• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

VPMAX v1.4 at Last! YAY!

Started by crimsonquill, June 26, 2008, 12:16:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crimsonquill

After a Loooooooooooong delay.. I can finally say... VPMAXv1.4 IS FINALLY RELEASED! *snoopy dance*

It features 21 new voices (not counting the generic versions of some characters) which include the DC packs available from Sledgehammer before we both were swamped by life. And it's fully functional for FFX 3.2!

Updated: Black Panther, Male Royalty (Generic Black Panther), Blade, Captain America, Colossus MUA, Male Russian Armored (Generic Colossus MUA), Daredevil, Male Stealthy (Generic Daredevil), Deadpool MUA, Male Crazy (Generic Deadpool MUA), Doctor Strange, Male Sorcerer* (Generic Doctor Strange), Elektra, Female Assassin (Generic Elektra), Ghost Rider, Male Spooky (Generic Ghost Rider), Human Torch, Male Firey Hero* (Generic Human Torch), Iceman MUA, Male Teenager (Generic Iceman MUA), Invisible Woman, Female Hero (Generic Invisible Woman), Luke Cage, Male Bodyguard (Generic Luke Cage), Nick Fury, Spider-Man, Male Rookie Hero (Generic Spider-Man), Spider-Woman, Aquaman, Male Atlantian (Generic Aquaman), Batman, Male Intimidating* (Generic Batman), Huntress, Female Muscle (Generic Huntress), Superman, Male Caped Hero (Generic Superman), Wonder Woman, Female Amazon (Generic Wonder Woman).

You can download the newest update for VPMAX here:

http://freedomforceforever.com/cqprod/vpmax/VPMAXv14.rar

- CrimsonQuill

AfghanAnt

Great. I've always wanted to try these out and I just might now.

herodad1

does this stand alone.we dont have to have something else loaded first?

crimsonquill

Quote from: herodad1 on June 26, 2008, 02:41:48 PM
does this stand alone.we dont have to have something else loaded first?

Here is the link to my VPMAX thread.. http://freedomreborn.net/archive/index.php?topic=40908.msg571514#msg571514.

It's pretty easy.. just install each update from v1, v11, v12, 13, & finally v14 using the instructions in my readme.txt file included. I know it's a pain to download so many parts but it would be a pretty large file otherwise. I do have plans to make a self-installer in the future but that will probably not happen until I finish all of the MUA voices and hopefully Sledgehammer gets me the rest of XML1/XML2.

- CrimsonQuill

Carravaggio

Quote from: crimsonquill on June 26, 2008, 02:51:50 PM
I know it's a pain to download so many parts...
- CrimsonQuill

Totally worth it.
Voices are the most under appreciated and underused, but atmospheric addition to the game. As far as I am concerned they are completely necessary, and while the majority of the board might not make it over this side of the forum that often, those of us that do really appreciate the work of our resident voicesmiths.
Can't wait to try this all out :D

steamteck

I love your voices I finally have enough variety to have good voices for all my hero files. Thanks! thanks! thanks!

djfredski

Destroyer1717

there's some voice files for Hawkeye in your mod (or at least I think it's from this pack).  did you set it up, and how would I access it?
also, if i wanted to merge the ffx 3.3 files with vpmax 1.4, how would i do that? meaning in what order, and are there any other specific directions.  the object.dat hasn't changed from 3.2 as far as i can tell. i tried merging from your .dat to mine, but some of the voices (the new ones in 1.4) don't work.

cmdrkoenig67

Go CQ!  That's great!  I look forward to giving these a try.

Dana

crimsonquill

Quote from: Destroyer1717 on November 06, 2008, 04:17:17 PM
there's some voice files for Hawkeye in your mod (or at least I think it's from this pack).  did you set it up, and how would I access it?
also, if i wanted to merge the ffx 3.3 files with vpmax 1.4, how would i do that? meaning in what order, and are there any other specific directions.  the object.dat hasn't changed from 3.2 as far as i can tell. i tried merging from your .dat to mine, but some of the voices (the new ones in 1.4) don't work.

The Hawkeye voice isn't mine (probably old coding from merging a mod earlier that I forgot to clean up).. he is coming in the next update along with Ronin (Echo), Captain Marvel, and Black Widow as they are extra characters from the PSP version of Ultimate Alliance that I just got the samples from. I'm trying to do as many voices from Destroy All Humans 1 & 2 as I can before the holidays to get a reasonably sized update released.

The best way to handle installation of VPMAX is overwriting your Dats with mine unless you have a custom mod outside of FFX running.. merging .dats often causes problems because there might be broken directory references which ends up with voices not working. It's one of the reasons why I want to make a self installing version of VMPAX that will make everything easy to install until my next update.

- CQ

DoctorRuina