• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Moved/resized skoped parts problem

Started by Outcast, November 27, 2008, 08:17:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Outcast

Sometimes, when i try resizing and moving a skoped part for a mesh, the part would break away from the body for certain keyframe animations. What am i doing wrong? Is there a way to fix this?

daglob

Are you moving parts around in a mesh, or copying them from one mesh to another? I finally decided to copy parts from a duplicate of a mesh rather than try to move the pieces around. The pieces kept moving at the angles they would have if they were in their original locations. The only time this hasn't worked was when I tried some upside-down bootcuffs (on Super-Gal-she has them). I never could get the scoped cuffs to stay put.

Johnny Patches

i dont know what mesh you are use-ing for your parts. but there is a mesh by the master of versatile tommyboy
called tom_versatile_linked and the parts do not float.plus you can resize it with no problems. i dont remember where i got it might of been one of his groups or his site... hope this help.. if you cant find it pm me and if tommy dont mind me passing it out.. ;)

JKCarrier

A couple of things to check:

1) Make sure you're attaching the piece to a "Bip" node.

2) Try deleting the "NiSkinInstance" on the piece that's wandering around. When you do that, it'll probably shift over and you'll have to move it back into place, but after that it should stay put.

Outcast

Quote from: daglob on November 28, 2008, 09:00:47 AM
Are you moving parts around in a mesh, or copying them from one mesh to another?

I believe i'm trying both.

Quote from: Johnny Patches on November 28, 2008, 11:28:07 AM
i dont know what mesh you are use-ing for your parts. but there is a mesh by the master of versatile tommyboy
called tom_versatile_linked and the parts do not float.plus you can resize it with no problems. i dont remember where i got it might of been one of his groups or his site... hope this help.. if you cant find it pm me and if tommy dont mind me passing it out.. ;)

Actually, i'm trying stuff for two different meshes. One of which is Tommy's mesh. There are a lot of hidden parts and i was trying to resize one part (making it longer, thinner) using the scale vertices option but then after i did that, i saw that i needed to adjust its original position. Well, it worked when i used the original default keyframes, but when i tried another keyframe like beyonder's the part that i resized and moved would get misaligned in some animations like flight. I tried using beyonder's keyframes on the same mesh but this time i didn't resize or move any part and it works ok.

Tom_versatile _linked mesh? I'll try looking for it in his yahoo groups, i don't remember seeing it at his site. Thanks.

Quote from: JKCarrier on November 29, 2008, 07:18:12 AM
A couple of things to check:

1) Make sure you're attaching the piece to a "Bip" node.

2) Try deleting the "NiSkinInstance" on the piece that's wandering around. When you do that, it'll probably shift over and you'll have to move it back into place, but after that it should stay put.

Thanks, not yet really sure how to work with NiSkinInstance and skoping them afterwards but i'll try experimenting with it more.  :unsure: I think i just may need to do that. I once tried adjusting the wings on Thor's helmet so that you can see the wings in the front view instead of the side view (edit: kinda like the wings on She-ra's head accessory?). Then tried moving it again, adjusting its position. It looked fine in nifskope. But when i checked the character tool, i saw the wings were floating. :doh: :P

Johnny Patches

ok with tommy boys tom_versatile_linked you just connect it to the correcet bipnode
no hassle with the NiSkinInstance. resizes with no problems with a guarantee of no floating.
it has the same hidden parts just like his other versatile