• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Leaked Wolverine Trailer

Started by GogglesPizanno, July 28, 2008, 09:10:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GogglesPizanno

Leaked Comicon Wolverine Trailer:
http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer/xmen-origins-wolverine/leaked-comic-con-footage

I was apprehensive, and I realize that you can make anything look good in a trailer (especially a crappy camcorder one).... but I'm pretty stoked now. It looks like it could be way more entertaining than I was expecting.

JeyNyce

I have my doubts, but so far the trailer looks good.

lgmss

I wonder if they will make Wolverine American? While it won't be that big of a deal I like my superhero movies to be true to the characters.

Podmark

I'm looking forward to this movie. But from the trailer doesn't look like they've done much to Ryan Reynolds to make him look like Deadpool.

BWPS

Quote from: Podmark on July 28, 2008, 10:18:11 AM
I'm looking forward to this movie. But from the trailer doesn't look like they've done much to Ryan Reynolds to make him look like Deadpool.

I must have missed this, I didn't see him in the trailer at all.

Panther_Gunn

I curious to know who the other characters were supposed to be.  Was that supposed to be Sabretooth in the cell with him?  And all I could pick up from that other group was maybe Blob, and Deadpool....sort of.

Quote from: Podmark on July 28, 2008, 10:18:11 AM

He was in red.  And had swords.  What, you mean that isn't enough?   :lol:

GogglesPizanno

There was obviously Gambit with the playing cards...

Panther_Gunn

Quote from: GogglesPizanno on July 28, 2008, 12:26:19 PM
There was obviously Gambit with the playing cards...

I didn't see any cards (even on a close re-watch).  I saw a guy in a tie twirling what looked to be a gun....that's about as close as I saw.

ow_tiobe_sb

Quote from: Panther_Gunn on July 28, 2008, 12:57:40 PM
I didn't see any cards (even on a close re-watch).  I saw a guy in a tie twirling what looked to be a gun....that's about as close as I saw.

They were there, P_G, along with Doc Manhattan's manhood...

ow_tiobe_sb
Phantom Bunburyist and Fop o' th' Morning

Panther_Gunn

Quote from: ow_tiobe_sb on July 28, 2008, 01:03:26 PM

ow_tiobe_sb

ewwwww  :blink:  no wonder he throws those things away so fast!   :lol:

ow_tiobe_sb

Quote from: Panther_Gunn on July 28, 2008, 01:05:44 PM

ow_tiobe_sb

No wonder they explode! ;)

ow_tiobe_sb

Panther_Gunn

Quote from: ow_tiobe_sb on July 28, 2008, 01:08:08 PM
Quote from: Panther_Gunn on July 28, 2008, 01:05:44 PM

ow_tiobe_sb

No wonder they explode! ;)

ow_tiobe_sb

Cosmic Powered syphilis  :blink:.......the only thing other than Reed Richards that scares Galactus!  :P

Figure Fan

LMFAO @ you two!

Anyway, yeah..

Ick. Full of ick. And uckk. Maybe even an eek.

Dr.Volt

Bummer...looks like it has been removed... :(  Maybe it'll be on You Tube.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Yes the cards were there, and he had his trademark trench coast and staff.  I couldn't see this link, though, and I had to look up another on youtube.  The audience reacted very strongly to his appearance.

Podmark

I didn't realize there was a part 2 to the trailer. Gambit looked pretty cool. 
I'm very happy they decided to include characters like Gambit and Deadpool in it. Makes it more interesting to me.

RTTingle

Here ya' go...

...stumbled upon a copy that hasn't been yanked... yet.  You can find part 1 here.  Part 2 here.

Looks like a huge mish-mash to me.  An enjoyable mish-mash though.

RTT

BentonGrey

It looks pretty cool.........but I had better see something that better resembles costumes than a red t-shirt for Deadpool!  Gambit being in has me more excited than I would be otherwise.

the_ultimate_evil

TheMarvell

I'd say it looks good enough. But nowhere near the quality of the X-Men movies. This looks like a quality spin-off movie and good popcorn flick, but I also can't shake the feeling that it will probably also be fairly forgettable in the scheme of things. I don't know, I just get that vibe...

Ares_God_of_War

I think thats because Liev Schrieber is in it. Why didnt they bring back Tyler Mane? My only assumption is maybe too much of a speaking role.

BWPS

Looks awesome to me, I'm really liking Gambit. They didn't change his name so I can assume he's still Cajun, at least kind of.

Ryan Reynolds is a good choice for deadpool. I don't guess they'll need to put him in his costume but I hope they show his face mess up!

cripp12

I didn't hear anyone say mystique was in it.  ;)

billdamn22

Ryan Reynolds in a red shirt does not make him Deadpool to me. I am very disappointed with that. Gambit looks well done, though. My question is where is Alpha Flight? Isn't this supposed to be a Wolverine origin movie? Gimme freakin' Alpha Flight..... :angry:

GogglesPizanno

QuoteBut nowhere near the quality of the X-Men movies.

This camcorder footage was better than X-Men 3....

Ajax

Quote from: billdamn22 on August 01, 2008, 08:12:24 AM
Ryan Reynolds in a red shirt does not make him Deadpool to me. I am very disappointed with that.

I may be wrong given the way trailers are made these days, but the context makes me think it's Deadpool pre-healing factor. So I hold out hope they will do it correctly.

MJB

Meh, I gotta agree with Googles. This trailer looks better than X3 and I actually liked X3 a bit. *ducks*

-MJB

TheMarvell

Quote from: MJB on August 01, 2008, 10:57:24 PM
Meh, I gotta agree with Googles. This trailer looks better than X3 and I actually liked X3 a bit. *ducks*

-MJB

You're not alone. I actually enjoyed X3, although not as much as the first two. I think that movie gets WAY too much flack, and it's really not a bad movie.

Talavar

Quote from: TheMarvell on August 02, 2008, 12:34:44 AM
Quote from: MJB on August 01, 2008, 10:57:24 PM

-MJB

You're not alone. I actually enjoyed X3, although not as much as the first two. I think that movie gets WAY too much flack, and it's really not a bad movie.

No, it's a pretty bad movie.  It's not the worse movie ever, or anything crazy like that, but it ain't good.

Podmark

I enjoyed X3...until the huge plotholes were pointed out to me. Didn't really think about them when I first watched it, and my expectations had been very low.