• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

DOOOOOOOOOOM

Started by Midnight, August 25, 2008, 03:25:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Midnight

lugaru

It makes me wonder if the "Studio Executive" source is the on set drug dealer...

Panther_Gunn

..... oh god.... I can taste the bile!

*runs to the bathroom*

*sadly, only makes it as far as Sven's lunchbox*

Ares_God_of_War

:lol: I can't stop laughing. I keep seeing a scene from "the Graduate" with christian Bale and Cher "are you trying to seduce me Ms. Kyle?"  :lol:

Figure Fan

So..

Are they trying to get an actress with MORE plastic parts than Angelina or what?..

Lulz.

stumpy

I guess I have only seen Cher in The Witches of Eastwick, so I am not especially predisposed toward or against her. I don't recall Catwoman being appreciably older than Batman, but this is Hollywood, so they can use their special effects budget if that's needed. Maybe Cher could pull it off... I suppose those who have seen more of her movies have a better measure of her acting ability. Maybe Angelina could, too.

Of course, the speculation is so untethered to reality at this point that it's all almost pure vapor.

To me, the more telling thing is that there seems to be so much importance tied to the villains in these movies, as per the snippets at the end of the piece. Obviously, the villains in a Batman movie are going to be important, but I also worry that that's sort of where they went off the rails in the first set of Batman movies. The movies became all about who the villains were (and what superstar was going to play them) instead of putting some effort into keeping Batman and Bruce Wayne interesting. Yes, have cool villains that are wicked and vexing in interesting ways. But, Batman himself needs to be the primary focus. I like Bale, but his Bruce Wayne is already a little wooden. I would hate to see the series drift further in that direction, to the point where people are yawning whenever Batman isn't in costume. The audience should be excited to see his character develop and should be trying to get inside his head, not just waiting for him to kick butt and use cool gadgets (which are fine, too).

On the other hand, for that very reason, I am hopeful that there is talk of using Catwoman in the next movie. That is a character with a connection to Bruce, which I think could work to keep the uncostumed side of the story interesting.

RTTingle

Quote from: Ares_God_of_War on August 25, 2008, 04:01:02 PM
:lol: I can't stop laughing. I keep seeing a scene from "the Graduate" with christian Bale and Cher "are you trying to seduce me Ms. Kyle?"  :lol:

Do not disgrace one of the best movie scenes ever in history with that thought.  Widescreen was solely made possible so we could see Anne Bancroft's gams in their full glory.

Now...

the scene from Moonstruck, with Cher slapping Christian Bale, while loudly saying "Snap out of it!".

... is more appropriate.

RTT

yell0w_lantern

Mr. Hamrick

my guess is that someone heard "cat woman" and thought "COUGAR"

Panther_Gunn

I can explain the entire thought process of the execs that thought this was a good idea with one name:  Eartha Kitt.

Camma

Maybe they are going for a musical for the sequel.  Not that Cher has a very appealing voice, but Bale can sing....although both Empire of the Sun and Newsies were a long time ago and who knows what the ravages of puberty did to his voice, not to mention that freaking bat-voice he used in TDK.

GogglesPizanno

Actually this could be like the Bruce Timm Batman musical from that one animated episode...

UnkoMan

Hey, Cher's not that bad. Mask, Mermaids, Witches of Eastwick. Not masterful acting, but not terrible. Plus, she didn't look half bad in those either. And, honestly, Christian Bale's acting in the last Batman movie wasn't really that great. His Batman voice is a parody of Batman voices, and his Wayne is a bit stifled.

But even though I believe these points, I am just mentioning them to argue. I think Cher would be ridiculous as Catwoman also.

bearded

which musical episode?

and with cher as catwoman, we would totally have to have nicholas cage as batman.  and keanu reeves as robin.

GogglesPizanno

Quotewhich musical episode?
I think it was a Batman Beyond episode, where Terry takes Bruce to the opening night of a Batman Musical.
It's just the first couple of minutes minute or so, but it's really funny (and the music isn't half bad in a musical parody kind of way).

Quoteand keanu reeves as robin.
Like Holy superhero batman. I like totally know kung fu. Thanks Dude!

the_ultimate_evil

no way, no how, not a chance

seriously if you believe this, i've got a nice bridge in down town gotham to sell ya

thanoson

Quote from: UnkoMan on August 26, 2008, 01:43:43 PM
Hey, Cher's not that bad. Mask, Mermaids, Witches of Eastwick. Not masterful acting, but not terrible. Plus, she didn't look half bad in those either.

Yes, she did ok in these and didn't look that bad. However, she was pushing 40 in those movies and they were, 20 years ago?

BWPS

This is totally insane and I can't believe they'd do this!

Barbara Streisand would be a WAY better choice!

And yes, I know the story is about as real as her cheekbones.

The Hitman

Quote from: Mr. Hamrick on August 25, 2008, 06:52:01 PM
my guess is that someone heard "cat woman" and thought "COUGAR"

BWAHAHAHAH!

Dr.Volt

Indeed, this has to be a joke.  And it's a good one!  Lol!

Sevenforce

I'd find this funnier but I find I have a soiled lunch :blink:

Podmark

I read on Newsarama that they think this could be part of doing the DKR as the sequel. Take that with a grain of salt.