• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

What movie would not be improved by adding a giant octopus?

Started by randyripoff, October 02, 2008, 08:05:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

randyripoff

Eliminating all movies that have giant octopi, what movies would not be improved by the addition of a giant tentacled beast?

GogglesPizanno

Jaws.... Duh.
You cant improve perfection.

Oh wait, was I supposed to answer with a funny clever answer?

Alaric

Quote from: randyripoff on October 02, 2008, 08:05:13 AM
Eliminating all movies that have giant octopi, what movies would not be improved by the addition of a giant tentacled beast?

This question makes me wonder if Randy frequents some of the same web sites I do...

ow_tiobe_sb

Quote from: randyripoff on October 02, 2008, 08:05:13 AM
... a giant tentacled beast?

*giggles to himself, knowing how Randy's embarrassing speech impediment causes him to pronounce "sti" as "nta"*

ow_tiobe_sb
Phantom Bunburyist and Fop o' th' Morning

stumpy

You guys are kraken me up.

Quote from: ow_tiobe_sb on October 02, 2008, 10:09:46 PM
Quote from: randyripoff on October 02, 2008, 08:05:13 AM... a giant tentacled beast?

*giggles to himself, knowing how Randy's embarrassing speech impediment causes him to pronounce "sti" as "nta"*
Shades of Better Off Dead! Maybe someone with a name like Charles De Mar might know something about this topic. As he says, "I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years: I'm no dummy."

I was thinking that maybe The Notebook wouldn't be improved by a giant octopus. But, maybe it would. After all, what better way to add emotional depth than with one of the archetypal creatures of the deep?

BTW, is this related to the Watchmen movie? Or is this just a random escape from the Asylum?

BWPS

Well, it definitely worked for Pirates of the Caribbean 2. Which needless to say was still a very bad movie, but it would've been a lot worse without the giant octopus. I think I see your point, Randall!

C4

scary movie - anything changed or added would improve that useless franchise

that movie with Jodie Foster where we waited to whole movie to see the alien which turned out to be her father. If maybe he was a giant talking octopus it would have been better. 

dude wheres my car - dude where is my giant octopus 

Alaric

I just thought of a movie that wasn't improved by the presence of a giant octopus! The live-action Popeye movie starring Robin Williams! Up until the octopus at the end, the movie was strange and uneven, but not entirely bad, kind of interesting in some ways. That octopus actually tipped the movie over into being just plain bad.