• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Looking for parts...

Started by daglob, August 21, 2008, 07:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daglob

I need something that would do for half a head of hair, and something that will do for a Y shaped bird's foot. I'm hoping to do Ultra the Multi-Alien

detourne_me

Y shaped birds foot... maybe you could use a nightcrawler mesh as a base? i think there are 4 already - val's, ink's, jik's and i think bobby69 made one too

for half a head of hair.. are we talking receeding hairline?
one trick would be to move a hairpiece down a bit and into the head...
one of tommyboy's hair pieces, or one of renegade's (from a john stewart or black lightning mesh would work)
also, if you take a look at tap43's (crud or is it JKC's) Merlin (the archer) hex he did a great receeding hairline.

daglob

Sorry; been busy.

Ultra was divided into four parts; one leg was feathered, with talons and a wing, the other leg was a lightning bolt, one side of his torso and face was blue and bald, the other side was green with fur and shoulder-length hair. I wanted to do it on the Male Effects Torch mesh, so that I could do the electrical effect on one leg only.

So, I need one half a head of hair, the right half, if I remember correctly. The fun part is going to be finding keyframes that have a ranged attack that looks like a left-footed kick.

UnkoMan

http://www.dialbforblog.com/archives/172/

I believe (and the pictures confirm) that he has three front claws on his bird leg. His back claw is, however, inconsistant. You'll need a wing from a Namor mesh, of course. But if you want to fake it, then Nightcrawler mesh, as stated.

I have no idea about the hair, though. This is one tough hex.

daglob

You're right about the toe count. I had figured on using a wing from Thor's helmet for the ankle wing; it looks larger than Namor's.

JKCarrier

Probably the easiest way to do "half a head of hair" would be with an alpha channel (i.e., put a wig on him, and make half of it invisible).

detourne_me

i've got a hex somebody did for two face, he took gni's long hair (from the crow i think) and hexed half of it away.   i thin k it might be the left side though..

daglob

Quote from: JKCarrier on August 24, 2008, 07:55:03 AM
Probably the easiest way to do "half a head of hair" would be with an alpha channel (i.e., put a wig on him, and make half of it invisible).

I thought of that, but sometimes the "edge" of the alpha-ed out part looks funny, like you are looking through the other part.