• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

30 day jetpack

Started by BlueBard, September 18, 2008, 10:13:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueBard

How many people think this is worth $4.99:

QuoteCity of Heroes® Mini Booster: Temporary 30 Day Jetpack includes the jetpack travel power for all characters on the game account for 30 days beginning at the time of purchase. After 30 days the jetpack will no longer be included within each character's selectable powers.

IMPORTANT: Players can purchase this temporary jetpack multiple times but should wait until the previous 30 days have expired before purchasing it again in order to get the full 30 days of use. If there are still additional days of time remaining from a previous purchase, and you purchase another 30 day jetpack, the new 30 days of time will override any existing time (for example, if you have 7 days of time remaining and you purchase another 30 day jetpack, the jetpack will then have 30 days of time rather than 37 days).

I'd dearly love to have a non-functional version as a costume piece, but shelling out an extra $5 every month?

I agree but think of this way, not having to take a travel power at all O.O and just reupping the fly pack, I am sure it could be abused like that some way.

Valandar

Quote from: 77 on September 18, 2008, 11:55:15 PM
I agree but think of this way, not having to take a travel power at all O.O and just reupping the fly pack, I am sure it could be abused like that some way.

Yeah - at $60 a year! >.<

BlueBard

That's a third of my monthly subscription cost.  For a travel power.  No, for a temporary travel power.  Even worse, one that I can't stretch out like I can the safeguard travel powers.  Can only play 5 days out of 30?  Tough noogies.

What were they thinking?

For someone just starting out to play, I can see 30 days of jetpack being a good thing.  But a lot of my toons already have travel powers.

All I want is a costume piece that looks just like that, so my hi-tech toons can strap that on instead of goofy looking tech wings.  I'd even pay a one time fee of $5 to get a permanent, non-functional costume piece.

Midnight

MJB

Quote from: BlueBard on September 19, 2008, 07:09:16 AM
What were they thinking?

They began offering time cards in stores that included the game + a 30 day jet pack for $20. Some of the CoH über 1337 who "gotta have it all" complained that they wanted to pack without having to buy the cards. I'm sure they feared actually seeing sun light and being in the out of doors long enough to purchase one from Walmart.

It cost NCsoft virtually nothing to offer the jet pack alone on their site for the $5 difference.

As far as having customizable jet packs Posi mentioned that is on the planner. No word if you will have to have the $5 pack to take advantage of this.

-MJB

Figure Fan

Meh, I'd rather do a bank mission and get one of the three temp powers. They last me forever anyway..

Hey--at least they're offering things like this now. I guess?

Tortuga

It's all Dangerous Dave ever needed and wanted.  But not for $5 a month.

Alaric

I think people are missing the point. The 30-day jetpack was originally given as part of a special new kind of $20 game card they were offering. Some players complained that they wanted the jetpack without buying the game card. Since $20 - $15 (usual monthly fee) = $5, it was decided that the value already given to the jetpack was $5, and it was an easy thing to make availbable to the players (took no time or effort), so they now offer it for those who really want it. It's as simple as that. I'm sure they don't expect many people to actually buy it, it's just an alternate way to get something they were already offering, at the same price. Personally, I don't see what the big deal is.

MJB

I must have been correct. Al said the same thing I said. That's just scary. Me. Being correct. :|

-MJB