• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

The Reformed (The flying melee)

Started by C4, June 01, 2008, 01:56:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C4

Yes I know this has taken long already and teasing is not cool. But I am pretty darn glad I managed to do this and wanted to show. As soon as the mod drops I will release all my new attributes to the ffx guys.

So here is a vid:
http://starlockforfreedom.bravepages.com/Reformed/FlyingSystem.wmv

As you can see it can be activated and deactivated. It bothers me when there always are hands on everything.

The idea was that Avian should be able to fly to thugs fast but he can't sprint and it takes long to fly to, land etc. So now he can just low fly to.

Then he can do arial melees without landing. What remains are just an air to ground attack without landing. Playing between scripted area power and scripted damage and KB.

Its mostly done with some rounding off to come. Suggestions/ideas are welcome.

On a side note what are the best/coolest flying melee type animations out there? Is there any flying animations for taking a foe into the air and dropping him or would any animators be willing to work on some stuff for my flying system?

BentonGrey

Wow!  That is beyond awesome!  Looks like I'll have to readdress the flying melee question in my first DCUG update.  Great work C4!  I can't believe that you accomplished actual flying melee.  I've got a question (or twenty) for you, though.  If you have a no cost flying attack, will he continue to perform it?

C4

QuoteWow!  That is beyond awesome!  Looks like I'll have to readdress the flying melee question in my first DCUG update.  Great work C4!  I can't believe that you accomplished actual flying melee.  I've got a question (or twenty) for you, though.  If you have a no cost flying attack, will he continue to perform it?

Yes the uppercut is no cost and the two kicks are low cost. the reason for the extra energy use is the flying sprint before the melee. I guess that can be super defined as we continue. *edit* no he won't use it continously just once until selected again. 

Quote=)

'm really excited to play this c4...

Thanks bro. Sorry for not answering you. I went on a ship cruise that same day - sorry. Will get back to it soon though. I am on vacation YAY!

C4

Benton to add to earlier. I think if you remove the flying sprint before the melee he might continue using it and then I must go and check the trigger power rules again it might be able to do that.

yell0w_lantern

TaskMasterX

That looks pretty cool.
I'm not sure if you've seen this:
http://freedomreborn.net/archive/index.php?topic=41583.0

There's several keyframes that have flying animations that I've been using for my method. Gren's eternal keyframes include flying animations that I can remember off the top of my head.

I think the difference between my method and yours is that in my method you have to edit the animations in nifskope, while yours looks like it's scripted. I'd be very interested in seeing your code.

C4

QuoteThat looks pretty cool.
I'm not sure if you've seen this:
http://freedomreborn.net/archive/index.php?topic=41583.0

There's several keyframes that have flying animations that I've been using for my method. Gren's eternal keyframes include flying animations that I can remember off the top of my head.

I think the difference between my method and yours is that in my method you have to edit the animations in nifskope, while yours looks like it's scripted. I'd be very interested in seeing your code.

Yes I am aware of your method. Its a projectile with keyframe swap to create the illusion of flying melee. This is actual flying melee. So the strength factor, kb, dodge etc are in place. and you can use any of the melee animations no swaps needed. So to be clear this is no illusion/fake, its the real thing, what you see there is the "attack flier" only melee powers but the character don't have to land to use it.

When I am done and happy with the code I will show you.

QuoteWhat's the secret?

Well its a scripted attribute for ffx curretly in my mod. So there is no secret which would allow general public to do this for themselves. You have to script it. As to what made this happen; the arial melee is not triggered directly it goes through other calls.

TaskMasterX

Quote from: C4 on December 18, 2008, 10:25:38 AM
Yes I am aware of your method. Its a projectile with keyframe swap to create the illusion of flying melee. This is actual flying melee. So the strength factor, kb, dodge etc are in place. and you can use any of the melee animations no swaps needed. So to be clear this is no illusion/fake, its the real thing, what you see there is the "attack flier" only melee powers but the character don't have to land to use it.

Well, with my method, because it is a projectile, the ability to dodge exists just like for a melee attack. You can also apply KB, and I've already worked out how to match the damage caused by projectiles to that of melee-which includes the Strength factor. So, to me, it's not fake.
So, your method only works for built-ins? Can your code be configured to work with customs?

C4

QuoteSo, your method only works for built-ins? Can your code be configured to work with customs?

I am not sure. What the player has to do is to create an attack flier only melee power or two, link it with the ffx attribute and give the char the attribute. At this point I have only concentrated on its application within my mod.

Blkcasanova247

You guys just wait...this mods' gonna rock. Trust me. ;)

catwhowalksbyhimself

QuoteI am not sure. What the player has to do is to create an attack flier only melee power or two, link it with the ffx attribute and give the char the attribute. At this point I have only concentrated on its application within my mod.

Sounds easy enough to set up, even for customs, although that's only in theory.

detourne_me

So excited about this mod!   I loved Seeing Val's cars being used in the mod instead of the irrational ones!