• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Megatallica's DBZ Skins

Started by Megatallica, November 22, 2008, 05:19:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Megatallica

Well After a long Time im back, and with some awesome skins, I Dint really Give it a great ATtempt, i used the old bfp skin for goku's shirt and pants, tenkaichi budokai 3 for the armour skin and the rest were made by me.
You Can Grab Them From the Link On mY Signiture.

djfredski

miguelyanke

Megatallica

Well ive finished Piccolo afew minutes ago.
I do Plan on skining all of gokou's meshes.

these arent the greatest from my point of view, but i felt that those awesome meshes needed some sort of skin.

Megatallica

Since im finishing these skins so fast itll probably be all done by tommorow :thumbup:
Vegeta

AfghanAnt

Quote from: Megatallica on November 22, 2008, 05:19:13 PM
Well After a long Time im back, and with some awesome skins, i didnt really make the skins, i used the old bfp skins and edited them added some extra's.

Would you mind pasting the original work for comparison or at the very least give credit to the person who original skinned those meshes?

Megatallica

Hey AA I was Actually going to include the skins i used from the quake 3 mod, and the psd files of the skins, on the new yahoo page im going to start. As For Credit all i can do is credit the BFP team, it seems that they were forced to remove the DBZ Characters from there game, and they anonomously posted the DBZ Skins on the net, so I have no idea who to credit.

AfghanAnt

Quote from: Megatallica on November 23, 2008, 05:02:51 PM
Hey AA I was Actually going to include the skins i used from the quake 3 mod, and the psd files of the skins, on the new yahoo page im going to start. As For Credit all i can do is credit the BFP team, it seems that they were forced to remove the DBZ Characters from there game, and they anonomously posted the DBZ Skins on the net, so I have no idea who to credit.

I guess I should have been blunt but how much of this work is your's? Everything but the heads? That is why I asked you to post the original work for comparison. 

Megatallica

all the heads are the default skin from gokous meshes, goku's skin is all mostly from bfp, boots are mine, piccolo skin was made by me, vegenta skin was gokou's orginal, armour was riped from techachi budokai 3.
ANd ive finished all the skin, considering that i only needed to make the 5
Gohan is a veriation of gokyus atire and piccolos atire
Trunks skin was made etirely by me, the Armour veriation is from vegeta
there is also a super saiyan goku and normal vegeta,
I will post a pic of complete lot in afew.
Skins are done all that is left is the portrates, unforunately they are only for ffv3r i will ask gokou for the original meshes.
and some of the meshes are hexed from gokous.
and AA im am by no way taking clame for the skins that were modded, i take credit that i moded them to freedom force but thats about it.
BFP is Bid for power a quake 3 mod, so i dont think i can give a comparison but i will post the raw skins that were used.

Megatallica

the_ultimate_evil

gotta agree with AA, if it's not your work and you can't gain permission from the original artists then you have no right to release them

Megatallica

they are open source, no one has a claim on the skin to avoid the copyright problem, and like i said before i made the trunks and piccolo skins, and the armour form vegetas skin is a rip from an official game, and btw im not taking claim for the skins, if you check them, my names no where one it, just to respect the work you and AA do.

laughing paradox

I have to say, some comments on here have been very insulting. There are ways to express a point without being condescending. That can make the difference between someone seeing where they may have gone wrong and changing that for future additions to this community or leaving for good.

Jakew

I have to agree with Laughing Paradox. You can still explain forum etiquette, artist permission and creator's ownership rights, etc, without insulting the person's intelligence.

Anyway, peace guys  :thumbup:

Megatallica

Quote from: laughing paradox on November 25, 2008, 04:22:32 PM
I have to say, some comments on here have been very insulting. There are ways to express a point without being condescending. That can make the difference between someone seeing where they may have gone wrong and changing that for future additions to this community or leaving for good.
Quote from: Jakew on November 25, 2008, 04:50:47 PM
I have to agree with Laughing Paradox. You can still explain forum etiquette, artist permission and creator's ownership rights, etc, without insulting the person's intelligence.

Anyway, peace guys  :thumbup:

Thanks guys, I really Appriciate it, the reason i left the community was because of this kind of thing.

Quote from: ips on November 25, 2008, 03:51:36 PM
Quote from: Megatallica on November 25, 2008, 03:03:47 PM
they are open source, no one has a claim on the skin to avoid the copyright problem, and like i said before i made the trunks and piccolo skins, and the armour form vegetas skin is a rip from an official game, and btw im not taking claim for the skins, if you check them, my names no where one it, just to respect the work you and AA do.

you don't understand what they are saying to you.

1) there is no such thing as open source artwork (unless you've been dead for over 60 years and your estate hasn't exercised it's control over the body of work it is entrusted with). the author of the skin has creative authorship rights for being the artist who made the texture and the owner of the intellectual property has creator rights over the characters and their likenesses.

2) it doesn't matter whether you claim it's yours or credit the original artists - because you are not the creator you have no right to use their work to create your own. it's called stealing or plagiarism.

i know you don't understand why everyone is making a big deal out of the situation right? you just made some skins for the game and want to have fun and share them with the other anime fans on the forum. why is everyone being so dramatic. ...when you get older you will realize that other people have rights whether you agree they should have them or not, and sometimes that means the world isn't a free for all, and you can't just decide to have fun and play with something or someone at the expense of someone else or their rights. in this case your rights end where they begin to infringe on someone else's. you had no right to use their work because the artist(s) is the creator and has the right to control if someone can use their work to make new work or not. if you tried to contact the original artist to ask permission and they didn't reply to you - that means you don't have the permission to proceed. so don't.

i don't know what you did or didn't do. i don't know if you asked permission from the original artists or not but i do know that if it isn't 100% your skin without anyone else's work and you don't have permission from anyone else who's work you used, then you shouldn't have posted the skins and you shouldn't be releasing them publicly.

I DONT KNOW HOW ELSE TO SAY THIS!
THE BFP POWER GUYS GAVE THE THUMBS UP, THEY DONT CARE, YOU THINK I RELEASED IT BY GOING THROUGH THEM
YOU GYUS ACT LIKE I DID SOMETHING WRONG, IM NOT AN IDIOT, THAT WHY IN THE FIRST POST I SAID, I DIDNT REALLY MAKE THE GOKU SKIN, IF I WERE A COMPLETE jerk I WOULD OF JUST SAID I MADE THEM, I CARE FOR THE WORK PEOPLE PUT INTO THEIR SKINS.

SO IF YOU GUYS ARE GOING TO STOP SAYING THE SAME dren OVER AND OVER, THEN DONT SAY ANYTHING AT ALL, AND LAST TIME I CHECKED I MADE THE PICCOLO AND TRUNKS SKIN, AND YET I DIDNT HEAR ONE, GOOD JOB.

Vertex

GOOD JOB!

Now calm down, take a few drugs, and next time explain in your opening post (which I will agree you tried to but didn't spell out enough) that not only did you make most of the skins but that you had full permission by author to release their work that you edited only. Woulda avoided a lot of the turmoil. We're a happy family here at the forum but the guards ALWAYS come up the moment you release edited work by someone else.. it's really not a good idea.

murs47

I think you did a real nice job on the faces. I like the light rendering you did to them. It's not over done keeping that anime/manga feel. Good job! :thumbup:

Megatallica

thanks guys, i just dropped by to tel you ive currently got ctool 2 to run stand alone, is anyone interested in this?

thanoson

Ok, these look fantastic. Very good job. What meshes do they use? Or is that also in the DL's?

Megatallica

thanoson

Ok, just realized these are only for FFVSTR. Any chance for these on FF? ANd, noticed that Vegeta is missing something from his outfit; the yellow toes. As seen in these pics:

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g6/i_like_me_2006/Vegeta-May2007.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/icycoldwinter/2096942291/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/icycoldwinter/2096942291/