• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

What podcasts do you listen to?

Started by lugaru, June 06, 2008, 09:17:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lugaru

This American Life
Radiolab
Real Time with Bill Mahr (dont always agree but still a great show for the guests)
Boston Globe (boston indy music, interviews with reporters and news)
Front Page of the New York Times
NPR (music, movies, kitchen window, international story of the day, headlines)
No Agenda (good mix of news, technology, talk, politics, finance and food reviews)
1Up podcasts (GFW radio is the best, but the rest are cool)
Onion Podcast (a funny fictional headline every day)
Hawk and Dove Political Pundintry Podcast (a fake NPR style talk show)
SDR report (because I dont have the time to check out slash, dig or redit)
Slate podcasts (political gabfest, cultural gabfest and explainer)
Naked Scientists (british science show)
Mondo Movies (british high and low brow cinema show)
ABC news shuffle (horrible sound quality and rarely comes out, but when it does the political interviews are great)
KCW politics of culture (a california public radio show about the intersection between politics and art).
The Metal Cast: once a week eurocentric mix of all styles of metal. "This songs is very brutals, yah!"
11 o'clock comics: Pretty good show with somebody who loves marvel and somebody who hates marvel.
Around Comics: my favorite comic podcast, especially now that it's back once a week and without a format.

Whew... you can tell I spend 9 hours a day in a cubicle with my MP3 player on. When my podcasts finish (usually around 3 pm) I switch to music or a good audio book from Audible.

GhostMachine

I don't listen to podcasts on a regular basis - some I usually end up several episodes behind and eventually catch up, and others I only deal with particular episodes, but what I listen to\watch:

Tiki Bar TV. As I said in the beer thread in general, I don't drink so the cocktail recipes are of no use to me but the way the show is done is pretty entertaining - plus the actress who plays Lala is HOT!

Around Comics

The Golden Age of Comic Books

Anime World Order

Chikara Podcast-A-Go-Go (usually watch on Youtube)

Used to listen to Batman Ace of Detectives and J-Pop Blast, which I believe are both done (I know for sure J-Pop Blast is), and if anyone knows of a good J-Pop podcast (that plays full songs, not just clips) I'd appreciate it if someone could point me in the direction.

zuludelta

Quote from: GhostMachine on June 06, 2008, 02:44:39 PM
Used to listen to Batman Ace of Detectives and J-Pop Blast, which I believe are both done (I know for sure J-Pop Blast is), and if anyone knows of a good J-Pop podcast (that plays full songs, not just clips) I'd appreciate it if someone could point me in the direction.

Not strictly a podcast, but there are several J-Pop stations on Live365.

UnkoMan

Podcasts? None. Oh wait, that's a lie... I actually listen to that Wormwood radio program. But I do so on the internet. Still, it's pretty darn great (if you haven't heard of it and like serialized supernatural mystery shows).

Previsionary

since im not at my pc/desktop, I'll write the ones I listen to from memory. I'm not a big fan of sitting about listening to pod/videocasts, but I will look at them from time to time since mine download automatically.

X-play- One of my favorite shows that I barely have time to watch. Really keeps me in the loop in the gaming industry since I barely keep up anymore.

Around the net/Attack of the show- while it's no secret that this show is really...really...really pathetic now, it still has some good interviews and skits. The incredible Hulk interview gives me faith in the movie so I might actually watch it next week.

Tim and Eric- Since the show ended and I've since erased it from my subscription, I don't listen to it often, but it was good for what it was.

NPR and other assorted music shows

Best Week Ever: The podcast - Self explanatory.

That's about it unless I see something interesting while surfing.

zuludelta

The only sports-related podcast I listen to is ESPN's Heavy Hitter podcast, hosted by Irish boxing journalist Kieran Mulvaney. Great fight analysis, reminds me of the radio boxing coverage I used to listen to when I was a kid.

The Hitman

My list is here:

http://freedomreborn.net/archive/index.php?topic=48633.0

There might be one more that should be added to everyone's list... sometime in January...

Uncle Yuan

I don't have a ton of time to listen to podcasts, but I subscribe to and listen to
Sound Opinions
Splendid Table
Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me!
E-town

There a nice background when I'm out walking the dog.  Maybe I should check out few others . . .

Mr. Hamrick

Pendant Audio puts out a lot of great podcasts.  It's a lot of good radio drama style podcasts with Superman, Batman, Catwoman, Wonder Woman, Indiana Jones, and a lot more as well as original content.

http://www.pendantaudio.com/ is the link.

I would love to see an FR podcast.  Especially one that functioned like a radio drama.  You think anyone else in the community would be willing to do it?

Uncle Yuan

Quote from: Mr. Hamrick on December 16, 2008, 09:52:15 PM
Pendant Audio puts out a lot of great podcasts.  It's a lot of good radio drama style podcasts with Superman, Batman, Catwoman, Wonder Woman, Indiana Jones, and a lot more as well as original content.

http://www.pendantaudio.com/ is the link.

I would love to see an FR podcast.  Especially one that functioned like a radio drama.  You think anyone else in the community would be willing to do it?

Hey thanks for this, Hammy!  I down loaded all the Superman and have been enjoying them very much.  The voice talent is hit-or-miss, but the writing is top notch!

Mr. Hamrick

yeah i agree the voice acting is either hit or miss on the Superman one.  The Batman and Catwoman ones are a little better.   I've only begun to listen to the Wonder Woman and Supergirl ones recently.  There are two crossovers with the other podcast series (minus the Catwoman one which just started).

I'm really pondering the idea of an FR podcast.  What would we do?  How would we do it?  Would it be a fictional thing ala a "radio drama" or more along the lines of FR members reviewing comics and movies and games? 

I'm really digging the idea of an FR "radio drama".  And I can cast the talent for it!

Midnight

I listen to Indiefeed intermittently and I watch TWiTLive fairly often.