• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Leaked Wolverine Trailer

Started by GogglesPizanno, July 28, 2008, 09:10:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheMarvell

Quote from: Talavar on August 02, 2008, 07:43:58 PM
Quote from: TheMarvell on August 02, 2008, 12:34:44 AM
Quote from: MJB on August 01, 2008, 10:57:24 PM
Meh, I gotta agree with Googles. This trailer looks better than X3 and I actually liked X3 a bit. *ducks*

-MJB

You're not alone. I actually enjoyed X3, although not as much as the first two. I think that movie gets WAY too much flack, and it's really not a bad movie.

No, it's a pretty bad movie.  It's not the worse movie ever, or anything crazy like that, but it ain't good.

I respectfully disagree. Like I said, the movie gets way more flak than it deserves. It's not great, but it's far from bad.

Previsionary

Quote from: TheMarvell on August 03, 2008, 10:20:33 AM
Quote from: Talavar on August 02, 2008, 07:43:58 PM
Quote from: TheMarvell on August 02, 2008, 12:34:44 AM
Quote from: MJB on August 01, 2008, 10:57:24 PM
Meh, I gotta agree with Googles. This trailer looks better than X3 and I actually liked X3 a bit. *ducks*

-MJB

You're not alone. I actually enjoyed X3, although not as much as the first two. I think that movie gets WAY too much flack, and it's really not a bad movie.

No, it's a pretty bad movie.  It's not the worse movie ever, or anything crazy like that, but it ain't good.

I respectfully disagree. Like I said, the movie gets way more flak than it deserves. It's not great, but it's far from bad.

I agree with you, sir marvell. It's an average action movie. If it weren't under the X-men moniker and didn't follow X-2, it probably wouldnt get flak over and over and over and over "years" after its release and fade into obscurity. :P Alas, these things must be expected with a good deal of brett ratner's movies. The same flak better appear when ratner directs "god of war" and "rush hour IV" or I will be disappointed in society!

assuming the movies are bad

TheMarvell

he deserves the flak for Rush Hour 3. That movie stunk, and this is coming from someone who liked the first two.

style

Catch it while you still can! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

http://www.flylyf.com/x-men-origins-wolvering/

djfredski

it's seen like it going to be a good movie. :thumbup: :thumbup: :D

MJB

We already had a subject on this so I merged it for you, Style. :thumbup:

-MJB

thalaw2

May!!!!  Seems too long away.  Was that Deadpool in one of those trailers?

thanoson

Yes. Ryan Reynolds is Deadpool.

MJB

Which could turn out to be brilliant casting or...

-MJB

style

Quote from: MJB on October 22, 2008, 08:09:06 PM
We already had a subject on this so I merged it for you, Style. :thumbup:

-MJB

Thanks M Im so behind on things! :(

TheMarvell

cmdrkoenig67

Quote from: billdamn22 on August 01, 2008, 08:12:24 AM
Ryan Reynolds in a red shirt does not make him Deadpool to me. I am very disappointed with that. Gambit looks well done, though. My question is where is Alpha Flight? Isn't this supposed to be a Wolverine origin movie? Gimme freakin' Alpha Flight..... :angry:

[spoiler]Bill, 

One of the Wolverine film's filming locations has been named the "Hudson" farm, so this film may have some Alpha Flight ties in it (if no Alpha itself)...Perhaps in the form of cameos of Mac and Heather Hudson?  At least it would be something for Alpha Flight fans (I count myself as one too).[/spoiler]

AncientSpirit

Saw the trailer at The Day the Earth Stood Still.

No one has mentioned this yet, but was that The Blob in the boxing ring?   Sure looked like it to me.

I think this movie is going to rock.

MJB

Pretty sure the Blob is supposed to be in the movie.

-MJB

cmdrkoenig67

Yes...I've read that it's the Blob.  That pic of movie Gambit is a bit disappointing...He looks nothing like the comic character.

Dana

BWPS

GogglesPizanno

I think it looks like it has potential to be entertaining (Even gambit in action looks a lot better than the stills would lead you to believe)

That said... there is an undercurrent of X3 vibe going on that I find disconcerting.
And is it a rule that any Marvel "X" movie has to include like EVERY mutant who has ever been in the comics?

thanoson

Geeze, I feel myself turning into a fanboy.

Zippo

Deadpool is still looking... terrible... I'm hoping so much that that's him pre-weapon X, and maybe he gets maimed by wolvie or something, which results in his experimentation and insanity. It's probably far too much to ask for for a secondary character though.

I don't mind them throwing in tons of cameo mutants. In fact I enjoy it, so long as they don't butcher them, which there seems to be a trend of. 

crimsonquill

Quote from: Zippo on December 15, 2008, 02:41:00 PM
Deadpool is still looking... terrible... I'm hoping so much that that's him pre-weapon X, and maybe he gets maimed by wolvie or something, which results in his experimentation and insanity. It's probably far too much to ask for for a secondary character though.

Ryan Reynolds has stated in one interview that he did numberous costume fittings that included many red and black outfits especially a full masked ninja-suit and various make-up fittings for face and arm appliances. Plus he did hint that Deadpool fans will not be disappointed by his portrayal of our "favorite insane joke machine".

[spoiler]My guess is that the movie starts off after his initial background story with bone-claw Wolverine waking up among all of the Weapon X recuits that Stryker has assembled and then over the course of time there he watches as Wade (Deadpool) and Barnell (Beak) change as they are experimented upon. Then during the break-out portion of the movie after Logan cuts open the cages (seen in the trailer) once he gets his admantium injected we will probably see Deadpool go to a weapons locker and find his masked agent uniform with all of his trademark weapons (i.e. Deadpool: "All this for me?!?! Wow.. they really shouldn't have... looks like it's time for the big bloody revenge sequence. My favorite part of any action movie.")[/spoiler]

- CQ

BentonGrey

Figure Fan

Did anyone notice the little girl with the white hair at 1:52? She looks like she might be Kenyan..

Interesting. This doesn't look all that bad, actually. I just hope they can tell a good story, because a full-on action film with Wolverine isn't that unique, especially after it's been done three times in a row.

Podmark

I think this looks great. One big fear was Deadpool and crimsonquill has allayed that considerably.

Figure Fan

I don't even like Gambit in the comics, but this actor looks great for the part. I don't see why a lot of the people on the various news sites are commenting and freaking out. The staff scenes were pretty awesome, too. Has he ever charged up his staff like that in the comics? Seems like a good idea, actually.

My word, I'm actually liking this movie from what I've seen? I'm scared..:huh:

TheMarvell

pretty cool trailer, but Sabertooth has yet to convince me as an intimidating villain. I didn't think he was very good in X-Men 1 with Tyler Mane in the role. He looked decent, but his acting was really subpar (as is expected from most wrestlers). And this new guy in the role is probably a better actor (not hard to do) but doesn't look at all like Sabretooth. It looks like they just slapped some teeth on him and thought that was enough. Oh well, wait and see I suppose. It looks interesting enough to go see, anyways.

BentonGrey

Well, I actually had a moment to watch the trailer, and I think it looks somewhat decent.  Despite some comments about costumes, I think it is rather telling that we don't see anything even remotely costume-ish in the trailer.  We didn't get to see much of Gambit in the trailer (one of my favorite characters, thanks to the old 'toon), but I suppose what we saw looked decent.  TheMarvell, I was actually thinking just after watching the trailer that I was really disappointed with the look of Sabertooth.  He doesn't LOOK much like the character (the least they could have done was cast a guy who was somewhat blond and added some 'fur' to him) but the biggest problem for me is that he just isn't very big.  Sabertooth from X-Men may not have been much more than a brute, but he was an intimidating brute who played well against Wolverine.  These observations aren't necessarily big deals, but I have to say that there are a lot of little details that it seems they are neglecting.

thanoson

See, I think because this is an Orgins story, this takes place before Creed mutates into the hulking Sabertooth. Remember, the original Sabertooth that was Iron Fist and Powerman's enemy was not big either. He wore normal shoes and most of his look was just costume.

murs47

Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool should be a slam dunk. My gut tells me they'll CGI in his cancerous look, it just wasn't ready for the trailer me thinks. 

GogglesPizanno

Quote from: TheMarvell on December 15, 2008, 10:40:50 PM
pretty cool trailer, but Sabertooth has yet to convince me as an intimidating villain. I didn't think he was very good in X-Men 1 with Tyler Mane in the role. He looked decent, but his acting was really subpar (as is expected from most wrestlers). And this new guy in the role is probably a better actor (not hard to do) but doesn't look at all like Sabretooth.

I think Liev Schrieber (the actor playing sabertooth) looks fantastic. I was never convinced that the classic Sabertooth look could be pulled off that well in film (much like wolverines costume). As an actor he's got a weird style, but I usually find him to be pretty cool.

His small role as a young John Clark in The Sum of All Fears was really good, and he did a fantastic Orson Wells in RKO 281.
I'm going to ignore the Scream Movies....

|