• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Thor: TAS

Started by Previsionary, November 17, 2008, 06:49:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Previsionary

There doesn't seem to be a thread for this, but keeping up with the marvel motto of oversaturating the market (see: Wolverine, Marvel 90s TASes which all ended up canceled), there's now a Thor cartoon on the horizon to help promote the Thor movie.

Quote from: http://www.marvel.com/news/moviestories.5970.Thor_Animated_Series_Storms_TV_in_2010As the noted philosopher M.C. Hammer once proclaimed, "It's hammer time," True Believers!

The Mighty Thor's headed for TV screens everywhere, courtesy of Marvel Animation!

Marvel Animation took the industry by storm as it debuted its all-new animated TV shows in its first-ever appearance at MIPCOM—the global content event for creating, co-producing, buying, selling, financing and distributing entertainment content across all platforms.

Now Marvel Animation is expanding its slate of offerings with 26 action-packed half-hour episodes of an all-new animated television series based on Thor. The Thor series will be self-produced by Marvel and is scheduled to launch fall 2010 following Marvel's live-action "Thor" feature film in summer of 2010.

Click the link for more information.

So...2009-2011 will bring us: Wolverine and the X-men, The Avengers, Ironman, Black Panther, and Thor...so far. I'm surprised Hulk didn't get a new toon.

crimsonquill

Quote from: Previsionary on November 17, 2008, 06:49:01 PM
So...2009-2011 will bring us: Wolverine and the X-men, The Avengers, Ironman, Black Panther, and Thor...so far. I'm surprised Hulk didn't get a new toon.

Actually Marvel Studios did have a Hulk did have a toon in the works.. "Hulk And Gamma Force" character designs and staff were absorbed into the upcoming Avengers Toon because they were on the same path and when they started to realize that Hulk was in both series it was just easier to push up the development speed by the merger.

- CQ

Podmark

Plus we still have Spectacular Spider-Man.
I'd love it if all of these shows were good. But Marvel is really going all out.

BentonGrey

Ohh......a Thor toon could be completely awesome...although it would be exceedingly easy to screw up, as well.  I'd love to see a format that followed the classic Thor comic, with a modern day tale followed by one set in Asgard before he came to Earth.  Either that or all Asgard, but it could be a real high adventure show.