• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Twilight Corps RPG

Started by Sword, January 31, 2007, 07:10:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Uncle Yuan

Time for me to add to the mayhem.  Facing an unopposed robot I turn the air around it into tar, and use my TK to jam it into any crack, oriface, or joint I can.

Sword

(fairly excellent Yuan. A three card stunt for you:
13   6
8   7
13   7 You have just created the La Brea Robot. Nice work.)

Dweomer Knight

To my morgothic:  "Let's see if we can sneak into that warehouse without alerting the drones.  Can you manage that?"

If my morgothic thinks he can sneak in, I'll go Camo and try to enter by following the demons.

If the morgothic doesn't think he can sneak in, I'll ask if he somes means to distract the drones.  If so, I'll follow the same plan and once the drones are distracted, he can try and enter through a side or top window, an air vent, or lacking any other option the front door.

If he doesn't think he can do either of those things I'll say "Get ready for it." and we'll just boldly stroll in behind the demons maintaining an air of people who belong there.

DK

Sword

Well, there seems to be a brawl underway. The warehouse is wide open.

Uncle Yuan

Exxxelent, Smithers! I pause briefly to bring my hands up in front of me and press my finger tips together.  And as my rather bawdy Granny used to say, "Anything worth doing is worth doing again."  Since these robots don't currently seem to be giving us much problem, I'll repeat the process with the next one.  Then for style, I will immediately transform a unit of air into feathers, squoshing them into the tar encasing Robot #2.

Sword

(4 Jack
8 Jack
7 10) The robot evades.

Umbral: You find something that scares the pant off you. "Delta: Omega Procedure Completed March 5th. Mental Conditioning begins March 8th."

Dweomer Knight

(Crap, and no time to put pants back on either.)

Stealth is forgotten.  "Let's go!", I say to my 'Gothic and I charge into the warehouse.

DK

Sword

What you find is up there.^

Uncle Yuan

Crud. Oh, well . . . I begin chasing the evading robot with a cloud of tar (the feathers I would not have done until the tar was finished).

Lord Elcorion

still kickboxing robots, if i notice jack, i'll sculpt an iron band over his mouth to prevent him from speaking, and encase his hands and feet in solid iron blocks that are attached to the nearest flat surface, be it a wall or the floor. heck, i'll just encase him in solid iron from the neck down.

Sword

Green: either you're getting tired, or somebody tricked out that robot.
You on the left, Bot on the right:
6   13
4   1
7   13. As you keep chasing the robot, it turns to face. "Stop! I'm not one of his robots! I'm an Omega!"

Shadow: you on the left, Jack on the right.
3   3
3   4
12   10
13   10 You win the round and Jack is encased in iron from the neck down. You did remember to leave enough space in the iron for him to breathe, didn't you?

Dweomer Knight

(Tries to make sense of the confusion going on around him.  Okay, I recognize the Twilight Corps, I recognize the morgothics, and I recognize the others from the event at the dam the other day.  I'll assume everyone else is a bad guy.)

"Let's go!"' I say to the 'Gothic.  I'll pick out the nearest Bad Guy and go Kung-Fu fighting on him (Cuz this cat's fast as lightining, and even though it might be little frightening, I've got expert timing  :cool:).  If nobody's close enough I'll grab a girder, beam, steel rod or something along those lines and I'll do some whacking.

I'm assuming my morgothic is intelligent enough to analyze the situation here and doesn't need me to direct his every move.

DK

Lord Elcorion

Quote from: Sword on March 08, 2007, 03:43:06 AM
6   13
4   1
7   13. As you keep chasing the robot, it turns to face. "Stop! I'm not one of his robots! I'm an Omega!"

Shadow: you on the left, Jack on the right.
3   3
3   4
12   10
13   10 You win the round and Jack is encased in iron from the neck down. You did remember to leave enough space in the iron for him to breathe, didn't you?
yes, he can breath, just not speak or wiggle any of his appendages.

Uncle Yuan

Quote from: Sword on March 08, 2007, 03:43:06 AM
6   13
4   1

I pase a moment and give him a shifty look.  "But whose Omega are you?" I croak.

Sword

Umbral: You join the throwdown at the same time that Punchout and Dawnstrider fly in. Your 'gothic is ripiing through Jack's robots.
Shadow: More heroes are joining the fray. You note that Punchout has created a sheath of light around Dawnstrider so she she can fight at full power and something he calls the Mighty Squawking Penguinzord.
Green: A blast of red light surrounds the Omega and he returns to normal. "Adam Byron. Omega-name: Roulette. SAINT asked me to help track down Jack." He looks over his shoulder. "Even though it may look like Jack, you can't be certain. Understudy can and will replace him if the need be."

Dweomer Knight

Quote from: Sword on March 09, 2007, 04:25:01 AM
Umbral: You join the throwdown at the same time that Punchout and Dawnstrider fly in. [snip] You note that Punchout has created a sheath of light around Dawnstrider so she she can fight at full power and something he calls the Mighty Squawking Penguinzord.

(Teeth grinding...so loud...hard to concentrate...)

I'll try to work my way over to Dawnstrider and help her in any way possible.  In fact, unless I genuinely feel I'll be in Dawnstrider's way, nothing will stop me from doing so.

(Teeth still grinding...Punchout ugly...gums starting to hurt...)

DK

Sword

(GM Note: My that's mature.)
Dawn is perfectly capable of fighting by herself and thanks you and punchout for the help. She rushes over near Shadow and starts throwing down with Cyclone style martial arts.
Meanwhile, youfind yourself back to back with Punchout.
"I know you don't like me, but can we work together on this?" He blasts a robot to shrapnel that had leapt up from your left.

Dweomer Knight

(OOC: Yes, I have a psychological weakness that causes Umbral to act in a not so mature manner; sometimes very much so.)

I'll use Kung-Fu on the nearest enemy, doing as Punchout suggests, without actually acknowledging him.

DK

Sword

You and Punchout keep up the beating. Yet as you fight, Frostbite walks up to Smiling Jack and holds an icy dagger against the host's cheek. The robots stop moving. All combatants soon follow suit.
With the ice dagger in place, the ironclad carnie's face melts. The image is replaced by that of a woman. It's the understudy.
Frostbite smiles at her. "Why jack, you've done something new with your hair. Where is he?"
"Why should I tell you philistines?"

Lord Elcorion

becuase if you don't, i'll send you into a hell so terrible, the only thing you'll get to see is shakesphere parodies done by drunken oragatangs dressed in pink tutus while "it's a small world" plays on infinate repeat in the background.

Sword

Understudy blinks andlooks over at Shadow's Morgothic. "Your friend certainly has a way with words. Jack is heading to Heron's Dojo. The Omega procedure is nearing completion at the greek facility... Jack is recruiting all the "villains" who are not actively associated with Pendragon to go for a rescue operation."

Sword

Corrigan(From the PALS thread) Rawk Squawk Rawk!
:sword What my friend here means is, where is everybody? I didn't intend for the revelation to be the last part of the game.

No matter though. I have some new rules, and a few interesting ideas for a longer running campaign:
Idea 1) Fallen From Favor: Characters are heroes or villains who blew it, and have to work their way up
Idea 2) Gone with the Gate: Everyone believes that the one hundred died. In truth, the pulls of other realities outweighed the pull of their home reality. Now they are on earth like planets with different conditions: One could be a planet where every spoken word changes reality. Another could be a steampunk world set in a city in the clouds. Players are the missing 100.
Idea 3) To Topple a Tyrant: Villains whose sole mission is to bring down Pendragon however possible.
Idea 4) Heron's Hope: Villains who must rescue Tsume Otome, the Heron, before her mind can be overwritten.
Idea 5) Power Plus: Characters who survive the second Omega incident, with no knowledge of the Sunset Omegas.

Those who want to play this second round, post here and choose two of the above campaigns that you would enjoy running. On April 9th I'll tally up the votes and run the winning scenario the next day. That gives me time to write up the adventures.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/q8t1o2 There are some new powers and new rules about Boost/Sabotage cards in there.

|