• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Holy Mesh, Batman!

Started by eduardoregis, December 18, 2008, 05:33:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eduardoregis

Hi guys, I´m having a weird trouble. Hope any of you can help me...
I have the following meshes installed in my :ffvstr: : Batman_gren, Batmanv2_Ink, and Batman_1940_TMB hex-edited mesh
And something very strange is going on..sometimes (almost always to be exact), those meshes simply dont load the skin! Ate least the male_basic, the extras (like the cape and belt) are ok...so...I have the unpleasent surprise to see a batman almost entirely pink in my screen....how can this be?
Cheers
Ed

GogglesPizanno

This happens when you are missing one of the refection or glow skins.
so in your skin folder their should be something like "male_basic_glow.tga" or "male_basic_refl.tga"
If they aren't there then it draws the pink "missing texture" texture.

You can either copy an existing blank one (all black) from another skin and rename it or just create your own all black square tga file -- sized in a multiple of 2 (like 32x32, 64x64 etc...).

JKCarrier

Go ahead and try what Goggles suggested first. Couldn't hurt. But in my experience, a missing glow or refl file will turn the mesh white, not pink. A pink mesh means the main texture is either missing or (more likely) isn't rendering properly. This is a known bug with  :ffvstr: and usually happens when you have a lot of meshes onscreen at the same time, and/or meshes that have a lot of separate textures (capes, extras, etc). If that is your problem, the only way I know to fix it is to convert the skin files from .TGA to .DDS. DDS files are smaller, and apparently easier for the game engine to display.

Good luck!

eduardoregis

Thanks a lot for the advices, guys!
I´ve tryied what JKcarrier suggested and it worked just fine!

Cheers