Author Topic: Heroes Season 3  (Read 12959 times)

Offline Glitch Girl

• Titans
Heroes Season 3
« on: May 09, 2008, 08:29:08 AM »
Figured since it was finally back in production, there should be a new thread for the eventual rumor mill.

Tidbit of news I spotted this morning...
Speedy new character debuts on new season of NBC's `Heroes'

Meet Daphne, the speedy new character on NBC's "Heroes," who plans to give the show's superhumans especially time traveler Hiro and his sidekick, Ando a run for their money when she debuts on the popular NBC series' upcoming third season, which went back into production last week.

Offline catwhowalksbyhimself

Re: Heroes Season 3
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2008, 09:12:41 AM »
Nice!  A superspeedster, and a foil for Hiro, both of which I approve of.

That's actually a pretty good power to him up against.  Someone who could potentially move faster than he can freeze time.  He he.

Offline BWPS

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2008, 09:28:34 AM »
Nice!  A superspeedster, and a foil for Hiro, both of which I approve of.

That's actually a pretty good power to him up against.  Someone who could potentially move faster than he can freeze time.  He he.

Does he stop time or slow it down really really slow? Because it it's the first, they'll have to find some new reason why he won't use his full potential. Either way, I'm so incredibly giddy about Heroes coming back!

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2008, 09:48:25 AM »
Remember, it takes him a bit of time to actually make the decision and active his powers to freeze time.  Even if it's only a fraction of a second, that's all a super speedster might need.

EDIT:  Hmm, apparently, season 3 sees the return of "Save the cheerleader, save the world."

Offline Conduit

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2008, 11:34:23 AM »
Yeah, Hiro has to do that "scrunchy face" thing and concentrate really hard to stop time.  Even for Future Hiro, that took a few seconds.  More than enough time for a super speedster to get him.

EDIT:  Hmm, apparently, season 3 sees the return of "Save the cheerleader, save the world."

Really?  Didn't they do this a little in season 2 too?  It's getting a bit tired at this point.

Offline Protomorph

• Moderators
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2008, 06:30:48 PM »
I heard that the new season is dealing more with villains than heroes.

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2008, 08:06:20 PM »
Well, it does have to do with a whole bunch of villains coming on the scene, but that doesn't mean the focus will leave the main heroes.  It just means there will be more adversaries.

Offline JeyNyce

• Moderators
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2008, 08:08:19 AM »

Offline bredon7777

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2008, 09:27:39 AM »
That was spectacularly uninformative, other than that the season premiere would be 3 hours (though I'd bet money they're going to cheat- 1 hour recap special and normal 2 hour premiere)

Offline BWPS

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2008, 10:37:54 AM »
That was spectacularly uninformative, other than that the season premiere would be 3 hours (though I'd bet money they're going to cheat- 1 hour recap special and normal 2 hour premiere)

30 minute recap, 1 hour of new stuff, 1.5 hours of "limited commercial interruption" brought to you by ONE commercial!

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2008, 12:23:36 PM »
According to wikipedia, it is going to be a 1 hour recap followed by two hours of newness.

Offline JeyNyce

• Moderators
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2008, 12:47:01 PM »
What's wrong with a 1-hour recap?  It's been so long I wouldn't mind a recap of some of the stuff that went on last season.  It would have been wrong to have a 2 hour show with a 1 hour recap.

Offline Mr. Hamrick

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2008, 07:09:00 PM »
ok, I want to go on the record with a few predictions (especially after seeing the promo)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline Outcast

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2008, 05:36:04 AM »
Yeah, Hiro has to do that "scrunchy face" thing and concentrate really hard to stop time.  Even for Future Hiro, that took a few seconds.  More than enough time for a super speedster to get him.

It's funny you mentioned Hiro's "scrunchy face" thing, it reminded me of this old video i saw http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVV2ft4-2xk.
Anyways, I was under the impression that by the end of season 2, Hiro has somewhat mastered stopping time and teleporting in just a blink of an eye (or in some cases Ando's eye). So i think a speedster would have a hard time being Hiro's rival. Unless of course Hiro is taken by surprise. That's how Adam did it.  Or if Hiro would to charge recklessly with his sword like he did with Peter. :P

« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2008, 08:44:26 AM »
Oh he's quicker, but it still takes time.  Besides, even a blink of an eye is plenty of time for a speedster.

Offline Conduit

« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2008, 03:05:01 PM »
Yeah, he has gotten quicker at it, especially teleporting.  If I remember right, he usually takes about a second to teleport near the end of season 2, whereas it took him several seconds in early Season 1.  He didn't stop time as often in Season 2, but I believe it took a similar amount of time.  The point still stands, though.  The article describes her covering hundreds of feet in the time it takes Hiro to stop time.

Offline Outcast

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2008, 09:03:04 PM »
Yeah, he has gotten quicker at it, especially teleporting.  If I remember right, he usually takes about a second to teleport near the end of season 2, whereas it took him several seconds in early Season 1.  He didn't stop time as often in Season 2, but I believe it took a similar amount of time.  The point still stands, though.  The article describes her covering hundreds of feet in the time it takes Hiro to stop time.

Then i guess it's just a matter of who gets the jump on who. :P It'd be interesting to see what kind of fight scenes the writers would come up for them in the show. Any ideas? I have this funny idea that whenever Hiro decides to stop time, he'd be suprise to see his rival just an inch away to punching his lights out. :P

I heard that the new season is dealing more with villains than heroes.

Sounds great. More villains for sylar to get his hands on. Bwahahaha. :rolleyes:

So when are they going to start Season 3?

Offline The Hitman

« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2008, 07:01:39 AM »
*ARISE* (Figured there's no point in making a second thread about this)

Just a reminder, Heroes: Season 3 starts up tonight at 9pm, with an  hour intro at 8pm.

Offline Outcast

« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2008, 09:48:20 AM »
I saw some preview scenes.

« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2008, 10:11:04 AM »
There's also the scene shown on the Tonight Show.

Also a bit from an interview with Masai

Offline Panther_Gunn

• Titans
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2008, 03:15:09 PM »
Just a reminder, Heroes: Season 3 starts up tonight at 9pm, with an  hour intro at 8pm.

*suddenly remembers he didn't set the VCR to record that first hour*  :o

Was there going to be anything new in that intro, or just a rehash of last season?

Offline MJB

• Moderators
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2008, 10:06:09 PM »
Recorded the intro but didn't watch it. From what I can gather it's a recap with previews of the upcoming season.

-MJB

Offline Podmark

« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2008, 10:50:36 PM »
Well watched it. I have mixed feelings. Some stuff I liked, some I didn't.
Still love Hiro and Ando.

Offline Mr. Hamrick

« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2008, 12:59:01 AM »
Overall, I liked it.  I fully expect some of you to nit pick it to death but its was not bad and a definite improvement over Season 2.  There were a couple of things that didn't make sense, though. 

Offline Podmark

« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2008, 01:26:53 AM »
Overall, I liked it.  I fully expect some of you to nit pick it to death but its was not bad and a definite improvement over Season 2.  There were a couple of things that didn't make sense, though. 

There's an obvious answer to your one question:

Offline stumpy

• Moderators
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2008, 06:10:55 AM »
OKay, I liked it. There were some silly parts, but it was a strong start to the third season

Anyway, they planted plenty of seeds for things to come in this season opener and, though I was a little worried, the pacing was excellent. It looks like I will be turning on my TV on Mondays again.  :)

Offline Talavar

« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2008, 10:49:12 AM »
I enjoyed the opener, but this is still the show where supposedly smart people do the dumbest things imaginable.

Offline Adamence

« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2008, 11:21:59 AM »
Definitely a good couple episodes that I enjoyed a lot, that had me saying "cool" and "neat" from the start interlaced with a whole lot of "huhs?" "whats" and "how does that works."

Definitely got left with a bunch of questions...

Offline JeyNyce

• Moderators
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2008, 11:39:35 AM »
It was a great opener for the new season and while I was left with a lot of "cool", "what?" and "huhs?" I'm sure that the writers will answers these question with some reasonable sense and not just BS.

Offline Sgt. Friday

« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2008, 01:24:14 PM »
Over all, a strong opening.

It does leave one with a lot of questions though

I'll be excited to follow it as much as I can, though.