• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Warner Bros. Confirms Superman Reboot

Started by Midnite, August 22, 2008, 12:50:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueBard

I think they should stay away from a lengthy 'origin' movie for a Superman reboot.  I don't see how they could possibly make that fresh and interesting with 'Superman Returns' being so recent.  (Although something along the lines CQ suggested would come closest.)

By all means, do a quick intro so that the few people on the planet who don't already know about Superman can get up to speed.  Perhaps as an opening montage.  Other than that, they ought to stay clear of it.  By the same token, they need to keep Lex Luthor on the sidelines and do something that doesn't make him the main villain.

JeyNyce

Agreed.  May be have his origin done in a quick flashback while he's fighting SUPERVILLIANS, not Lex.  I would keep Lex on the sidelines watching over Supes.  In the second movie I would have Lex create Bizarro to fight Superman and at the end Superman finds out that Lex was behind it, but he can't do anything about it because Lex is powerful in his own right.  This could be done in 2 movies, not 3, but if both movies make good money WB would be looking to make a third.