Heroes Season 3

Started by Glitch Girl, May 09, 2008, 06:29:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

robinka

[spoiler]Did hiro get his power back? I'm so confused. [/spoiler]

The Hitman

[spoiler]
No, Hiro didn't get his powers back. Ando used his new ability to supercharge Daphnie's superspeed, allowing her to run faster than time. they went back, grabbed Hiro, and then "ran" to the future.

On a related note, I think Hiro will get his power back by the end of Chapter 5, either directly as a formula, or indirectly, like if Ando can give normals powers as long as he's holding on to them.
[/spoiler]

stumpy

[spoiler]I am not clear on how Hiro, Ando, and Daphne got back to the present, after rescuing Hiro from Sulu's katana in the past. In the previous 'supercharged' use of her power, Daphne ran to the past, but had to wait for that time to pass again to regain the present. Which sort of makes pseudo-science sense. She normally runs so fast that she is almost moving while time is slowed for everyone else (that's how she could interact with Hiro when he was trying to freeze time), so the amped-up power goes further than just slowing time and reverses it. How she goes from that to running directly into the future, I don't know.

BTW, I really like Quinto's acting for Sylar. His scenes are fun to watch.

I agree with HQ that there seem to be too many spinning-their-wheels arcs where it sort of made no difference whether or not the arc happened.

Also, so we are to assume that the Haitian's nullification power can be focused on one person? I had previously gotten the impression that it was sort of an area-effect deal. But, clearly, Sylar was using his power while Poptrelli was nulled...

We didn't see just how he escaped, but I wonder what Mohinder's new power will be. And, I wonder just what sort of stupid things he will do with Tracy.

FWIW, I stand by my earlier statement that Nathan is sort of a dope.  <_<[/spoiler]

catwhowalksbyhimself

[spoiler]
Why would Mohinder get new powers?  He already had powers, just a deadly mutation along with it.  My impression is that the correct formula merely canceled out the flaw in his cruder version, which should result in no change powerwise.
[/spoiler]

stumpy

[spoiler]The deadly aspects were still part of the same mutation that gave him the enhanced strength, etc. Maybe the newer formula kept the cosmetic effects to a minimum and left the beneficial effects the same. I guess that would be fine, though I can't say I am a fan of the whole Mohinder-as-The-Fly gimmick.

The reason I wondered if he would have a new power is that they talked about giving specific people specific powers. And, that would make sense if they were planning to give powers to a group of soldiers because giving them random powers could be disastrous (e.g. Ted). But, the same batch of formula apparently gave a completely new (to the show) power to Ando, it gave strength to the soldier, and it returned Peter's powers to him.

Makes me wonder if Mohinder will go all Chitin City again if Ando touches him... I am also wondering if Ando's power might be able to sort of negate the Haitian's?

BTW, I hope they drop this business Daphne was speculating about that people sort of get whatever power they wish for. I mean... enough already. At some point, things slip even past the bounds of pseudo-science and are just magic.

As a final aside, time travel is obscuring the course of events again. Hiro swiped the formula from his father's safe and it eventually came to the future. Yet, somehow Mohinder recreated the formula that Poptrelli infused with catalyst. Do I even want to wonder how all that happened? Not that there aren't a dozen possible ways, but basically we don't know, now...

(And, it would be totally plausible that, despite Hiro tearing up the paper, Mohinder would still know how to recreate that formula, except maybe for the catalyst, which was sort of the magic fairy dust in the mix.)[/spoiler]

thalaw2

Quote from: stumpy on December 18, 2008, 10:23:43 PM
[spoiler]

BTW, I hope they drop this business Daphne was speculating about that people sort of get whatever power they wish for. I mean... enough already. At some point, things slip even past the bounds of pseudo-science and are just magic.

As a final aside, time travel is obscuring the course of events again. Hiro swiped the formula from his father's safe and it eventually came to the future. Yet, somehow Mohinder recreated the formula that Poptrelli infused with catalyst. Do I even want to wonder how all that happened? Not that there aren't a dozen possible ways, but basically we don't know, now...

(And, it would be totally plausible that, despite Hiro tearing up the paper, Mohinder would still know how to recreate that formula, except maybe for the catalyst, which was sort of the magic fairy dust in the mix.)[/spoiler]

[spoiler]I was thinking OMG they made the formula the Monkey's Paw. 
I wonder how Daphne was able to navigate time and space...and how does hitting a table/cabinet reveal Ando's powers?  Did he give the table/cabinet super durability for an instant?  I guess next season it will be explained if his powers affect people or people and objects or people, animals, and objects....

I'm not going to touch the part about Hiro ripping up the formula or why it would be that Claire didn't want to be the catalyst....if Sylar did see that she was or had the catalyst when he looked at her brain then that timeline would be negated...so what did Sylar see now? [/spoiler]

BWPS

Quote from: stumpy on December 18, 2008, 10:23:43 PM
[spoiler]The deadly aspects were still part of the same mutation that gave him the enhanced strength, etc. Maybe the newer formula kept the cosmetic effects to a minimum and left the beneficial effects the same. I guess that would be fine, though I can't say I am a fan of the whole Mohinder-as-The-Fly gimmick.

The reason I wondered if he would have a new power is that they talked about giving specific people specific powers. And, that would make sense if they were planning to give powers to a group of soldiers because giving them random powers could be disastrous (e.g. Ted). But, the same batch of formula apparently gave a completely new (to the show) power to Ando, it gave strength to the soldier, and it returned Peter's powers to him.

Makes me wonder if Mohinder will go all Chitin City again if Ando touches him... I am also wondering if Ando's power might be able to sort of negate the Haitian's?

[spoiler]Hiro didn't tear up the paper, he just tore it in half, Daphne and Ando nonsensed him away before he finished tearing it so it was still perfectly usable as indicated when Sulu held the pieces together.

I hope Hiro never gets back his powers, and I hope Daphne dies. I hate the way they write time travel. I hope the next volume takes place a few months later. They don't write this show very well. Everyone has powers now, and everyone has the same thing holding them back: extreme stupidity. Why did Hiro go back in time with Claire to have both of them meet their parents and break the first rule of time travel? Better ideas: Kill Papa Petrelli when he's a baby, kill him while he's in the hospital, kill him in the present, kill him before he erases your memory. Kill Sylar. Kill Nathan. Or Daphne can go kill them. Or Matt could tell them to kill themselves. Or Matt could tell himself to stop being so lame. Do something useful with your powers, retards. If I'm watching a show every week hoping that the bad guy kills every other character, ur doin it wrong. It's a show about superheroes, so of course I watch it, and I do enjoy it. I just feel like there are a lot of writers out there who I'm sure would be willing to make this show make some kind of sense and they really deserve the chance. It really doesn't need a total reboot, just have everyone do that thing where they ignore stuff that happened.[/spoiler]

thalaw2

[spoiler]Um...Hiro tore some paper to shreds at the closing of the episode[/spoiler]

catwhowalksbyhimself

[spoiler]
When Hiro was in the past, he only tore the formula into two halves, the same two halves it was already in at the beginning of the season.

He didn't rip it to shreds until he was back in the present, when he and Daphne stole it from Mohinder, so the time line is still intact in that way.
[/spoiler]

stumpy

[spoiler]
Quote from: BWPS on December 19, 2008, 01:01:55 AMDo something useful with your powers, retards.

Bwahaha! :lol:   I have had that same thought many times. That, and stop whining about how terrible it is to have an awesome super power.  :rolleyes: [/spoiler]

catwhowalksbyhimself

[spoiler]I can think of three characters who think their powers were totally awesome.  One is dead, one was dropped from the show, and the third was depowered.  :unsure:[/spoiler]

captmorgan72

[spoiler]Wasn't Matt's dad killed by PopaTrelli? He suddenly came back to take on Sylar thanks to HRG.[/spoiler]

Talavar

And...I'm done.  I've had the rest of the Heroes season on my PVR from I think episode 8 on, and I've been meaning to watch them, but I just can't bring myself to actually do it.  Maybe if word on the second half of the season is better I'll come back, but other wise, that's it for you, Heroes.

thanoson

Quote from: captmorgan72 on December 19, 2008, 10:50:59 AM
[spoiler]Wasn't Matt's dad killed by PopaTrelli? He suddenly came back to take on Sylar thanks to HRG.[/spoiler]

That wasn't Matt's dad. That was the creepy puppet guy that trapped Claire and her two moms.

House Quake

Quote from: Stumpy[spoiler]The deadly aspects were still part of the same mutation that gave him the enhanced strength, etc. Maybe the newer formula kept the cosmetic effects to a minimum and left the beneficial effects the same. I guess that would be fine, though I can't say I am a fan of the whole Mohinder-as-The-Fly gimmick.

Daphne may have been more on the money than you think

[spoiler]In each case the formula did exactly what the person wanted most... which isn't always what some one thinks they want. 

- The soldier... he wanted to have the strength to have made a difference... he got it.

- Peter simply needed a re-set to get back his powers... he's straight forward.

- Ando wanted most to be helpful... a person with real value to help others.  He though he needed time traveling ... bit his character always wanted to be helpful.... and that is exactly the power he got. a power which augments the powers of others... the perfect side kick.

- And then there is Mohinder.... he also got exactly what he wanted.  I'm shocked you guys missed this.  Nathan in the limo at the end with 'Worf'... was three weeks passed.  They looked at Mohinder's file 'Activating Evolution'!  He was driven to learn how to give people powers... and now possibly he can.  This was too big of a 'hint' for that to not be the case. 

A note on Daphne

I (we) speculated before that Daphne's powers were not pure 'superspeed'... esp considering that by holding onto someone they zip right along with her.  This little boast of powers from Ando confirms in my head that what she does is a variation of Hiro's powers of manipulation of time and space.... a better known sci-fi term would be as warping.  She creates a warp field around her which in allows her to move from point A to B in fractions of time while covering great distances (space).  Hiro's mastery of time and space is significantly greater... but her powers work on a similar concept

Even though I don't quite get how she would have mastered her enhanced ability so quickly... but in the realm of sci-fi we have all seen manipulation of warp fields used to move back and forward through time (Star Trek).

And yes ... Hiro tore the formula into two pieces in the past and left it there.  Tearing the formula into two pieces in the past was probably the most logical and straight forward of all this chapters myriad of subplots going no where with no point.  He didn't rip it up until the present.[/spoiler]

captmorgan72

Quote from: thanoson on December 19, 2008, 12:45:34 PM
Quote from: captmorgan72 on December 19, 2008, 10:50:59 AM

That wasn't Matt's dad. That was the creepy puppet guy that trapped Claire and her two moms.

I thought that puppet guy WAS Matt's dad, man now I'm really confused.

catwhowalksbyhimself

No, the puppeteer is a new character.  Matt's dad was introduced last season.  Other than both being large guys, they don't even look similar.

Raptor

Matt's dad controlled people mentally (like Matt), the puppeteer guy just controlled people physically (i.e. he could control Claire's mom's body but could never make her love him)

thalaw2

I admit i was also mixed up by Matt's dad and the puppet guy too.   :lol:  I just didn't open my mouth about it.

|