard of this webcomic called "The Ten Doctors"?  It's a Doctor Who webcomic that's actually quite good, and as the name implies, it involves all 10 Doctors seen thus far.  There's also many references to both the old show and the new show.  You also have many characters besides the Doctors, which include both the popular and the obscure.  If you're a Doctor Who fan, you should check it out as it's quite excellent, but people who haven't seen a lot of the show would be advised to stay away, as they wouldn't really know what's going on. Also, an entry will sometimes be that of a different webcomic instead, so just skip those.

Here's an article. http://forbiddenplanet.co.uk/blog/?p=8024

Here's a full-color poster, showcasing all 10 doctors.
http://www.shipsinker.com/wordpress/2007/09/08/the-10-doctors-poster/

B A D

oooooooo kkkkkkkkkk.....

Just watched  "The Stolen Earth."

That was just filled with so much squee that they had to import extra Squee from Squeeville to get that much squee into...nevermind.

So much packed into one episode.

AND THE ENDING!!! IT CANT BE!!

the_ultimate_evil

i must admit while watching it though ha bads gonna have a heart attack

DetroitBerserker

Right, I know this now. I shouldn't have watched it last Saturday. I have been obsessing all week over what's going to happen in the next/last episode of the season.
In my opinion, Wilfred Mott aka Donna's Grandad should be the Doctor's permanent companion.
[spoiler]
"It's gone dark... it's them aliens again, I'll bet my pension. What do you want this time, you green swine?! You get back inside, Sylvia, they always want the women!"
[/spoiler]

B A D

catwhowalksbyhimself

Now was that a season ender, or was that a season ender?

GhostMachine

Watched both parts of the season finale on Veoh.

It was pretty good, except for a couple of things:

Regarding the cliffhanger at the end of the first part, I sort of figured what was going to happen:

[spoiler]I figured the severed hand would save him from regenerating somehow, but I didn't figure on it growing into a human Doctor thanks to Donna! Glad they gave Rose a (sort of) happy ending.[/spoiler]

Not too thrilled about this year's Christmas Special, because:

[spoiler]Cybermen!!! Geez, the writers have really painted themselves into a corner, because the Daleks shouldn't be used again for a long time (I'm talking a few years at least), and the Master is dead, leaving the Cybermen as the Doctor's only major enemies who are still around (the Sontarans are a joke and pretty much always have been). Couldn't they come up with a new threat or bring back another alien race from the old series and build them up as powerful nasties?[/spoiler]

B A D

Ok, who the @#$#@$@ let Michael Bay direct the finale?

I dunno. Im not liking the way it ended at all. That bit with Rose at the end I could have read on a message board Fanfic someplace. After all that set up, Im dissapointed.  There were some REALLY good parts,  and parts I cringed at.

Sevenforce

Quote from: B A D on July 06, 2008, 06:43:45 AM
Ok, who the @#$#@$@ let Michael Bay direct the finale?

I dunno. Im not liking the way it ended at all. That bit with Rose at the end I could have read on a message board Fanfic someplace. After all that set up, Im dissapointed.  There were some REALLY good parts,  and parts I cringed at.

Agreed, which to me was a shame, what with the buildup (which, admittedly, wasn't spectacular, but was still better than most) Come on! [spoiler]"I have all his memories, am basically him but human now, but somehow I still regressed to lesser personality traits, even though I've gone through the exact same tribulations with Rose as the real one, and yet still need Rose to teach me everything I already know?" Just so Rose can have a happier ending than before, which was still a pretty damn happy ending?? WHAT?![/spoiler]

I dunno, I mean, it feels very much like the producers are fanbaiting now, especially with episodes like Silence in The Library. Just come out and say it! Sheesh.

The whole series has been hit and miss with me, and it feels more and more like The Doctor is now the Deus Ex Machina to end all Deus Ex Machinas. I mean, seriously, what kind of technobabble gobbledegook came out of Donnas mouth? I know its almost always been that way, but in previous series its always felt like, I dunno, like The Doctor was an adventurer who was actually in danger sometimes, but now...well, now its like "Oh, he'll get out of it and destroy an ENTIRE RACE for the freaking THIRD TIME. He always does!" That...that's just boring :(

the_ultimate_evil

i enjoyed it though i did think when rose ended up with the clone doc, i thought for god sake the fangirls have won

and seriously its a shame to get rid of donna that way, i don't see how anyone can say she isn't the best companion of the new show, its would have been interesting to see the doctor/donna character have a bit more time to develop. the part with her spouting doctor esq lines was superb and i don't like tates comedy

Talavar

The finales have never been my favourite episodes of New Who; I liked parts of this episode quite a bit, and other parts very little.  As a whole, I'd say it was better than last year's finale.  I'm just glad David Tennant is sticking around - there's a new showrunner now, the writer of most of my favourite New Who episodes.

B A D

the_ultimate_evil

i knew it was coming yet i still felt ripped off when the regeneration went south, i know they needed a cliffhanger but seriously thats the one thing that shouldn't have been messed with

i mean now all we have to do is when 10 actually regenerates right away cut off 11's arm and keep it stored away just in case

cmdrkoenig67

Quote from: the_ultimate_evil on July 06, 2008, 03:14:37 PM
i enjoyed it though i did think when rose ended up with the clone doc, i thought for god sake the fangirls have won

and seriously its a shame to get rid of donna that way, i don't see how anyone can say she isn't the best companion of the new show, its would have been interesting to see the doctor/donna character have a bit more time to develop. the part with her spouting doctor esq lines was superb and i don't like tates comedy

I agree with UE...I hated Rose's new ending.... :spoiler:

As mean as it may sound...I had hoped Rose would die.  I never liked the idea of the Doctor falling in love with her...They are a terrible, terrible fit...It's like matching Albert Einstein with the village idiot.  I really don't see what he would see in her.

I loved the DoctorDonna...CT was hilarious...I really enjoyed the crazy fun parts of the episode, but I hated the fanwank parts (a separate Doctor for Rose?...ugh!).  Donna was a great companion, she had loads of fun traveling with the Doctor, had that sense of wonder and amazement that I like to see and she gave him lip, kept him in line...It's really too bad she was effectively/metaphorically killed off.

I also agree with Seven...The Doctor "exterminates" the Dalek race...Again?...It's gone past ridiculous.

Dana

cmdrkoenig67

Quote from: Talavar on July 07, 2008, 08:27:37 AM
The finales have never been my favourite episodes of New Who; I liked parts of this episode quite a bit, and other parts very little.  As a whole, I'd say it was better than last year's finale.  I'm just glad David Tennant is sticking around - there's a new showrunner now, the writer of most of my favourite New Who episodes.

Isn't RTD still Exec Producer until 2010, though?

Dana

AfghanAnt

I have to admit I'm sad Tate is gone and I really love the idea of Doctor Donna.

The Rose bits annoyed me. I was just not fond of the character especially getting her happy ending.

I was sad there wasn't more Martha and Jack. I love these two but I'm glad they walked off together and Mickey tagged along.

I'm interested to find out who Ten's new companion will be. I really hope she isn't as mouthful and forceful as Donna and not as lovesick as Martha and Rose, maybe it is time for a new male companion.

Talavar

I don't know... I don't think the idea of Doctor Donna would have worked in the long run.  The Doctor works because you play him off against someone (relatively) normal.  If both characters on what's essentially a 2-person show acted like that all the time, it'd get old fast.

Kommando

Quote from: Talavar on July 08, 2008, 03:58:20 PM
I don't know... I don't think the idea of Doctor Donna would have worked in the long run.  The Doctor works because you play him off against someone (relatively) normal.  If both characters on what's essentially a 2-person show acted like that all the time, it'd get old fast.

Seemed to work ok for team Doctor/Romana/K-9...

B A D

Only cause Romana wore that hawt schoogirl hat.

Talavar

Romana was also smart, but she was a different character.  Donna basically had the Doctor's personality and intellect imprinted on her.  As a basic story-telling mechanic, there's a reason why Sherlock Holmes was partnered with Watson, rather than his brother.  Same principle at work here.

|