• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

The Six Million Dollar Wrestling Thread

Started by Midnight, June 20, 2008, 11:51:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ares_God_of_War

They appearently released Trevor Murdoch from his contract. I heard he was supposed to continue his singing gimick. I wonder what happened to that.

Midnight

Quote from: Ares_God_of_War on July 03, 2008, 05:54:34 PM
They appearently released Trevor Murdoch from his contract. I heard he was supposed to continue his singing gimick. I wonder what happened to that.

It was a trash gimmick?

Ares_God_of_War

Holy crap I cant believe they made Mike Adamle the GM of RAW. So I wonder who will take over announcing on ECW. I am assuming Ross and King will be RAW and Cole will go back to Smackdown

Failed_Hero

Good Chance OMG!!!!! Joey Styles will be coming home to ECW.  Mike Adamle, may now actually be worth his 300,000 play check.  *snaps back to reality* Nope.

Midnight

I love the crowd reaction upon the announcement. The air came right out of the audience; the familiar sound of nobody caring.

Midnight

Wow. With Adamle out from behind the announce table, ECW was significantly more enjoyable. I really really hope they pull the title off Mark Henry and start a program between Hardy and Miz/Morrison/Chavo/Knox. Henry is just too damn big to actually work a match with any of the faces on ECW.

Ares_God_of_War

I was kind of sad it wasnt Styles but you are right it is alot better without Adamle.

Hardy is one of my fav's and I hope he does win.

I have never been a fan of Henry but he is more enjoyable with Atlas managing him.

thanoson

sigh  they released Cherry. This was the diva I was hoping wasn't going to get canned. But with Duece and Domino broken up, and Domino axed, the writing was on the wall. This is the reason I liked her. She wasn't a girl that looked like a stripper or worked at Hooters. She was a slightly plump girl with an innocent face. And when I mean plump, she was probably a size 8. That is small, but compared to the rest of the skinny divas, she was a cow. I liked her because she was Different. Just like Nidia and just like Mickie James.

Midnight

Colt Cabana and Spanky in a WWE ring. Gotta love it.

thanoson

Umm.... CM Punk got screwed. However, Chris Jericho FTW!!! Wow, wow, wow!!! Didn't see that at all. Big Show turn was kinda obvious. However, did he call Vickie baby? Please tell me I don't have to watch them kiss with their huge heads?

GhostMachine

It is idiotic that Jericho got Punk's spot in the Scramble, considering he got his butt handed to him by HBK earlier in the show. I like Jericho, but am not happy about how he got the title, as it was stupid. However, I'm betting he has a short reign, with either Punk getting the belt back or Orton winning it (in a triple threat) at the next PPV, unless they do a swerve with Punk reclaiming the belt on tv.

Ares_God_of_War

I am glad that Jericho has it. I like Punk but didn't like the title on him. If Jericho loses the title I doubt it will be to Punk because from what I am hearing they want a lengthy program between Punk and Orton when he gets back and unless they want to do a Punk vs Jericho till Orton gets back.

*edit* Woot to Matt Hardy grabbing the ECW title :)

Ares_God_of_War

I am enjoying Randy Orton more and more these last few Raws

*edit* For that special Campion vs Champion vs Champion match on Smackdown for the MyNetwork TV I am going to bet it will be HHH beating Matt Hardy

ubergreendragon

Though there isnt much talk about TNA on here but Mick Foley is making his debut on Impact this thursday night . Havent seen him since that last attack from Edge before his match with the Undertaker
guess we know why he hasnt been around. Not sure if he will be a wrestler ,commentator, manager i thought he wrestling days were behind him but i guess he ran out of books to write.

Ares_God_of_War

I watch TNA some. Yeah it will be interesting to see what he does

thanoson

Heh heh. This is great.

» Reported by Adam Martin of WrestleView.com
» On Tuesday, December 9, 2008 at 4:11 PM EST

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In a story that might be hard to believe, PWInsider's Mike Johnson is reporting that during WWE's tour of Iraq last week retired WWE announcer and current WWE.com personality Joey Styles punched out former WWE Champion JBL during an altercation between the two. The punch busted JBL open under the eye according to reports.

As the story was explained, JBL made Styles somewhat of a hazing target during the trip as it was Styles' first tour of Iraq with WWE. Reports indicate that JBL was trying to bully Styles with many condescending comments and actions, including spilling a drink on Styles on purpose. Of course, this is not uncommon with JBL as he is known for pulling things like this with many performers and many simply deal with it because he has political stroke as a result of being a veteran.

Apparently a few days into the tour JBL, who many said had been drinking, did something that caused Styles to retaliate physically in defense. A number of wrestlers reportedly stepped in to hold the two apart. When JBL broke free, he went towards Styles and Styles is said to have nailed JBL with a pretty good shot according to one witness, laying out JBL, busting him open and blackening his eye. There were said to be no further incidents between Styles and JBL on the tour after that.

A few WWE sources have described the incident as karma coming back to JBL for his antics in the past with former Smackdown talent Palmer Cannon (who quit WWE during a European tour as a result of JBL's antics) as well as the very well known incident at the 2005 ECW One Night Stand PPV where JBL took it upon himself to take out The Blue Meanie during the closing brawl of the PPV. The incident between Styles and JBL was said to be talked about quite a bit at last night's Raw taping in Philadelphia, with many becoming amazed at hearing the story. JBL was described as acting completely subdued at the taping, which is something out of the ordinary for him as he more than likely knew the story was making the rounds. Styles was attempting to downplay the incident to those who brought it up to him. The general feeling was that it was considered doubly embarrassing for JBL since he was one of the main people involved with setting up the Iraq tours. The incident has now been coined by some in the company as the "Iraq Punchout." 

MJB

*sticks his head into the thread*

I am no fan of wrestling but I used to be. I remember Joey Styles and JBL's old persona "Bradshaw". The thought of Styles laying Bradshaw out is just plain effin' hilarious.

-MJB

GhostMachine

The WWE's annual release-o-rama has been going on for a while, and I find it hard to believe they've released Stevie Richards and Snitsky (who really should have just been taken off tv until his hair grew back then repackaged), yet Boogeyman still has a job.