• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Doctor Who - Season 4 GUMBOTRON FIESTA!!!! OLE!!

Started by B A D, April 07, 2008, 09:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

B A D

The prevailing rumour at this point is that[spoiler]The Last David Tennant special will Feature River Song meeting the doctor in some way, shape or form. [/spoiler]

AfghanAnt

Talavar

Quote from: AfghanAnt on November 05, 2008, 12:37:23 PM
Can I get Nine back?

I doubt it.  I liked both nine and ten, so hopefully eleven will keep the streak alive.

Bujin

Quote from: bredon7777 on November 04, 2008, 09:37:25 AM

I'd have no problem with Nesbitt who was AMAZING in Jekyll.  My personal choice would probably be Paterson Joseph, aka "The Marquis de Carabas"

Paterson's name is popping up quite a bit - I thought he was great in both Jekyll and Neverwhere, so I think he could be a terrific Doctor.  (of course, Nesbitt could handle the role very well, too.)

B A D

I doubt it.

Moffat will prolly throw us a curve.

I'd love to see someone less than gorgeous but incredibly funnly like Simon Pegg to the role. Bring a bit of the whacky that was #2 to the role. or , somebody older. Moffat has stated he wanted somebody "grandfatherly " to play the Doctor originally. How @#$@#$@#$ cool would it be for Ian Mckellen or Patrick Stewart to pick it up for a few years?

Bujin

Quote from: B A D on November 06, 2008, 07:51:40 AM
I doubt it.

Moffat will prolly throw us a curve.

I'd love to see someone less than gorgeous but incredibly funnly like Simon Pegg to the role. Bring a bit of the whacky that was #2 to the role. or , somebody older. Moffat has stated he wanted somebody "grandfatherly " to play the Doctor originally. How @#$@#$@#$ cool would it be for Ian Mckellen or Patrick Stewart to pick it up for a few years?

I thought I read recently that they will be keeping in the 30-45 year old range, due to the physical demands of the filming, which is much more exhausting than in the old days.

B A D

Bujin

Quote from: B A D on November 06, 2008, 07:36:39 PM
Your filthy lies do us no good.

I beg to differ:  my filthy lies have benefitted me greatly.

B A D

From Outpost Gallifrey:

Presenter Terry Wogan has reported on his radio show that the next Doctor might be announced in this year's Children In Need show. Although nothing has appeared officially to confirm this, Wired suggests that such an announcement would be a good fund-raiser for the event.

Kommando

Something I posted at Outpost Gallifrey...
----------------------------------------

An Odd Way for John Simm to be the Doctor

I thought of this in another thread where someone suggested an outfit for the Doctor which reminded me of Hannibal Lecter with the Panama hat. Anyhow, we know the Master can transfer his personality into other bodies, effectively taking them over. What if, when he died in Last of the Time Lords, he decided to do the same with the Doctor? Of course the Doctor, having a strong will, would be able to resist a direct attack. So, the Master would have to lay low for a while, biding his time for the Doctor to be in a moment of weakness. A weakness such as a new regeneration, where he becomes Simm. Even then, the Master might only be able to take over the Doctor part of the time, creating a Jekyll/Hyde effect, or maybe even something more akin to Angel Heart with the Doctor chasing after himself trying to undo the damage his other persona caused. The crux would be that only the Master persona would know of the dual life, at least at first. Even more fun could be a few all Master episodes where he gets to run amok and cause chaos. May not be to the liking of other fans, but you have to admit it would give the show that dark edge some people have been yearning for.

Podmark

Lying in the Gutters is reporting that Paterson Joseph will be the new Doctor Who.
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=18930

I've never seen the show but thought you guys would want to know.

B A D

I honestly have no idea who he is. He looks a bit like Mickey.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Turns out the Doctor made a sort of guest appearance in a recent book.

I was reading Brisingr and browsed the author's notes when I saw him admit that he had mentioned the Doctor in a scene I had not read as carefully as I could I did.  Here are the relevant passages.  There are no spoilers.  These are both things one character is absent-mindedlly writing in the dirt.

Adrift upon the sea of time, the lonely god wanders from shore to distant shore, upholding the laws of the stars above.

QuoteThe trickster, the riddler, the keeper of the balance, he of the many faces who find life in death and who fears no evil; e who walks through doors.

Just found it interesting.

cmdrkoenig67

So possibly Paterson Joseph?  I haven't heard of him, but a change in skin color may be a very interesting turn for the Doctor....I like it!

I'd love to see John Simm do the part too(very cool Master/Doctor plot there, Kommando)...He had such energy as the Master.

I would also like to see a Doctor who's bit more loopy (like Pat Troughton and Tom Baker were).  I can't say I was very fond of Eccleston, but he did a good job...I've really liked Tennant and will be a bit bummed to see him go.

I also like the idea of seeing a more aged/grandfatherly/or at least, fatherly Doctor again...He could have youngish companions to do all the heavy-lifting...LOL.

Dana

|