• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

DC Voices Package?

Started by life_matrix, October 06, 2008, 03:39:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

life_matrix

I've been away from FR for a long time now and am only now getting back into the games. (Mostly because I have a faster PC now & I just picked up two copies of  :ffvstr: at a bargain. :thumbup:)

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had compiled a whole package of voices for the DC universe?

There seems to be quite a few DC voice samples now. However, they vary considerably in quality. I've always noticed that when someone rips voices from an animated series there's almost always some annoying background noises or music. (Sometimes a lot!) The nice thing about getting them from a game is that you can get pure voice tracks by either converting/hacking the voice files or using Options to turn everything else off.

life_matrix

And while I'm on the subject of DC voices: Has anyone considered ripping voices from the PS2 game entitled "Justice League Heroes"?

Unless you run the game from an emulator, it might require a patch cable from 'Line-In' on the soundcard to the audio L and R... but it should be doable. (I've done something similar for other games.) And to get pure sound samples you'd want to go to options and turn the background music off. But I think it would be worth it as the character voices in Justice League Heroes are awesome. (The lines some of them use when idle are absolutely hilarious, too!)

I would try this myself, except for the fact that I don't own the game. Instead, my friends and I have rented this game on more than one occation. We managed to unlock all the hidden characters. The team roster includes:

* Superman (several different costumes)
* Wonderwoman (several different costumes)
* Zantanna (several different costumes)
* Martian Manhunter (a few different costumes & looks)
* Flash (a few different costumes)
* Green Lantern [John Stewart] (a few different costumes)
* Green Lantern [Kyle Rayner]
* Hawkgirl
* Aquaman
* Huntress
* Green Arrow

While I don't have the game, I did spend a lot of time with each character and wrote down all the different lines - creating a transcript of the voices. I got well over 95% of the voice samples transcribed before I had to return the game. I started writing a FAQ on the voices and plan on submitting it to GameFAQs... I just haven't finished typing it all up yet.

While the voices do not directly correspond with every speech condition that Freedom Force uses, I can see how a little ingenuity can make them fit. And some samples could be split up to apply for more than one use. For example, Aquaman says "Stay clear. I'll take care of this" whenever an ally gets KO'd. But if you split it up, you could use "Stay Clear" and "I'll take care of this" as two seperate attack voices.

PS: The voices remind me a lot of those in the Justice League Unlimited series and I imagine they used a lot of the same voice actors. (I haven't checked the credits...)

crimsonquill

Uhmm... Apparently you didn't read down further enough in the threads... but forum member Sledgehammer managed to figure out how to access the sound files from the XBOX version of JLH. He managed to assemble voice packs for Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and Huntress before his offline life pulled him away from the community here. I managed to find a way to get the sound files from JLH myself thru various mod communities but Sledge never told me how he cracked the archieve format to hear the sounds thru a PC sound card... so I keep waiting until either he gets back in contact with me or someone else figures it out.

So, the good news is that 5 voices are available to use in Freedom Force by looking in his voice thread or downloading my VPMAX collection which has them archieved in there with dozens of other voices.

- CrimsonQuill

BentonGrey

I also have lots of voicepacks available, but they are all pulled from the various Bruce Timm series, and thus the quality is widely varied.