• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Third Reich Multiplayer

Started by ExplodingGuy, August 12, 2008, 09:28:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ExplodingGuy

Umm...
Does anybody play? Because for me, there is NO ONE online :(
Could there be something wrong with my computer? Or is it just that no one plays :P
Thank you for reading, I love the forums :)

Previsionary

MP isn't popular these days, but you *might* be able to find someone to play with ya here.

ExplodingGuy

There's literally NO ONE :unsure:
If someone would like to play with me, or hell, a whole crowd, I'd love that :wub:

Lunarman

Sadly this says it best

QuoteThere's literally NO ONE

Basically all regular players of FFVTTR are members of this forum, maybe a few more. A lot of people on these forums don't play as much as they used to, either (me for one, but there's a heap of us). Most have turned to modding/skinning to build their skills and gain self-satisfaction as well as provide enjoyment for others.

Also the fact that no-one is ever online means people play less and less or even log on to check what multiplayer is up to.
Your best bet is to try and arrange a match with someone here, because the chances of running into someone randomly is pretty rare, sorry

catwhowalksbyhimself

Plus no one really played multiplayer ever when it was more popular, because FF is not really a mutiplayer game.

ExplodingGuy

But I don't get it...
This could easily be one of the greatest multiplayer games ever.
C'mon, fully interactive environments, custom hero creation, there's even story-based multiplayer!
This game deserves a better class of players, as the Joker would say :thumbdown:

Previsionary

Quote from: catwhowalksbyhimself on August 13, 2008, 10:08:07 AM
Plus no one really played multiplayer ever when it was more popular, because FF is not really a mutiplayer game.

Not particularly true. When FF first came out you could always find someone to play. That just eventually dwindled. Explodingguy, not to discourage, but FFVTTR's multiplayer wasn't that much of an improvement and the story mode is barely anything special.

Overthrower

The real problem is this game unlike the first one,has tons of problems with people seeing each others games,even when it was popular. I was trying today with someone I just met online in the games lobby and we couldnt see the games we hosted. If you'd like to try with me tho,feel free to send me an email to jkexperiment@hotmail.com,I too would like to play this online,and hopefully figure out any problems causing this.

Scott Kevill

Quote from: Overthrower on August 29, 2008, 07:57:40 PM
The real problem is this game unlike the first one,has tons of problems with people seeing each others games,even when it was popular. I was trying today with someone I just met online in the games lobby and we couldnt see the games we hosted. If you'd like to try with me tho,feel free to send me an email to jkexperiment@hotmail.com,I too would like to play this online,and hopefully figure out any problems causing this.

I've already mentioned this in a thread here, but since this is one about networking problems, I figured I'd add a mention here.

GameRanger is a new alternative for playing Freedom Force (and FFvTR and its demo) online. It is the easiest way to play, and doesn't require setting up port forwarding or dealing with other router/firewall issues. You can download it at www.GameRanger.com

Hope this helps.