• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

4rth edition dnd

Started by bearded, December 15, 2008, 05:41:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bearded

anybody playing, got stories? opinions, rants welcome.
i just got the core set, considering it...

steamteck

Only story I've got is not a happy one for 4th edition. My daughter's 3rd edition group bought the core book. Spent 3 days trying to wrap their heads around. Nobody really got it including the GMs. My daughter ( 18 year old) grabbed my HERO system stuff. They made characters. She bought her own  HERO book and they're now playing HERO and an occasional 3rd edition DnD

Rick Battlemage

Me and my friends play it, I'm the DM and we've only played 4 times (I guess combined about +-12 hrs) and the party is only lvl2, so far we had a lot of fun. I don't find a lot of it confusing at all, maybe it's because I (and all of my friends) never played any previous versions.

So far we we played the story of kobold hall from the DM's manual to get everyone into the game.

Some good moments.... hrm... I remember one of my players climbed on wall and dropped into a room with 2 drakes.
There's also the usual "I cast light on Timmy and hide" kind of nonsense.

lugaru

I dont play anymore but I'm always still interested so I took a look at the books and they look pretty decent. They added a bunch of things to the game that I use in my own system so I felt a little flattered, not that they copied me but that the ideas of professional game writers where similar to mine.

steamteck

Quote from: lugaru on December 16, 2008, 03:31:06 AM
I dont play anymore but I'm always still interested so I took a look at the books and they look pretty decent. They added a bunch of things to the game that I use in my own system so I felt a little flattered, not that they copied me but that the ideas of professional game writers where similar to mine.

That must feel pretty cool.