• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Dragon Ball Z movie (live action)

Started by Midnite, April 10, 2008, 04:34:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Podmark

Quote from: qazwsx on October 25, 2008, 01:35:58 PM
Further adding to this point, the bloke who played the Keymaker is Goku's grandfather, but maybe they all went for some white arse from then on :lol:

Goku's grandad is just adoptive. Goku is an alien from another planet. Honestly he didn't look distinctly like a different culture from the rest of the cast, but there's nothing in the series to say that he didn't either. It's actually one element of this movie that I kinda like.

And yes Dragonball is a very culturally aware series.

thanoson

Podmark

I really have no hopes for this movie, so when I finally see it it's only a question of how bad it gets.

Also I was a Dragonball fan years ago. I always thought it would translate poorly to a movie.

Jakew

I'm not a fan of Dragonball Z (in that I never followed it and know the bare minimum about it), but from sheerly a film perspective, that looked ...  :thumbdown:

House Quake

Well... I'll stick to the minority.  I became a fan of Dragonball right up to DBGT because my sons loved it.  I thought this preview was decent enough.  Pretty much a whole lot of what I'd expect to see in a live action Dragonball movie.  A lot of impossible martial arts... energy power ups.. explosions... etc.  I've seen better trailers... I've seen worse. I look forward to seeing the movie regardless and will with hold judgment until it comes out.

MJB

Looked like a modern day action movie to me. I don't see what the big hub-bub is about. I try not to judge movies before I've actually seen them. If/when I see this one it will be with my 9 year old son. I'm sure he will get a kick out of this since he's a big Dragon Ball fan.

My only gripe is that the studio decided to add "Evolution" to the name of the movie. What, Dragon Ball wasn't enough for a title? Didn't offer enough recognition? Silly addition if you ask me.

-MJB