• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Day 4: Mothman

Started by AfghanAnt, October 31, 2008, 07:28:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AfghanAnt

Here's a preview of a team Unkoman and I put together.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Who they are and what they are to become will be revealed in coming days.

vamp

They look pretty cool. I remember that you mentioned that it would be based on urban legends or something, but I really can't tell which ones. But I guess all that info will be revealed later. I like how "vamp"(or whatever his name is now) and the bat-boy have similar designs. All together, they look awesome.

The Hitman

NICE! I really like the Mothman. Great job, guys!

Carravaggio

Phenomenal stuff guys! I've long maintained that collaborations help skinners push their bounds and provide inspiration, and here is proof! These are some of the coolest originals I've seen. I'm guessing next to the bat boy is a bat-man type mentor/hero for batboy to sidekick with. I'm also really interested in the story behind the metal suited glowing chap.
I look forward to finding out more :)

Gremlin

These look amazing. I'd love to see their villains!

Lunarman

Hmm, and things just got stranger....

Volsung

Great! That's the spirit!!!
So much personnality! They need their mod!

The Enigma

Is this some weird alternate version of The Authority? It seems to have fairly obvious Midnighter and Apollo analogues, the winged mothy guy could be Swift because, well, wings. The scantily clad furry woman is a lot like the scantily clad metallic Engineer with some Doctor-style red glasses things (ok, so it's warpaint, but still...). The batboy, I don't know, he's, er, he's crouching. Sometimes Hawksmoor crouches? Ok, so I'm stretching that one a bit. I guess I saw the Apollo-a-like and went from there. Amazing what the mind can do if you poke it in the right direction. Oh, and the skins are great, but, you know, I figured another answer saying basically that would be kinda dull as I'm sure you know they're great.

miguelyanke

Dr.Volt

Great to see this kind of new creative collaborations happening.  They look intriguing.  I can't wait to hear more!

yell0w_lantern

Could it be?
[spoiler]Afghan Ant + Unkoman = Keith Giffen + J.M. DeMatteis[/spoiler]
<crosses fingers>

djfredski

JKCarrier

Neat! Some really clever designs, and beautiful crisp execution. The only one I would criticize even a little is the brown butterfly guy -- he looks kind of bland next to the others. Maybe a few small accents in a different color would help him "pop" more?

AfghanAnt

From the depths of space comes the Ancient Astronaut, Ashtar Sheron. Gifted with the ability to manipulate matter, Ashtar has walked upon the Earth for a millennium healing and protecting human under various religious guises. Now that the time of the Nemesis Sun grows near, he is once again awakened to protect those he has grown to love.

Blkcasanova247

:blink: :blink: :blink: Very cool!

Xenolith

I agree.  Very, very nice.  I like the back story. 

herodad1

i remember an episode of the x-files where the jersey devil was a wild cave woman.is that who she's suppose to be?

Zippo

Hmmm... Is the cloaked one Spring-Heeled Jack? (The urban legend, not the FR member :P)

Podmark

The details and skoping of the Astronaut are phenomenal. Excellent work AA.

Really want a better look at that black caped guy, he seems cool.

BentonGrey

Quote from: Podmark on November 03, 2008, 08:15:16 PM
Really want a better look at that black caped guy, he seems cool.

Ditto.

Your skin of the Astronaut is, of course, excellent AA.  I'm not really qualified to give you any feedback on the actual skilled part of the creation process anyway, but I am not really crazy about his design.  The lack of pants is, I think, what throws me off.  The space suit is really cool, but his bare legs seem a bit...misplaced.

Podmark

Quote from: BentonGrey on November 03, 2008, 09:45:53 PM
The lack of pants is, I think, what throws me off.  The space suit is really cool, but his bare legs seem a bit...misplaced.

I actually like that element. Its unique and makes it appear that this character is fairly powerful in some respect.

UnkoMan

I know we haven't really been commenting here to keep more of an air of mystery about the characters but I will say me and AA discussed it and we both liked the legless thing better. Once you learn more about his character and see some other things, I think you will find it makes a lot more sense for him.

On another note, I am glad you folks are liking these guys. We've got a lot of ideas for them.

Lunarman

Now that is nifty. And his suit is very clever, somehow ancient but also techy at the same time.

cmdrkoenig67

I am loving those new characters, AA...Awesome work.

Dana

murs47

Gremlin

miguelyanke

Uhmm AA why don't you alpha the body and use other without that things in the hands?

Blkcasanova247

I was thinkin' about that too...are the "sleeves" intentional? If not you might want to switch out the bodies. ;)

AfghanAnt

Sleeves are not intentional. One of these days I'm going to fixed that. I've just been too lazy honestly.

Also I'd like to thank Johnny Patches. He did the AA skope for me. All I did was move some things around and add additional extras.

AfghanAnt

Preying on ancient fears, The Night Stalker lurks in the deepest of shadows. An experimental medical accident cursed Dr. Ron Dillon to a
world of blackness, horror, and undying hunger. Yet, denying his newfound dark desires he has chosen to use his unholy powers to
protect the innocent, if not for for the sake of his son and his own guilt than any love of humanity.