• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Patriot City

Started by Tekkarath, December 10, 2008, 07:27:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tekkarath

Okay, so I got Patcity installed finally, but whenever I switch to PatCity data folder in FFX Control Center it crashes on me.  What do I need to do to use my custom abilites and whatnot in PatCity?

I would work on this myself but I need to leave for work... now.

Any input on the subject is appreciated.  I'll be working on it myself tonight once I get off work.  I'll check back in some amount of hours.

I basically just want to be able to use all the custom FFX stuff in pat city.

Thanks,
- Tek

GogglesPizanno

I'm trying to remember the specifics, but I believe that Patriot City is still built on the old FFX3.0. If I'm remembering the warnings correctly the control center will crash when you try and switch the dropdown to a mod that has a different FFX version. Try moving your recent FFX directory to somewhere outside of the FF folder so that Patriot City is the only FFX enabled mod and run the control center again. Once everything has been branded, you can move the FFX folder back again.

One of the FFX devs can probably be more detailed, but I think that should fix the problem.

Tekkarath

Considering that I've been brought up on computers, that sounds exactly like the kind of redundant thing that would work. 

I'll give it a shot as soon as... well.. I feel like it.  Long day at work so I'm setting the comp. work aside to read some comics and relax.  I'll report my findings back tomorrow night probably.

Thanks for the input.
- Tek

catwhowalksbyhimself

Another work around is to temporarily rename the mod folder so that it's the first folder.  Putting a 1 in front worked for me.