• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

New Knight Rider Pilot on Hulu.com now

Started by catwhowalksbyhimself, September 18, 2008, 09:53:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

catwhowalksbyhimself

Hulu.com has the pilot episode up now, several days ahead of its premiere of NBC.  The movie is on too, if you missed it the first time.

I'll watch it tomorrow.  I'd like to hear your opinions as well.

thalaw2

Much better than what i had expected!  The trailer left me with a bad taste in my mouth, but this pilot shows some promise.  Then again my expectations were low, I wasn't expecting to be able to stomach the whole thing.  However, I was intrigued. 

The new KITT is pretty cool thus far.  I'm not a big fan of the new driver, he just doesn't have the presence of "The Hoff", but I'll give the kid a chance.

[spoiler]The show tried a little to hard to be hip...  Michael the swinger...Lesbian FBI agent on a one night stand, might have been better to make her married.. 
I'm really happy they didn't use KITT to count cards in Vegas.  I was so expecting that to happen and they did something much cooler with him tapping into the security systems.  How strong is the new nano-tech shield?  I'm thinking the car is not Superman it should have at least been moved from the impact of the SUV. 

I would like to see more of "The Hoff". Rook might now be an airplane?  The international twist has potential if not for interesting stories then for a very high budget[/spoiler]

catwhowalksbyhimself

I'd just like to point out that you're describing the premier movie rather than the series "pilot" or first episode, whatever is most appropriate to call it.  Unless of course, they went and re-edited the movie to make the pilot, which I really hope they didn't.  I'll find out in an hour or so.

thalaw2

Oh...after you said it was out on the net I went and looked for it on the Chinese sites.  It was advertised as Night Rider 2008 so I wasn't sure if it was the pilot or movie....I hope the series is at least just as good.

catwhowalksbyhimself

That's why I said hulu.com.  Go there, assuming you are a US resident.

It's actually legal to watch it there, my friend, and the first episode is there.

More specifically, http://www.hulu.com/knight-rider

thalaw2

I'm sure the site i used is legal.  It is government regulated and has everything Hulu does and maybe then some.  I cant get Hulu in China though.....  but I am a US citizen.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Alright, just saw it.  My first impression is that it's MUCH better than the movie/backdoor pilot. Especially the first third or so.  It does not have quite the same feel as the original series, but seems to have potential in it's own right.  Somehow all series these days seem to HAVE to have an ongoing plot line, and this one is no exception.  It looks like this will be more science fiction than the old series, and the cast appears to be much larger. There's also more of a romantic interest in Sarah, and she look to be acting as co-pilot in some cases, which is another departure from the original.  Some other comments.

[spoiler]The transformation thing is cool.  I wish they hadn't said it was a program, because that is not possible.  It would have been better if they just threw it in there with no explanation and just pretended he had that feature all along.

The whole missing memory subplot could have potential, although I don't think a main plotline for every series is really necessary.  At least not this kind of deep dark mystery type thing.

I'm more iffy about the whole fake death and new identity thing.  It seems to me an unnecessary throughback to the old show just to make it more alike.  Besides, if they were able to find out where he was while on a top secret mission where no one should have known where he was, what makes them thinking faking his death and changing his name would make any difference at all?
[/spoiler]