• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Leaked Wolverine Trailer

Started by GogglesPizanno, July 28, 2008, 09:10:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GogglesPizanno

Quote from: Previsionary on December 18, 2008, 07:18:42 AM
But seriously, what makes you think that just because he's a rapper/producer/hip-hop artist that he's automatically going to rap as well? When you see Will Smith in a movie do you go, "no way! A friggin' old school rapper in a movie about a homeless person? What, is he gonna rap for money?!"

Uh looking back at the quote from the article, we assume hes going to rap because he said he did....

Previsionary

Quote from: GogglesPizanno on December 18, 2008, 09:11:28 AM
Quote from: Previsionary on December 18, 2008, 07:18:42 AM
But seriously, what makes you think that just because he's a rapper/producer/hip-hop artist that he's automatically going to rap as well? When you see Will Smith in a movie do you go, "no way! A friggin' old school rapper in a movie about a homeless person? What, is he gonna rap for money?!"

Uh looking back at the quote from the article, we assume hes going to rap because he said he did....

*gasp* Well, in my defense, that post didn't show up in the recent posts at all when I checked or the actual thread. Probably an internet issue. ^^. Obviously this "rhyming" scene will be as awesome as a Shirley and the Shirlettes concert.
-----

ETA:

and as Cat posted below, there's no info on this rap scene at all from any of the sites I checked. In fact, the only ones I can find are from months ago that speak about his fight scene and his character being a "black texan, but not a cowboy".

catwhowalksbyhimself

I would also doubt that the article quoted actually exists anyways, unless real link (and not a rick roll, Shame on you, BWPS) can be provided.

GogglesPizanno

It Doesn't change the fact that Shirley and Shirlettes would rock the house....  :cool:

The Hitman

Saw a trailer for this last night, before the trainwreck that is "The Day The Earth Stood Still" (My goodness, it was awful. So awful I may start a thread about it). Looked pretty good. I hope Deadpool gets some semblance of a costume during the course of the film. I recognized most of the folks in it. I may have been mistaken, but is White Queen in this? And who was the fat guy? I didn't think Blob was part of Weapon X.

crimsonquill

Quote from: The Hitman on December 18, 2008, 10:33:24 AM
I recognized most of the folks in it. I may have been mistaken, but is White Queen in this? And who was the fat guy? I didn't think Blob was part of Weapon X.

Emma Frost and Fred Dukes are just mutants among those imprisoned by Weapon X and being experimented upon to study mutants and "improve" their powers for the program as agents. Emma gets her "diamond form" in the movieverse by her modifications and I'm assuming that Deadpool will get disfigured by his body's reaction to Wolverine's healing factor when they try to duplicate it within him to cure his cancer (which I assume is his reason for joining Weapon X). The only disappointment I've found in the character modifications is Barnell Bohusk (aka Beak) being normal looking and having electrical powers (maybe they are just jumping over his bird mutaton and going for his current "Blackwing" look in New Warriors - so if another character makes a comment that he was ugly or a "bird boy" in his old pre-Weapon X state then I'll be happy that they at least acknowledged his first comic look).

Will.i.am (the rapper everyone is worrying about) is playing the character John Wraith in this movie... who is mostly known as a paranoid teleporter with lots of firearms and a die-hard for wearing ten-gallon cowboy hats, sunglasses, and a comfy suit (usually cowboy looking with boots).

- CQ

TheMarvell

how the hell is what I said insulting? Anyways, when I read that clip, I immediately got the terrible image that is the jazz scene in Spider-Man 3 and the bachelor party in Fantastic Four 2. If he does have a rap scene, I hope it's only in passing and not the focal point of the scene. If I see Wolverine dancing alongside a rap number, I think I'll throw up a little.  :unsure:

BWPS

Quote from: catwhowalksbyhimself on December 18, 2008, 09:42:37 AM
I would also doubt that the article quoted actually exists anyways, unless real link (and not a rick roll, Shame on you, BWPS) can be provided.

You loved it.

Previsionary

Quote from: TheMarvell on December 18, 2008, 10:47:08 PM
how the hell is what I said insulting? Anyways, when I read that clip, I immediately got the terrible image that is the jazz scene in Spider-Man 3 and the bachelor party in Fantastic Four 2. If he does have a rap scene, I hope it's only in passing and not the focal point of the scene. If I see Wolverine dancing alongside a rap number, I think I'll throw up a little.  :unsure:

Did you not read my message? BWPS's little joke wasn't showing up for me at all, so my initial thought was that you saw Will.I.Am and automatically went "RAP SCENE". As it turns out, BWPS was being an evil trickster again...we can all blame him now. *blames BWPS...and Shirley*

TheMarvell

joke or not...it now has me paranoid, ever since that travesty that was the Anchorman-inspired scene in Spider-Man 3... <shudder>. Thanks a lot guys.  :lol:

|