• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Organising Character

Started by Trelau, August 17, 2008, 11:15:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trelau

Ok i hope this is the right place to post this, but this have been bugging me for a long time:

is it possible to add new "sets" for selecting character?
So that, instead of "Campaign", "Vilain" and such; you could have "DC", "Marvel" and any other.
Maybe i should have post this in the mod section...but I guess it would require some heavy scripting to get to what i have in mind:
characters could be in different sets (like for the moment they can be in "campaign" and "heroes") so that you could be as precise à you want -> you could have a "DC" set with all your dc character and a "dc golden age" set with just the golden age one (some character would therefore be in the two sets)
In the best case: custom character could be add to this set too.

So I guess what i'm saying is that I'm looking for a way (either through editing of existing file or via a new tool) to add new selection sets, to be able to edit and delete them; plus having the possibility to add or remove any character in it.

I should have mention that i've never tried scripting and that i don't even know if what i ask for is possible; if not well...it's a bummer.
Even if you just think that it's possible but don't know how to do it yourself, please let me know.

ps: again, apologies for any mispelling or grammar mistake, my english is a little rusty.

GogglesPizanno

Im pretty sure this is hard coded within the game itself, And I don't think scripting is gonna overcome it. And even if it could be scripted, I dont know that the amount of work involved is really worth the benefit.

I think most people, just name their characters accordingly (i.e. DC-Superman, or Xmen-Wolverine)

Trelau

Damn... yeah i do name my character like that too, but it's becoming more complicating when it comes down too finding an entire team quickly  (because "dcgoldenageJSA Sandman" is a little too long)

i wonder...well, this could be an alternative (but only when selecting as an ennemy team in the rumble room): wouldn't "private army" allow me to create a "team-character"? i know it's limited to 6 place and 10000 prestige point, with random section of character, but could it be modified?
by the way thanks for answering so fast

Xenolith

I've been toying with that same idea.  I have a 1960 Averngers character (tiggot), no stats, and the Private Army attribute.  The only problem is that private army randomly selects characters from the list.  Maybe somebody like Taskmaster X could figure out a way to have private army only select each character once.  I guess it would be the "team" attribute.  The only problem would be that only x points of teammates would show up, and if you have a 1,00,000 point Superman, for example, you'd never see him.  Maybe the the "team" attribute wouldn't have a point limit, select everyone on the roster, and cost 0 points, because the team tiggot is not a playable character.

JKCarrier

Quote from: Trelau on August 17, 2008, 12:00:36 PM
Damn... yeah i do name my character like that too, but it's becoming more complicating when it comes down too finding an entire team quickly  (because "dcgoldenageJSA Sandman" is a little too long)

What I do is put a 3-letter abbreviation in front of every name. Characters are either an "H" (hero) or "V" (villain), followed by a two-letter abbreviation for their team or affiliation. So my Justice Leaguers are named HJL Batman, HJL Superman, etc. Spider-Man's villains are named VSP Dr Octopus, VSP Green Goblin, and so on.

Trelau

JkCarrier: i know i can make smarter abreviation, but i still couldn't do a quick search for all silver age character in one clic. and still...HTVJL (hero timmverse justice league) with someone lique atom smasher or mr terrificis quite long anyway. but i get the idea, itry to find a master chart for abbreviations that would cover all my character.

Xenolith: i've been doing exactly the same thing...and encounter the same problem (character too expensive to show up in private army, some affordable character never showing up because of the random attribute...)
A "team" attribute would definitely be the (easyest) solution to the problem...do we PM taskmasterX or do we wait for him to come around by himself?

TaskMasterX

Interesting idea, guys. I'll add it to my To-Do List.