• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

What should I skin next?

Started by Podmark, November 25, 2008, 11:31:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Help me choose what to skin next! Please read post first.

Updates
3D-Man
Beast
Cannonballs
New/Young X-Men
Purifiers
X-Force

Podmark

As mentioned in my skin thread I have a few ideas bouncing around in my head of what I'd like to skin next. Being the horrible person that I am I've decided to steal TUE's idea to ask the forum what they'd like to see, thus this poll.

The results of the poll don't set anything in stone. I've learned in the past that if I try to force myself to skin (especially taking requests) I lose motivation badly. So while this will influence my next work it is not a guarantee.

The poll will run for about a week or so.

So lets see the choices:

UPDATES!
Since I've learned Nifskope I've wanted to go back and redo older skins. By choosing this option you are saying you'd like to see me work on updates of past skins as my next work. You can note particular skins you'd like to see updated, or I might just start at A and see where I get lol! List of existing skins can be found on the first page of my skin thread.

3D-MAN!

In Avengers: The Initiative, Triathlon has become the new 3D-Man and is kicking Skrull butt across the country. This choice would include two versions of Delroy as 3D-Man (the two different goggles he wore in the book) and updates to my two older 3D-Man skins. It might also include some Triathlon skins, motivation pending.

BEAST!

To celebrate my love of Beast in his current cat form I'd like to do skins of his Morrison, Astonishing, and Manifest Destiny costumes. May also include a bonus Dark Beast.

CANNONBALLS!

On the weekend I had a huge desire to start skinning Cannonball skins starting at the beginning of his history. Cannonball is a favorite character and my second most skinned character (Speedball overtook him), I'd like to make him #1 again. This option would include both updates and some new skins, all on proper skopes. Note not all costumes depicted in the image will be skinned. There's just too many...

NEW/YOUNG X-MEN!

This choice would see me continue to skin the most recent generation of X-Men. New and updating skins would be made. Anole, Hellion, Dust, Pixie and Rockslide would be likely targets. Young X-Men costumes and characters would also be a possibility.

PURIFIERS!

This choice would finally see me skin the evilest of evil villains, the Purifers! You'd get new skins of Purifier soldiers, Matthew Risman, the Choir, and Bastion. Updated skins of Reverend Stryker and Nimrod would be likely possibilities as well.

X-FORCE!

This choice would finally have me working on my long planned X-Force skins. Wolverine, X-23, Warpath, Wolfsbane, Archangel, Elixir, maybe Domino if I get a good skope. Would likely include skin updates to my past skins of those characters too.

murs47

1st!

Hmmm...this reminds me. I never sent you my Gentle skin for your skope. Still want it?

Podmark

Quote from: murs47 on November 25, 2008, 11:40:34 PM
1st!

Hmmm...this reminds me. I never sent you my Gentle skin for your skope. Still want it?

Yeah, of course!

USAgent

X-Force!  I love the designs and colors of their new costumes in the comics, and i think you would do a fine job representing them,

miguelyanke

Pod i have in mind to upload on 25th December my aio cannonball skope, maybe it could be useful for you to initiate your job. If you're interested, i can send you and just to upload and actualize as you see necesary on your web.

^_^

Blkcasanova247

I cast my vote for those racist bastiches...The Purifiers! Hey we always need more villains!

Podmark

Quote from: miguelyanke on November 26, 2008, 04:30:14 AM
Pod i have in mind to upload on 25th December my aio cannonball skope, maybe it could be useful for you to initiate your job. If you're interested, i can send you and just to upload and actualize as you see necesary on your web.

^_^

Sure I'll check it out. I'm planning to represent Sam's teen years through Ren's teen body, and I want to use the Nova mesh like me an AA did on his Carey Cannonball skin, so whatever you've made it's likely I'll want to edit it.

Carravaggio

Purifiers, we need more bad guys.

Podmark

I'm going to run the poll to Sunday night probably. Right now X-Force has the lead but there's still time for things to change. Cast your vote now! Or later...except not after Sunday...because the poll will be closed ya know.

djfredski

:( Pod like to see them all update, but that not what we are doing the poll for. :banghead:
let me say that i love the 3D Man and would love to see that skins done, but i have to say the X-Force. :wub: :unsure: :huh: :wub: :D :lol:

Podmark

Quote from: djfredski on November 30, 2008, 10:32:35 AM
:( Pod like to see them all update, but that not what we are doing the poll for. :banghead:
let me say that i love the 3D Man and would love to see that skins done, but i have to say the X-Force. :wub: :unsure: :huh: :wub: :D :lol:

Well the good news is that most of these listed will be done by me eventually.

Podmark

And the poll is officially over!
Final tallies:
1. X-Force 15 votes
2. New/Young X-Men 7 votes
3. Purifiers 6 votes
4. Beast 5 votes
5. Updates 4 votes
6. Cannonball 2 votes
7. 3D-Man no votes :(

So the winner is
[spoiler]3D-MAN!!!
Yeah I'm kidding:
X-FORCE!!![/spoiler]

I'd like to thank everyone who voted. Especially those who voted for updates, I really didn't expect anyone to vote for that. Also those who voted for the Purifiers - yes Carr you are absolutely right we need more bad guys. And X-Force will need guys to fight so you will see the Purifiers eventually.

I didn't actually set a time limit on the poll so you can still vote, it just won't mean anything anymore.

Dr.Volt

USAgent

My 2nd choice was definatly the Purifiers, I was gonna vote for them initially but I didnt think they were gonna get any votes, so I didnt want to waste a vote on someone who I thought would of had 1 or 2 votes.

Podmark

Quote from: USAgent on December 05, 2008, 03:56:07 AM
My 2nd choice was definatly the Purifiers, I was gonna vote for them initially but I didnt think they were gonna get any votes, so I didnt want to waste a vote on someone who I thought would of had 1 or 2 votes.

I'm very happy they got as many votes as they did. In terms of character interest they're not as exciting as the other choices but they'd be so awesome in the Danger Room, and they are essential if I'm to ever make an X-Men mod.

Previsionary

Quote from: Podmark on December 05, 2008, 09:15:52 AM
Quote from: USAgent on December 05, 2008, 03:56:07 AM

I'm very happy they got as many votes as they did. In terms of character interest they're not as exciting as the other choices but they'd be so awesome in the Danger Room, and they are essential if I'm to ever make an X-Men mod.

Listen you,

throwing around such words like "X-men", "mod", and, um, "exciting" are strictly prohibited in 45 states and results in a $200 fine that will be paid to me, prev "previsionary" vision. Your fine will be in the mail, yo.  :angry:

and don't even try using the, "I'm Canadian" excuse. I've heard it before and I'll believe it when Canada is firmly under my rule.  <_<

Podmark

Just for that I'm taking over the USA...or where ever it is you live...I may as well just take over the whole world.