• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Who you gonna call?

Started by Previsionary, April 13, 2008, 10:47:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Previsionary

Since I didn't see any threads around here on it, is anyone excited that Ghostbusters is finally getting a new game?

Check out some of the info below:

G4tv interview + gameplay

gamespy info + trailer

Main site. Flash heavy

Fansite + screen caps

IGN screen caps, trailers, interviews, etc.

RTTingle

Quote from: Previsionary on April 13, 2008, 10:47:51 AM
Since I didn't see any threads around here on it, is anyone excited that Ghostbusters is finally getting a new game?

Check out some of the info below:

G4tv interview + gameplay

gamespy info + trailer

Main site. Flash heavy

Fansite + screen caps

IGN screen caps, trailers, interviews, etc.

Saw this several months back when first announced...   not much new now save for the trivia game and a few more screenshots.

Actually kinda excited by this since any chance of a GB3 movie kept fizzling.  I'm amazed they got all the original voices and they're keeping this game is if it a sequel of sorts and in timeline.

Looking forward to it and happy they're doing a PC version.

RTT

crimsonquill

I've been keeping my eye on the Ghostbusters game for awhile now... especially when the "leaked" footage started appearing on the net a year or so ago, however that footage was testing by the original coding team before Columbia Pictures pulled them into the main team and got the legal stuff rangled out so the original cast could be contacted. And the rumor mill going in Hollywood is that a possible GB3 (with the original cast doing more voice work) might be worked out as a direct-to-video CGI film if the game is successful.

I'm so getting the PC version because I get most of my games that way... but I'm probably going to pick up the Wii version too since it looks very interesting since they are opting for a Real Ghostbusters cartoon style for it and making the wand control more point-and-shoot (which is always a plus since my aim with a mouse takes away from the mood in my book) AND up to 4 players at a time.

- CrimsonQuill

Silver Shocker

"Who you gonna call?  Somebody else!"
~Dan Ackroyd, cameo in Casper movie

I'm pretty excited about this. The Ghostbusters movies were just about my favorite movies as a child and I've grown to appreciate them even more as I got older. I used to love playing the old computer game on my old Commodore C64, so I'd loved to play this game when it comes out. More interested in the realistic version of it.

docdelorean88

Who Isn't excited :thumbup:!!! This game is gonna rock! Those graphics look great and i didn't know there will be a PC version, which makes me wonder, which do i like better first person camera (most PC shooter games) or third person camera (PS2, there will be a PS2 version right,rather than just PS3?)?

Previsionary

Quote from: docdelorean88 on April 14, 2008, 03:51:51 PM
Who Isn't excited :thumbup:!!! This game is gonna rock! Those graphics look great and i didn't know there will be a PC version, which makes me wonder, which do i like better first person camera (most PC shooter games) or third person camera (PS2, there will be a PS2 version right,rather than just PS3?)?

the game is on the following systems: PS2, PS3, Wii, Xbox360, PC, and DS

thalaw2

I shoulda come into this thread sooner.  I was a fan of the old Ghost Busters game, can't remember the system though (I'm sure it wasn't C64). 

Talk about a great cartoon series, The Real GB was it...probably paved the way for Batman TAS and was much better than "Let's go Ghost Busters".

the_ultimate_evil

docdelorean88

Quote from: thalaw2 on April 14, 2008, 06:02:01 PM
I shoulda come into this thread sooner.  I was a fan of the old Ghost Busters game, can't remember the system though (I'm sure it wasn't C64). 

Talk about a great cartoon series, The Real GB was it...probably paved the way for Batman TAS and was much better than "Let's go Ghost Busters".

Let's go ghost busters, was that the one with the gorilla? :huh:

thalaw2

Quote from: docdelorean88 on April 15, 2008, 01:23:59 PM
Quote from: thalaw2 on April 14, 2008, 06:02:01 PM

Let's go ghost busters, was that the one with the gorilla? :huh:

Yes it had a gorilla and a talking car that gave my friend nightmares.   LOL!

Silver Shocker

I seem to recall that one being sooo bad.

I don't remember "The Real Ghostbusters" that well but I do recall I seemed to love watching it as a kid. These days it would probably bug me that it's not the actors from the movies.

thalaw2

You can watch some eps. of TRGB on youtube.  You can catch the other GBs there too. 
<geek hat on>  Filmations Ghostbusters were actually based on the earliest ghostbusters and therefore more "real" than the ghostbusters we love.  </geek hat off>  I hate putting that hat on it makes me look so dorky...i was hoping someone else would do it first.... :P :P

Valandar

Quote from: thalaw2 on April 16, 2008, 11:36:13 PM
You can watch some eps. of TRGB on youtube.  You can catch the other GBs there too. 
<geek hat on>  Filmations Ghostbusters were actually based on the earliest ghostbusters and therefore more "real" than the ghostbusters we love.  </geek hat off>  I hate putting that hat on it makes me look so dorky...i was hoping someone else would do it first.... :P :P

Yeah, but the gorilla was stupid... both in the original live action (whose name the movie Ghostbusters actually had to pay to use), and in the Filmation cartoon that followed the movie.

docdelorean88

I just saw that they are doing an overhaul on the Staypuft battle. Interesting, hope its better,cause i was kinda neutral from the clips of original level

BentonGrey

I'm moderately annoyed by what I just discovered...not to mention mystified. 

http://www.gamespot.com/wii/action/ghostbusters08/video/6190104/ghostbusters-the-video-game-interview

Apparently you're not actually playing as one of the original crew, you're playing as a new "fifth" Ghostbuster.  This isn't exactly a deal breaker or anything, but I was really looking forward to playing as Dr. Venkman.  I don't really get why they'd introduce a new character, you know everyone wants to play as their favorite Ghostbuster.

docdelorean88

Quote from: BentonGrey on November 07, 2008, 07:13:18 PM
I'm moderately annoyed by what I just discovered...not to mention mystified. 

http://www.gamespot.com/wii/action/ghostbusters08/video/6190104/ghostbusters-the-video-game-interview

Apparently you're not actually playing as one of the original crew, you're playing as a new "fifth" Ghostbuster.  This isn't exactly a deal breaker or anything, but I was really looking forward to playing as Dr. Venkman.  I don't really get why they'd introduce a new character, you know everyone wants to play as their favorite Ghostbuster.

Yeah i thought that too. I remember reading somewhere that there would, at somepoint in the game, be a reason to use an original ghostbuster. Either way i am excited, though very angry at the release delay.

crimsonquill

Quote from: BentonGrey on November 07, 2008, 07:13:18 PM

The game writers along with Ramis/Aykroyd have stated in reviews that playing the stars would limit gameplay because you would only get 1/4 of the whole story if the team split up. Having the gamer as the 5th Ghostbuster allows you to actually become part of the team (which most die hard fans always wanted to do) as the rookie (which Ernie Hudson and Rick Moranis took their turns in the previous movies) and you complete your missions while listening to the other Ghostbusters interact among themselves (hence getting to feel like you are within another Ghostbusters movie). Plus you ending up as the "test subject" for new devices makes sense because I think the rest of the team have finally grown smart enough to stay far away from Egon's toys until they are 100% bug free and fully operational.

However the Wii version of Ghostbusters actually is an entirely different version of the game and storyline.. since they were forced to do a Real Ghostbusters style animated look to the game because of the limitations of that systems graphics card - they added multiplayer. That version I'm sure will allow each player to control Egon, Peter, Ray, and Winston in that multiplayer mode as well as a generic player for the single player mode for those who want to play the next gen version of the game without the high end graphics. Which is probably why I'm getting the PC version for myself and the Wii version for my son - best of both worlds.

- CQ

BentonGrey

Well, at least I understand their reasoning now, but I'd still rather play as my favorite character.  I suppose I may pick up the Wii version then, as long as it doesn't turn out to be really watered down.

Previsionary

this was actually previewed a bit in-depth on X-play and should be online later tonight. I'll just say it looked pretty fun.

docdelorean88

Previsionary

BentonGrey

Multiplayer........that means that I WILL have the chance to play as one of the originals!

docdelorean88

Yeah, Benton! Internet high five on that one! :lol:

crimsonquill

Quote from: BentonGrey on December 06, 2008, 03:48:06 PM
Multiplayer........that means that I WILL have the chance to play as one of the originals!

Yeah, apparently they added the Multiplayer option to the 360/PS3/PC version now that they have the extra development time to work on it after the shift from Activision to Atari... also means good things might be happening with the Wii version too since they had a small timeframe to push the limits of the graphics card on that system.

- CQ

BWPS

Quote from: crimsonquill on December 06, 2008, 09:12:02 PM
Quote from: BentonGrey on December 06, 2008, 03:48:06 PM

Yeah, apparently they added the Multiplayer option to the 360/PS3/PC version now that they have the extra development time to work on it after the shift from Activision to Atari... also means good things might be happening with the Wii version too since they had a small timeframe to push the limits of the graphics card on that system.

- CQ

Whether I have a PS3 or not at launch, I'm going to want the Wii version of this (provided its as fun as it looks). It seems like one of those games that just begs to be Wii-moted!