• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Green Lantern Movie ***SPOILERS***

Started by Midnite, September 03, 2008, 05:26:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Midnite

Talavar

Could start filming this spring.  A lot still needs to happen first.

BentonGrey

Nonononono, that's a horrible choice...not Jack Black bad, but bad nonetheless.  The guy from Angel would have actually been good, why not cast him?

Jakew

Ryan Gosling is a great actor but he's more of an "everyman" (which I guess is what Kyle was supposed to be, initially) ... not a Hal Jordan-type.

Then again, Hugh Jackman, Christian Bale, Heath Ledger, etc looked nothing like their respective characters either ... but they were able to inhabit the role because they are talented actors (with great scripts and directors).

BWPS

I don't care much for him, he might make a decent Alan Scott, but he's no good for Hal Jordan.

Meh, I wouldn't worry about it. If you had information about an upcoming superhero movie, would you take that information to the "Latino Review"?

BentonGrey

Actually, BWPS, if my memory does not fail me (and it very often does) the "Latino Review" receives lots of scoops......how or why is anyone's guess.

BentonGrey

I am REALLY hoping that this will be good....

BentonGrey

Hmm...the story for GL (if anywhere near accurate) doesn't sound bad.  I don't care much for the "Hal Jordan is a prick for the first act of the movie" part of it.  Still, if they get a decent actor, a decent director, and don't skimp on the special effects...it could turn out pretty good.