• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Rehosting lost mods?

Started by irrevenant2, December 07, 2008, 01:01:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irrevenant2

I've just come back to Freedom Force after a few years absence and notice that a number of the mods are on sites that are no longer there.

Since I assume that many of them are still out there on various people's hard drives somewhere, is it possible to rehost them in a new location so they aren't totally lost to the community?

[EDIT]Ah, I just found the Graveyard.  It seems to be missing quite a few mods though - are they lost forever? :([/EDIT]

catwhowalksbyhimself

I'm the guy behind the graveyard, and I have most of them, although one of my backup disks is missing, unfortunately.  I'm a big lazy though.

But since you've reminded me, I'm uploading Psiworld now.

EDIT:  That disk is missing too.  I have it around here somewhere.

EDIT 2, the sequel:  Found it

Previsionary

yay for new uploads, though I was pretty sure Life matrix (who seems to be on yet another hiatus) went out and reuploaded a few mods. I'll link you here: http://freedomreborn.net/archive/index.php?topic=48325.0  and here list of mods available

catwhowalksbyhimself

Psiworld's uploaded and will get it's own download page soon.

Good to see it is available elsewhere, but it needs a more permanent home anyway.

Megatallica

The other day i found an old disk with some old FF stuff
Just so you guys know these are the mods i have now
24Missions
AvengerMod
DCUniverse
DefenderMod
FantasticFourMod
GreatHuntMod
HeroCityMod
IronMod
JLAMod
MartianHunterMod
MarvelKnightsMod
MarvelSuperActionMod
MarvelTeamUpMod
PowerManPunodeHierroMod
SpiderManDaredevilMod
SpidermanMod
SpiderManSeriesMod
Strangers&TalesOfNavigator
Xmen_DangerRoom
ffxsquaredfull_2_3
m251-03
X-MenBeginnings

But the most exciting thing i found were some awesome subzero and scorpion skins  :thumbup:

Plus have you guys seen this http://web.archive.org/web/20041019022702/http://www.freedommods.com/spm-inline.htm

catwhowalksbyhimself

I remember that old website.  Very extensive collection of mods at one point.  Long gone now.

Megatallica

yea, but from what i remember afew of them are downloadable through the archive

bearded

Megatallica

it looks like modded versions of the game, just slightly differnt stuff

bearded

Quote from: Megatallica on December 07, 2008, 07:54:39 PM
it looks like modded versions of the game, just slightly differnt stuff
hmm...interesting.
we wants it!

Megatallica

docdelorean88

What are the spider-man ones like? Or what is the content like?

Previsionary

Spider-Man/DareDevil was a small 2 mission mod that pitted Spider-man and DD against foes like Rhino. That's all I remember of it.

Spider-Man TAS was a 1 mission mod that was medium length, iirc, that was based on the TAS of the 90s.

spider-man mod was a mod by Bearded back in his hey day. Another one level mod, but I don't think it was ever finished. So it's more of a beta.
-------

Speaking of mods, Strangers is on the list and that reminded me that Strangers/Tales of the Navigator MIGHT need to be rehosted in finished form since Dr. Mike's site died/is unavailable. Heck, FFX 2.6 for FF1 might need to be rehosted as well.

bearded

Quote from: Previsionary on December 09, 2008, 12:50:18 PM

spider-man mod was a mod by Bearded back in his hey day. Another one level mod, but I don't think it was ever finished. So it's more of a beta.
-------

Speaking of mods, Strangers is on the list and that reminded me that Strangers/Tales of the Navigator MIGHT need to be rehosted in finished form since Dr. Mike's site died/is unavailable. Heck, FFX 2.6 for FF1 might need to be rehosted as well.
hey day?  don't call it a comeback.
it's sort of an intro, more than a mission.  and i still have the story in my head.
yes, please rehost ffx 2.6 somewhere!  i've just gotten a cd of  :ff: for a co worker.
oh, and hey!  what's that random campaign mod?  from furie, does anyone have that?

catwhowalksbyhimself

FFX 2.6 can be rehosted at the new FFX project site, since we did have Mike's permission to take over FFX development and hosting.

Epimethee

Since we couldn't reach Dr. Mike last year, just in case, I made a copy of FundamentZero.com (should be mostly complete), so adding the FFX section and files should be no problem. Someone please remind me if I forget to upload it to Cat's site.

While Patriot City, due to its nature and close relationship with FFX, is probably OK too, I don't think we can host The Strangers and Tales without having a go from Dr. Mike, though. Has anyone been able to contact him recently?

DrMike2000

Do I hear my ears burning? :)

Go and host Strangers and Tales of the Navigator wherever you like.
Doing so will increase the amount of orgone in the atmosphere until it spontaneously ignites and everyone gets superpowers!!! IN REAL LIFE!!!! You have always known this to be a fact....   

Fundament Zero has expired a few weeks ago, and Im still deciding whether to pay them to keep hosting my stuff, so if anyone else wants to host them Im more than happy for that to happen.

I can always be contacted here as I drift in and out every now and then, or failing that drop me a line at drmikecooper at internode dot on dot net.

BentonGrey

Whatever happens, we CAN'T let those mods be unavailable.  They are simply too awesome. 

Great to see you again Dr.Mike!  When you going to do that Strangers comic we talked about a zillion years ago...I need more King Zero in my life! :D

catwhowalksbyhimself

I've just offered to take the entire fundament zero site, and have sent that offer to drmike by pm.

Barring that, I'd be more than happy to host the mods themselves.

EDIT:  It looks like fundament zero will go back up as part of the freedom force forever family.  I'm personally quite happy with this development.

Epimethee

Hourray for Dr. Mike and Cat!

AfghanAnt

It is really good to see you back Dr Mike.  :)

DrMike2000

Good to see you guys too :)

Fundament Zero is back up and running by the way, I finally got my ISP to recognise my weird Aussie credit card. Oddly enough the same one I paid for it with initially...

Whatever. I'll do the upload to Cat's site, since f0 may go down again in May if I decide to no longer keep it going myself. And its important that Strangers and Navigator are kept somewhere, so they can inspire a team of 30th century teens to dress up in spandex 1000 years from now.