• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

danger room script

Started by bearded, December 07, 2008, 02:28:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bearded

is there a tutorial for making a danger room level?  how is it compared to making a mission level, can i use mission levels in some way?
would fakemissionwin() work in the danger room?  how about pulling up the mission win hud?

GogglesPizanno

With the exception of a few extra functions handling spawning of villains, a danger room script will work just like any other mission script. Look at 'skirmish/battle.py' as a starting template for one. That's the basic run of the mill "Pick Heroes/Pick Villains fight till dead" mode.

Mission_Win() should work just like normal. It currently gets fired when all the bad guys are dead, but you could easily re-script that to have it end whenever and however you wanted.

bearded

if you have ever looked at furie's rumble script, you might notice that you never actually truly win the mission.  but he managed to pull up the hud so you can level your character.  mainly i'm just wondering if that might be possible in the danger room.  normally, i'd think not, but with the rumble script i think it might.