• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Comparing the old to new

Started by laughing paradox, July 02, 2008, 01:54:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

laughing paradox

Thanks, guys!

Do you guys ever have 'milestone' skins? When I completed this skin, I just knew it was a level beyond the things I've done before (but still have so much more to go). ;)

Courtnall6

Quote from: laughing paradox on December 09, 2008, 10:37:25 AM
Thanks, guys!

Do you guys ever have 'milestone' skins? When I completed this skin, I just knew it was a level beyond the things I've done before (but still have so much more to go). ;)

Milestone skins...hmmmm. That's a really good question LP. Worthy of it's own topic...unless you like a wave of other skinners work posted in your own thread! :P

laughing paradox

Quote from: Courtnall6 on December 09, 2008, 03:34:26 PM
Quote from: laughing paradox on December 09, 2008, 10:37:25 AM
Thanks, guys!

Milestone skins...hmmmm. That's a really good question LP. Worthy of it's own topic...unless you like a wave of other skinners work posted in your own thread! :P

Ha, duly noted! I'll start one up now.

Jakew

great looking Mantis  :thumbup:

laughing paradox

I started this thread to show a new guy to skinning (and Photoshop) go through the process of learning how to skin. I also hoped to inspire others to join me in my journey and trade tips and ideas with each other, so it wouldn't be as difficult or daunting as it originally seemed to be. With that said, I had me a hankerin' to redo some of my earlier skins, to test the progress, like this:

Bushmaster

Some other updates:

[spoiler]Darkstar

Judomaster

Rattler

[/spoiler]

blobula

You have improved a lot! :thumbup:

Well done and keep up the good work!

murs47

Excellent! You're showing a lot improvement. Keep it up :thumbup:

laughing paradox

Thanks guys.  :)

I was messing around with some original characters lately and I thought I'd share just a few.

[spoiler]

Paradox - not my avatar, but the main hero of my originals

The Face - I created her (as a villain) to be an antithesis of most "Major Super Villains".. 1. she's female and 2. she's black. The Face is a temporary name.. I pictured her as a former model.

Ghost - My cocky "young hero grown into an adult" kind of character.. well adjusted even if he can speak to the dead and.. stuff.
[/spoiler]

Outcast

Nice to see what your original characters actually look like. It would be interesting to know more about their background stories and powers. How are they connected? :)

I'm sure you've got lots more original characters to show and this is just the tip of the iceberg.  :cool:

laughing paradox

Thanks, Outcast. Yeah, I was just showing to show.. not really going to host them or anything, but I had this elaborate comic book universe in my head since I was 8.. it's crazy the things I can remember from back then. :)

I had this old Johnny Patches skope that I had started skinning.. then forgot completely about it. Well, I found it on my comp and decided to finish it up.

This will be hosted later this week.

billdamn22

Well you just took him off my skins to do list. Nice one!

Podmark

Xenolith

Jakew

There have been quite a few requests for a Porcupine like that. And I've got to say that it looks great.

I really like how you and JP are creating these characters that a) no-one has done before and b) have designs that look so distinctive in the game  :thumbup:

re: your originals ... what's The Face's story/powers, etc?

blobula

Porcupine looks really good! Very Colorful.

I love all your obscure villains. :thumbup:

djfredski

miguelyanke

laughing paradox

Thanks folks, and JP for being so patient. Heh.

I need to figure out how to do FX's now, so I can get a bunch of quills to shoot out.

|