• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Any real advantage to Windows Vista ?

Started by stumpy, February 19, 2007, 06:59:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Previsionary

Quote from: cmdrkoenig67 on September 23, 2008, 09:19:39 PM
Another issue I've noticed is when using FFEdit2...I open a mission and begin working on a map (it doesn't matter which one), after an unknown ammount of time (the time seems to vary)...It won't let me edit the map any further (I can open it, but I can't add things, select or move things...I can delete things in the Edit control panel, though...Weird).  This problem persists, and even though I close the Editor and re-open, it won't let me edit my map.  A few hours later or the next day when I open FFEdit, it let's me edit the map once again. 

Some things just tend to stop working (I even get the warning, that the program has stopped working and that is looking for a solution)...My DDS converter also only allows me to convert one file at a time (on WinXP, it let me convert multiple files) and it sometimes doesn't want to work at all. 

Both of these worked just fine for me on my old WinXP.   Those are the issues I can recall right now...There may have been more, that I can't think of at the moment.  :angry:

Dana

Haven't experienced any of that. Everything I've used (ctool, ffedit, map editor) have all worked without a hitch and havent crashed yet. The map problem of it locking up and such is more than likely a system error. I left mine open for about an error and was able to still play around with objects and such. Maybe I'm just ubah lucky? ^^

cmdrkoenig67

Yeah...I still have the map-locking issue, I have no idea why it does it...I thought it was Vista, since I never encountered the issue on my old XP.

Dana  :banghead:

|