• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Don't Know What To Say..

Started by Cyber Burn, May 01, 2008, 06:25:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyber Burn

As some of you may know, FLASH_22798 is my cousin. We group up together, he has always been one of my best friends, and he is the one who introduced me to Freedom Force. I have really enjoyed my time here but need to take some time off. Like me, my cousin has suffered from Bi-Polar disorder for the majority of his life. Unfortunately, he always had a hard time staying on his medications. This has always been problematic for not only him, but our family as a whole.

This is kind of hard for me, but I know that during his "up" periods, he spoke highly of the people here, and I felt I should say  something. This afternoon, I recieved a phonecall from his wife saying that he had taken his life last night. He left behind a wife and daughter who are devastated. As for myself, It's hard staying on the meds sometimes, but I don't want to leave my wife and daughter behind, especially now.

I don't know if I should have posted this or not, but I felt that the people that he was friends with deserved to know why he kept leaving and why he won't be back. Please keep his wife and daughter in your thoughts for me. Thank you.

ow_tiobe_sb

This is terrible news, Cyber Burn.  Please accept my condolences for your loss and pass the community's sympathy on to your cousin's family.

ow_tiobe_sb

tommyboy

I'm so sorry for your loss.
My condolences to you and his family.
He was a nice, talented guy who will be missed.

UnfluffyBunny

my sincere condolances to you and your family for your loss,
while I never actually spoke to him, I remember him as a friendly poster, and always giving his own time to help others with what he could.
this is a loss in more ways than I can express, I believe no-one would argue that he was a prime member of the community and his presence will be missed.

Gremlin

Wow...I'm so sorry to hear this. Flash was a really cool frood.  My condolences.

stumpy

Cyber Burn, I am really sorry to hear that. My thoughts are with you and your family. I am glad he was able to spend some time with us here and he'll be missed. I'm glad you let us know.

doctorchallenger

Cyber -

I am incredibly sorry about your loss. When I first started making request on this board, Flash was one of the folks who responded early on.  I remember leafing through his many yahoo groups, thinking that he really was trying to make sure the community had access to one skin of almost every Marvel and DC character, dedicated to the cause.

All my best to you and you family.

vamp

Please except my sincerest condolences. I am extremely sorry to here of this loss. He was a very good man. I wish I could say something to make things better. I never post in these kind of threads, but I think he deserves at least that from me. I am just really sorry to hear about this.

Zapow

I am truly sorry for your loss.

Pyroclasm

You and your family are in my thoughts.  Thank you for letting us know.

Epimethee

Please accept my condoleances and convey my deepest sympathies to your family, Cyber Burn.

The Hitman

My deepest condolences to your family. He was a real nice guy who, like for many others, was always happy to help me out, skin- wise. But, more importantly, he was a really great guy. I am really shocked and saddened to hear about this. Your family's in my thoughts.

MJB

It always saddens me to my core when I hear about news like this.

My deepest condolences. :cry:

-MJB

BWPS

I'm so sorry, that's really terrible :(.

Rick Battlemage

My condolences to you and his family.

And thanks for letting us know.

USAgent

That was terrible, terrible news.  I had a online frindship with Flash when he was active, he was one of the few people that I actually felt close enough to to actually care about when we would PM each other.  Now I wish I would of PMed him more.   
man.......

My condolences

El Condor

My prayers and condolences go out to you and the family, Cyber.  Flash's death is clearly a tragedy for the FR community.

EC

Protomorph

Oh...damn. That's terrible news. It is good that you have told us. I'm sure there are more than a few people here that don't have anyone in their real lives that would let us know about something like this. This is, sadly, not the first time something like this has happened to a poster. In that case, we were informed by his brother, and another time by his mother, several months after the fact. How many more will we never know about?

My condolences to your family.
Goodbye Flash...

billdamn22

I am truly at a loss for words right now. My thoughts and deepest condolences to you and his family.

Alaric

I'm sorry to hear about this. My condolences to family and friends.

H0UR_MAN

I normally do not read in this forum, today I am glad that I did. Cyber Burn, I am sorry that did not have the opportunity to meet your cousin. I not long ago lost my uncle in the same manner, and can empathize with your loss. My deepest condolences to your family. My thoughts and prayers are with his wife and daughter.

kkhohoho

I've had experiences with the deaths of several of my own family members in the past,(none of them being parents or siblings), and I have to say that I am truly sorry about your loss.

chuckles

I'm very sorry hear this. My condolences to your entire family.

detourne_me

I'm so sorry,  this is devastating.
take care of yourself and your family man.

AfghanAnt

I'm so sorry to hear about this. I know a few things about mental disorders and how difficult it is for everyone in your life.

My heart goes out to you, and the rest of his family.

rmt

I am so sorry to hear this news.  What a tragic turn of events.  My condolences to you and to the entire family.  Flash was a very kind and talented person.  My interactions with him were fairly limited but always positive.  He will be missed.

UnkoMan

I, too, don't usually even check this forum.

I would never have guessed anything wasn't right with Flash. He just always seemed like a friendly, good natured chap, to me. As shown by the support here, he will indeed be missed. We need more people like him. Not just on the internets, but in the world.

Lunarman

Wow. I'm lost for words too. I'm so sorry for you and your family, I used to see him frequently around the boards and he always offered positive comments and produced great work.

My condolences... I'm so sorry

bat1987

The topic tittle is apropriate. When it comes to things like this, one doesn`t know what to say.

My condolences to you and your family.

Spam

My condolences to your family and his...