• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Heroes Season 3

Started by Glitch Girl, May 09, 2008, 06:29:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Glitch Girl

Figured since it was finally back in production, there should be a new thread for the eventual rumor mill.

Tidbit of news I spotted this morning...
Speedy new character debuts on new season of NBC's `Heroes'

QuoteMeet Daphne, the speedy new character on NBC's "Heroes," who plans to give the show's superhumans — especially time traveler Hiro and his sidekick, Ando — a run for their money when she debuts on the popular NBC series' upcoming third season, which went back into production last week.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Nice!  A superspeedster, and a foil for Hiro, both of which I approve of.

That's actually a pretty good power to him up against.  Someone who could potentially move faster than he can freeze time.  He he.

BWPS

Quote from: catwhowalksbyhimself on May 09, 2008, 07:12:41 AM
Nice!  A superspeedster, and a foil for Hiro, both of which I approve of.

That's actually a pretty good power to him up against.  Someone who could potentially move faster than he can freeze time.  He he.

Does he stop time or slow it down really really slow? Because it it's the first, they'll have to find some new reason why he won't use his full potential. Either way, I'm so incredibly giddy about Heroes coming back!

catwhowalksbyhimself

Remember, it takes him a bit of time to actually make the decision and active his powers to freeze time.  Even if it's only a fraction of a second, that's all a super speedster might need.

EDIT:  Hmm, apparently, season 3 sees the return of "Save the cheerleader, save the world."

Conduit

Yeah, Hiro has to do that "scrunchy face" thing and concentrate really hard to stop time.  Even for Future Hiro, that took a few seconds.  More than enough time for a super speedster to get him.

Quote from: catwhowalksbyhimself on May 09, 2008, 07:48:25 AM
EDIT:  Hmm, apparently, season 3 sees the return of "Save the cheerleader, save the world."

Really?  Didn't they do this a little in season 2 too?  It's getting a bit tired at this point.

Protomorph

I heard that the new season is dealing more with villains than heroes.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Well, it does have to do with a whole bunch of villains coming on the scene, but that doesn't mean the focus will leave the main heroes.  It just means there will be more adversaries.

JeyNyce

bredon7777

That was spectacularly uninformative, other than that the season premiere would be 3 hours (though I'd bet money they're going to cheat- 1 hour recap special and normal 2 hour premiere)

BWPS

Quote from: bredon7777 on May 12, 2008, 07:27:39 AM
That was spectacularly uninformative, other than that the season premiere would be 3 hours (though I'd bet money they're going to cheat- 1 hour recap special and normal 2 hour premiere)

30 minute recap, 1 hour of new stuff, 1.5 hours of "limited commercial interruption" brought to you by ONE commercial!

catwhowalksbyhimself

According to wikipedia, it is going to be a 1 hour recap followed by two hours of newness.

JeyNyce

What's wrong with a 1-hour recap?  It's been so long I wouldn't mind a recap of some of the stuff that went on last season.  It would have been wrong to have a 2 hour show with a 1 hour recap.

Mr. Hamrick

ok, I want to go on the record with a few predictions (especially after seeing the promo)

[spoiler]

• We know there will over 12 villains this season.  There was a comment mentioning "That's like twelve Sylars" during one of the promotional pieces of footage shown at The Jules Verne Film Festival last year.  I'm betting that at least one if not two of the characters are Heroes gone bad.   
  • Noah Bennett and Nikki Sanders will both be back.  I am betting it will actually be Jessica instead of Nikki in control of things.
  • Each of the following characters will get one arch-nemesis type counterpart:  Hiro (we've seen his), Matt, Claire, Micah and his cousin Monica (the character has already been cast and his name is "Knox").  I got the impression they were trying to build Elle into arch-nemesis for Claire but I suspect that Elle may wind up on the "good side" before all is said and done. 
  • The character Mrs. Petrelli was talking to at the end of last season is either a character who has been presumed dead since the beginning of the series or one we have not seen since season one.
  • There is talk that the "big crisis" this season will come from "outside The Company".  I wager that before all is said and done that certain members of "The Company" will be working with the "good guys".
  • Some characters from the internet web comics will make debuts on the series.
  • Although Nathan will be back for Season 3, he will die by the end of the season for good before the season is over.
[/spoiler]

Outcast

Quote from: Conduit on May 09, 2008, 09:34:23 AM
Yeah, Hiro has to do that "scrunchy face" thing and concentrate really hard to stop time.  Even for Future Hiro, that took a few seconds.  More than enough time for a super speedster to get him.

It's funny you mentioned Hiro's "scrunchy face" thing, it reminded me of this old video i saw http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVV2ft4-2xk.
Anyways, I was under the impression that by the end of season 2, Hiro has somewhat mastered stopping time and teleporting in just a blink of an eye (or in some cases Ando's eye). So i think a speedster would have a hard time being Hiro's rival. Unless of course Hiro is taken by surprise. That's how Adam did it.  Or if Hiro would to charge recklessly with his sword like he did with Peter. :P

catwhowalksbyhimself

Oh he's quicker, but it still takes time.  Besides, even a blink of an eye is plenty of time for a speedster.

Conduit

Yeah, he has gotten quicker at it, especially teleporting.  If I remember right, he usually takes about a second to teleport near the end of season 2, whereas it took him several seconds in early Season 1.  He didn't stop time as often in Season 2, but I believe it took a similar amount of time.  The point still stands, though.  The article describes her covering hundreds of feet in the time it takes Hiro to stop time.

[spoiler]
Quote from: Mr. Hamrick on May 12, 2008, 05:09:00 PM

• There is talk that the "big crisis" this season will come from "outside The Company".  I wager that before all is said and done that certain members of "The Company" will be working with the "good guys".

I remember reading that spoiler a while back.  Judging from when it was released and the way it was worded (something like "we will know about the big disaster that the heroes have to prevent at the beginning of Volume 3 and it will involve something other than the Company this time"), I think it might have been referring to the virus outbreak that was planned to happen in Volume 3 before the writer's strike.
[/spoiler]

Outcast

Quote from: Conduit on May 13, 2008, 01:05:01 PM
Yeah, he has gotten quicker at it, especially teleporting.  If I remember right, he usually takes about a second to teleport near the end of season 2, whereas it took him several seconds in early Season 1.  He didn't stop time as often in Season 2, but I believe it took a similar amount of time.  The point still stands, though.  The article describes her covering hundreds of feet in the time it takes Hiro to stop time.

Then i guess it's just a matter of who gets the jump on who. :P It'd be interesting to see what kind of fight scenes the writers would come up for them in the show. Any ideas? I have this funny idea that whenever Hiro decides to stop time, he'd be suprise to see his rival just an inch away to punching his lights out. :P

Quote from: Mr. Hamrick on May 12, 2008, 05:09:00 PM
[spoiler]

• Although Nathan will be back for Season 3, he will die by the end of the season for good before the season is over.

It would be good to see Nathan back for Season 3. Although i thought they decided to kill him at the end of the season because there was already another flyer in the show. :P

[/spoiler]

Quote from: Protomorph on May 11, 2008, 04:30:48 PM
I heard that the new season is dealing more with villains than heroes.

Sounds great. More villains for sylar to get his hands on. Bwahahaha. :rolleyes:

So when are they going to start Season 3?

The Hitman

*ARISE* (Figured there's no point in making a second thread about this)

Just a reminder, Heroes: Season 3 starts up tonight at 9pm, with an  hour intro at 8pm.

Outcast

I saw some preview scenes.

[spoiler]Sylar was waking up Peter from some lab table or something. Peter was shocked to see him of course and wary of him. But Sylar says he wants to help Peter.

Then there was another scene where Claire (all dressed in black) is holding a gun and is pointing it at Peter.

And there is the scene with Hiro and the new speedster character, where Hiro is sort of asking her about her powers. She eventually punches Hiro's lights out. :P

Edit: Sorry. Didn't check the previews were already on youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJxBw3uc5cU :doh:[/spoiler]

catwhowalksbyhimself

There's also the scene shown on the Tonight Show.

[spoiler]
Bob scolds Ellie for letting Sylar get away, stating that he has killed Claire and stolen her power making him near impossible to stop.
[/spoiler]

Also a bit from an interview with Masai

[spoiler]
He stated that Future Hiro is back, although not from the same future timeline, so not exactly the same Future Hiro.  He calls him Future Hiro 2.0.
[/spoiler]

Panther_Gunn

Quote from: The Hitman on September 22, 2008, 05:01:39 AMJust a reminder, Heroes: Season 3 starts up tonight at 9pm, with an  hour intro at 8pm.

*suddenly remembers he didn't set the VCR to record that first hour*  :o

Was there going to be anything new in that intro, or just a rehash of last season?

MJB

Recorded the intro but didn't watch it. From what I can gather it's a recap with previews of the upcoming season.

-MJB

Podmark

Well watched it. I have mixed feelings. Some stuff I liked, some I didn't.
Still love Hiro and Ando.

Mr. Hamrick

Overall, I liked it.  I fully expect some of you to nit pick it to death but its was not bad and a definite improvement over Season 2.  There were a couple of things that didn't make sense, though. 
[spoiler]
How did present Peter get put inside that level 5 villain's head by future Peter?

Wouldn't Hiro of all people know that the "future Ando" he saw is not the definitive future but rather one that would be if they don't get that formula back?

Claire's birthmom was creepy in that scene.
[/spoiler]

Podmark

Quote from: Mr. Hamrick on September 22, 2008, 10:59:01 PM
Overall, I liked it.  I fully expect some of you to nit pick it to death but its was not bad and a definite improvement over Season 2.  There were a couple of things that didn't make sense, though. 
[spoiler]
How did present Peter get put inside that level 5 villain's head by future Peter?

Wouldn't Hiro of all people know that the "future Ando" he saw is not the definitive future but rather one that would be if they don't get that formula back?

Claire's birthmom was creepy in that scene.
[/spoiler]

There's an obvious answer to your one question:
[spoiler]Future Peter has gained some power between now and then that can place people in other bodies. [/spoiler]

stumpy

OKay, I liked it. There were some silly parts, but it was a strong start to the third season
[spoiler]
I got a kick out of some of the little jokes. The preview line from Elle was classic, "Shrinks diagnosed me as a sociopath with paranoid delusions. But, they were just out to get me because I threatened to kill 'em."  :lol:

I also chuckled even at the product placement line when Parkman was in the desert, "No service here. Should've gone with Sprint."  :rolleyes:

There were a few clarifications and some questions:

1) Sylar does not physically eat the brains. Thank heavens. That line also was hilarious: "Claire, that's disgusting!"

2) So Claire's blood has some sort of one-time healing effect and, as an added bonus, brings the (recently) dead back to life.

3) Is Linderman a ghost, an hallucination, or is he just invisible?

4) Ummm. So it present time Peter brain-swapped with Jessie (Francis Capra) and Peter's body is somewhere else, or did future Peter transform him into the new body and hide the other Jessie, or what? We are sort of missing a body somewhere...

5) Sylar is pretty bright, but he still repeated that "We only use a fraction of our brainpower" nonsense that always makes me cringe.

6) We already knew this from last season's end, but I was kind of hoping Sylar would have to re-acquire his powers. But, it looks like he got them all back with the anti-viral drug. That makes sense for his character, of course, but I sorta like the reboot idea. Oh, well.

7) Umm, so Mrs. Petrelli is (or is claiming to be) Sylar's mom and is releasing him? I can't say that I saw that coming. Or that the release makes any sense to me.  :unsure:

It was a little odd to see Kristen Bell and Francis Capra in the same scene. I miss Veronica Mars.

Are they really ripping off The Fly with Mohinder? I have to say, that whole scene when he is back in his lab, drinking milk (or juice or whatever) out of the carton and climbing up walls and *ahem* showing Maya his etchings was all right out of the movie. Then when he was in front of the mirror and he did the skin peeling trick, I was thinking, "This is definitely a dream. He's going to wake up and see The Fly playing on TBS or something." But, it looks like they are really doing it.

I have the feeling we haven't seen the last of The Greatest American Hero. Maybe he can turn to water and Trikky froze him, but he'll re-congeal in that drain or something. And, I'll admit I would be thrilled if his editor or something were played by Robert Culp.  :P

So, where did they send Molly?

A couple things I could do without:

1) Please, please, please tell me we aren't going to spend the season with Claire whining about her power and how hard it is for her to feel human. "My awesome superpower makes me feel different from other people and I have so little self-esteem that uniqueness frightens me." Sooooo tired already.

2) I think they went a little overboard with all the flowery speeches. No offense, but Mohinder's narration was enough. The "connection between all human beings" schmaltz from Nathan was kinda making me gag.

3) They are setting a real tangled ball of thread on the table with all of the time travel. Not that I am complaining already, but if they do this all season it will be confusing.
[/spoiler]

Anyway, they planted plenty of seeds for things to come in this season opener and, though I was a little worried, the pacing was excellent. It looks like I will be turning on my TV on Mondays again.  :)

Talavar

I enjoyed the opener, but this is still the show where supposedly smart people do the dumbest things imaginable.

[spoiler]

Case 1, Mohinder, King of the Dumb Smart-People: "I know, I'll inject myself with this super-power granting stuff I made in twenty minutes and have barely have had time to examine, much less study in-depth!  That's a great idea!"

Case 2, Future Peter: "I know, I'll swap my past self into the body of a super-powered serial killer locked up in jail!  That makes so much more sense than just locking my past self up somewhere!"

Case 3, Peter & Nathan's Mother: "I know, I'll let an nigh-unkillable serial killer out of jail to go after people with super-powers!  Of course he'll do what he's told!"

If Current Peter was actually swapped into that prisoner's body, it's particularly dumb.  That implies that the prisoner is in his much more powerful body, and also locked up somewhere.  I hope it turns out to be something different, like a semi-permanent illusion & power null put over him.

[/spoiler]

Adamence

Definitely a good couple episodes that I enjoyed a lot, that had me saying "cool" and "neat" from the start interlaced with a whole lot of "huhs?" "whats" and "how does that works."

Definitely got left with a bunch of questions...

[spoiler]What's up with present Peter in Jesse's body?  Is he really brain swapped, or did Future Peter move Jesse somewhere else and is just using his Candace-like power to make it look like Peter is Jesse, because in all the reflections he saw of himself, he was Peter and not Jesse.  And when Elle and Noah were around on level 5, why didn't Peter do a better job of trying to convince them of who he was.  Perhaps something like "Hey Elle, remember when I was locked in that other facility and you were giving me daily doses of pills to keep my powers in check before I escaped and ended up in Ireland." instead of just saying "I'm Peter Petrelli."  Just a small point, but really, I know it's something I'd try.

And did Sylar since Volume 2 end get a nice little travel power?  He seems to be zipping around pretty darn fast.  He was in New York at the end of Volume 2 since that's where Isaac's loft is.  Nathan was shot and while Claire is just finding out about that (which would have been quite quick since it was all over the news,) Sylar is now in California to get the power from Claire.  Then from California, Sylar gets to back to the Company's facility (Hartsdale, NY I believe it was) to kill Bob and get pwned by Elle.  He really seems to be moving around at quite a good clip, considering we haven't seen him at any point get anything like that.

And I'm left with suspicions that future Ando wasn't really Ando.  Maybe it was Future Peter and using his Candace-like power... or maybe it was Ando and he used Mohinder's power giving drug to get that power.

And on a nit-picky side, I know I've complained in the past about them killing off characters too much, which is true, but when they're dead, that's it, they should be done with.  With Claire's blood and "divine intervention" both Noah and Nathan have been saved from death.  It's definitely a tad frustrating when death is completely meaningless in the show.  I mean, if someone dies, they're saved.  And on a similar note, now if someone wants a power, they can have it.  With Mohinder's drug, anyone who wants a power can have one, which I don't really care for.  So death is meaningless, and not having a power is meaningless, because either way, you can switch to the other team with a simple shot.

On a positive note...
Quote from: stumpy on September 23, 2008, 04:10:55 AM
It was a little odd to see Kristen Bell and Francis Capra in the same scene. I miss Veronica Mars.

Gotta say, I loved that part and hope to get to see them together more.  I miss VM too.  *sighs a little*
[/spoiler]

JeyNyce

It was a great opener for the new season and while I was left with a lot of "cool", "what?" and "huhs?" I'm sure that the writers will answers these question with some reasonable sense and not just BS.

Sgt. Friday

Over all, a strong opening.

It does leave one with a lot of questions though
[spoiler]
Like, so, is Mohinder going to turn into a scaly, puss-covered version of the Beast?

Does each of Nikki's different persona's have a different power? For example, is this current one the ability to freeze stuff?

Over all, I must say it's pretty intriguing. The one thing that did bother me was that they seemed to bump up the "adult content" up some from the last couple of seasons. I mean, it was present in the first two, but this opening is way more explicit then anything I remember from before. Not exactly a trend I would like to see continue, but that's just me.[/spoiler]

I'll be excited to follow it as much as I can, though.

|