• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

FFX & Original Hero Help

Started by UnkoMan, August 11, 2008, 02:32:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UnkoMan

Okay, so I am making a hero file for this fella of mine, except... shock! Horror! I can't remember how to customize FFX so well anymore.

Here's some examples of what I mean:

I was going to give him biohazard, but instead of radiation it would be a very weak blinding power. So, do I have to edit this power in game for it to be available? The "explosion" is the power, too, right? Also, I don't know what effects are what. I there anything that would just look like a little bit of mist?

Also, I have enhanced senses. For some reason, though, the command to activate this didn't even show up when I tried it. I also want to make sure that it makes the stage lit a darkish reddish purple colour, and that the villains emminante some fog from their bodies. I guess I could use whatever FX I use for the blind?

I'm not sure about the constant blind, though. Maybe it should just be an area power. This, of course, is more about personal taste. I noticed that, with this character, there isn't much in the way of offensive powers. He mostly punches and kicks people. Why don't I give a little run down of what the fella can do.

He's highly gymnastic, first and foremost. Coupled with the ability to cling to any surface, and somewhat heightened speed and reflexes, his method of fighting would be quick dodges in and out. Obviously not suited to this paticular game. He is a decent fighter, however, and can hold his own. He also has the ability to sense evil, but it's rather vauge. Usually he just gets an uneasy feeling around people or places. I represented this with enhanced senses. Now the blind thing? It often tends to get foggy when he is around, paticularly if he needs to hide in the shadows. This isn't a concious power that he uses, it's just something that happens. That's why I was going to do it as a constant thing. He is a dead body already, so he can't be killed, however he does have limitations. He will heal any wound over time, however. I gave him lesser regeneration. He also has the ability to travel into the Dead World unharmed, and back out. That isn't to say he can jump back and forth at any time. It's a big deal to get there, and he has to a combination of mystical ceremony and psychedelic drugs to get there. So it's not really viable.

Man, was that way too long? Sorry. I just... I don't really know how to make him that exciting in FF, at least power wise. I wanted to give him maybe a judo toss, but what would I swap that with? Stun? Then I couldn't put any stun on anything else. Anything else, I think, isn't physical so may be weird. Also, I'd have to find a male_basic compatable set of keyframes with Ren's awesome throwing animation.

Sooo... I dunno. Do people have advice for this hero file? Do people have tips for using FFX? Etc...

Thanks, folks.

Jakew

So ... is he some kind of Brother Voodoo type of dude? Can you give any more info about the actual character?

UnkoMan

I sort of wanted to keep it secret, but I guess it's obvious if anybody knows what I've been drawing and skinning lately.

He's The Corpse. He fights crime. Sort of Spider-Man-Esquely, now that I think of it. Except people mostly really like him. He's a minor celebrity. Think how JLU Flash is adored in his home town, but elsewhere people treat him sort of like a joke.

But definately a hands on fighting type. Battles a lot of super natural foes, and deformed psychos, as well as mobsters.

laughing paradox

You can change the color of Enhanced Senses in ffxedit2. I guess just add a 1 next to both red and blue, leaving the others 0. I don't know why the option doesn't show up in the game, though.

I've taken to given speedsters and those who are highly trained in martial arts the Blitzkrieg attribute. They have a better chance of hitting what they punch.

From the description that you have mentioned, have you thought of perhaps giving him that attribute that makes him invisible when he stands still? I forget the name of it...it's not disguised, though.

You can use the judo throw swap with speed decrease? It's more physical than your other options.