• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

There's Nothing Stopping You Now!

Started by ow_tiobe_sb, November 03, 2008, 01:30:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ow_tiobe_sb

With the recent release of the latest NIFTools importers/exporters (v. 3.0.10) for gmax, certain animation export bugs have been eliminated.  What does this mean?  It means that no longer is there any impediment to the creation of original FX for Freedom Force and Freedom Force vs. The 3rd Reich using gmax (Okay, fine, gmax does not support particle systems, which represent a large element in FX meshing; however, a great many other types of special effects could be achieved without the use of particle systems.  All the other necessary features--i.e., track view and note keys, IIRC--are supported by gmax.)!

Allow me to present proof of concept using the tried and true 3ds max teapot:[spoiler]

An animated teapot, exported from gmax to Freedom Force NIF format, previewed in NIFSkope.[/spoiler]

Now stop wasting time, get out there (read a bit), and make some new FX!  (If not for your own artistic ambitions, do it to keep prev in business. ;))

ow_tiobe_sb
Phantom Bunburyist and Fop o' th' Morning

cmdrkoenig67

Now we can all make teapots!  Whoooo-Hoooooo!

:thumbup:

Gremlin

There should be an FX for a teapot that doesn't have a visible nif and when somebody asks where the teapot is the FXer says it's in orbit between here and the moon, you just can't see it. But it's there.

cmdrkoenig67

I recently downloaded Wings3D, so I hope to be on the mesh-making trek again...Somewhat soon.  I've heard GMax is good, but not very easy to use...I need something for the tech-challenged...Like me.  :P

Dana