News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

VPMAX in 2017!

Started by crimsonquill, December 23, 2008, 01:26:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

electro

QuoteI think Vision is more "human" than that, if you get my point: he's capable of showing some kind of emotion. He was in love with Scarlet Witch after all, who reciprocated the feeling. Besides, I don't think Wanda would fall for him if he would sound like a Sentinel. Don't take this the wrong way, but I cannot sense any emotion at all with that pitch.

Vision's voice always sounds boring to me in my head - To me he just sounds like a human who has zero personality kinda like Data on Star Trek Next Generation - Not the kinda guy you want to invite to a party :blink:

crimsonquill

Quote from: electro on February 23, 2009, 05:13:43 AM
QuoteI think Vision is more "human" than that, if you get my point: he's capable of showing some kind of emotion. He was in love with Scarlet Witch after all, who reciprocated the feeling. Besides, I don't think Wanda would fall for him if he would sound like a Sentinel. Don't take this the wrong way, but I cannot sense any emotion at all with that pitch.

Vision's voice always sounds boring to me in my head - To me he just sounds like a human who has zero personality kinda like Data on Star Trek Next Generation - Not the kinda guy you want to invite to a party :blink:

Vision had the mental imprint of Wonder Man which gave him a very unique personality as he learned how to deal with the emotions given to him and understand his own place in the world. After his mind was erased then he developed his own personality slowly but never regained the emotional connections that he had before. Of course some emotion has returned to Vision currently because of the mental imprints left in Iron Lad's (aka Kang) armor and the fact that memories from his old Avengers life are returning from his data being restored by the suit's futuristic computer (at least that is how Bendis is explaining it).

- CQ
"He said let there be light... CLICK! It was a lightbulb. And It was good."

Gremlin

Quote from: electro on February 23, 2009, 05:13:43 AM

I'd want Data at MY party. Seriously.

If you're still up for War Machine stuff, CQ, I think the Space Helment sound works well. I also like Sledge's radio effects. And Vision sounds cool, but the effect is a little too much. Whether or not his voice has personality, I think it needs a little less effect on it overall. He's a pretty advanced android; I don't think he'd sound that overly synthesized.

Sledgehammer

Quote from: Sledgehammer on February 20, 2009, 02:55:56 PM
Quote from: crimsonquill on February 20, 2009, 01:27:24 PM
Oh, Sledge is it possible to get rid of the metallic distortion on MUA's Iron Man voice pack? It's great for his armored sound but since I have a Tony Stark mesh for the Rumble Room I don't want him to talk like he has one of those electric voice boxes stuck to his throat in business meetings.. if you know what I mean. Any ideas?  :unsure:

I'll check it out, but I don't guarantee you anything. It's clearly easier to add reverbs and effects than to remove them. Usually, when you try to eliminate some reverb, the voice ends up too hollow and non-human, without emotion. I'll see what I can do with my Sound Editor...

As I feared, it's impossible (at least for me) to remove the reverb from Iron Man. I'm not satisfied with my results, and you can still notice the metallic aura of his voice anyway. Sorry, CQ, but it exceeds my voice editing knowledge.

Gremlin

Have you considered a Tony Stark/Iron Man VP from Robert Downey Jr. voice clips?

crimsonquill

Quote from: Sledgehammer on February 23, 2009, 07:47:27 PM
As I feared, it's impossible (at least for me) to remove the reverb from Iron Man. I'm not satisfied with my results, and you can still notice the metallic aura of his voice anyway. Sorry, CQ, but it exceeds my voice editing knowledge.

Thanks for trying, Sledge.. On to Plan B..

Quote from: Gremlin on February 23, 2009, 09:24:36 PM
Have you considered a Tony Stark/Iron Man VP from Robert Downey Jr. voice clips?

That has been Plan B for me as far as Tony Stark is concerned.. Robert has done lots of movies so assembling voice clips to make a suitable voice pack shouldn't be too hard a task. After all I'm doing that with Samuel L. Jackson for Nick Fury..

Iron Man never spoke much in the first movie and I'm looking at the Iron Man Movie game as a possibility for getting voice pack material even if I have to record it while playing the game without sound but voices. At least it will give me something to work with until Iron Man 2 comes out in the theater.

- CQ

Krieger_Bratwurst

Have you considered making a single VPMAX for those of us new to it? It's a bit insane to have to install all of that in order for a first time user.

crimsonquill

Quote from: Krieger_Bratwurst on May 01, 2009, 02:16:40 AM
Have you considered making a single VPMAX for those of us new to it? It's a bit insane to have to install all of that in order for a first time user.

I know I posted this awhile back buuuuut...

Quote from: crimsonquill on February 20, 2009, 04:37:05 AM
I decided to take all of Sledge's newest DC voices and my MUA PSP voice packs to finish up v1 of VPMAX with my newest update...

A auto-installer version of V1 that will FINALLY simplify installing VPMAX for those who have not ventured into trying it yet because manually installing and merging dats just makes your teeth grind upon thinking about it. The only thing I fear is the complete size of all of the smaller updates squeezed into one package because low speed users might shy away from downloading it. And I am wondering if the Clickteam installer would be the best program to use...  :wacko:

Offline family stuff has delayed my autoinstall version a bit.. but I promise that a FINAL release will be available quite soon..

- CQ

crimsonquill

And the dynamite goes BOOM!  :banghead:

After months of work and finally getting ready to release... bad luck sends a pack of bloodthirsty gremlins to attack my PC. Last Saturday (5-23), I wake up to find my PC had crashed with the "blue screen of doom" and after some quick thinking and disassembling of my PC I discover that my main harddrive was toast (it was knocking and definitly unable to be reformatted) so I waited until Tuesday's paycheck to get a new one (twice-as-big at half the price.. LOVE IT!). Just restore it and all is good in the world, right?

Nope, After spending all day and night Wensday getting my PC back up and running... Thursday morning I get online to look for a program for a friend and a damn #@$@#$ virus backdoors it's way into my system. It was a trojan that carried the fabled WinBlueSoft and a Recycler virus so within less time then it took for me to figure out what was happening.. ALL of my drives were infected and filled up with garbage then went offline. 3 drives and 2 external drives of everything I had not backed up on CD/DVD-ROMs were gone.. which included not only my main VPMAX work but the backups I had on a external USB flash drive that I had (like an idiot plugged into the infected system) because it had a anti-virus/anti-spyware checker on it too. So, Friday I had to borrow a spare harddrive from a tech friend and then used his disk eraser program to complete wipe out my infected drives.. and yesterday I rebuilt everything from the ground up.  :blink:

Welp, back as square one as they say... so I'm downloading my own VPMAX files off here and hunting down the editing software I need to rebuild my workstation for voice pack making. And then it's back to putting my nose to the grindstone all over again..  :thumbdown:

- CrimsonQuill

tommyboy

Bad luck, I hope you can get back to where you were without too much pain.
"Thursday morning I get online to look for a program for a friend.."
What's that saying about "no good deed goes unpunished"?

BentonGrey

Oh no!  CQ, I'm so sorry to hear that.  I know how incredibly frustrating that can be.  Sorry man, I hope that it hadn't been TOO long since you uploaded your work.  Still, I know how many little things can be lost in an event like that.  Sorry man. :(
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Gremlin

There is absolutely no proof that I or any of my people had anything to do with your crash and find your attacks degrading and insulting.

Seriously though, that royally bites. I'm sorry, dude. I hope you're able to get it all taken care of!

stumpy

Sorry to hear that, CQ. My old laptop (my main PC) went down Friday with a bad power connection on the motherboard. Some googling had me worried that there was no fix, aside from replacing the MB, which I wasn't going to do for a five-year-old PC, even assuming I could get one. Fortunately, I grabbed my multimeter and found that it was fixable with a little solder and several very nervous moments of me looking at a pile of disassembled parts, considering the odds of getting it all back together before taking apart the next piece, and then thinking, "In for a penny, in for a pound."  :unsure:

Still, I was lucky; since it wasn't a hard drive thing, my data wasn't at risk. It doubly sucks that you lost stuff that you actually were a diligent user and backed up. In a just world, there is a special ring of the inferno for jerks who deliberately destroy others' data just for amusement. :thumbdown:

Voice packs are a great addition to the game. I hope it isn't too painful getting VPMAX (and your other stuff) back in working order.
Courage is knowing it might hurt, and doing it anyway. Stupidity is the same. And that's why life is hard. - Jeremy Goldberg

blah

where is the version for  :ff:?

crimsonquill

Quote from: blah on August 29, 2009, 07:30:27 AM
where is the version for  :ff:?

It's funny.. you would think that someone would check the first post in a thread. Anyway, for your convenience:

VPMAX is a sound collection for  :ffvstr: ONLY  and features many sounds from the EZVoice Pack and recent work done by myself and Sledgehammer from numberous sources (i.e. Marvel Ultimate Alliance and Justice League Heroes, but that is just the start..).

There is no version for :ff: because I don't use the original game anymore.. now you could take my base sound files and add them into the original game manually with some minor tweaks. But I am starting over myself because of the hard drive lost I had awhile back.. and personal stuff has pretty much kept me offline since my last update.

Hopefully I will next stuff organized and be back up to full speed quite soon.

- CQ

cmdrkoenig67

Cripes!  I regret to hear of the computer crash and burn, CQ...I hope things work out okay for you.  Best of luck.

Dana

crimsonquill

Since Marvel and DC are both on a wave of resurrecting the dead lately  :mjboo.. it must be catching because I am dusting off my thread to announce the return of VPMAX!  :yipee

It took me forever to rebuild my tools to start making voice packs again and Sledgehammer vanished once again (along with his website as well) which didn't help motivate me since he liked to nudge me along if I got too distracted. oooohh.. shiney.. *wanders off*

Oops..I'm back *cough* so anyway, since I lost everything I was working on for my v1.6 version.. that WILL be the next update to come (which should include all of Sledge's last updates and the MUA PSP voice packs I was just finishing up). I'm hoping to get it all done before the holidays are over.. but it might show up in the new year if my weekends keep being interrupted by family holiday events that drag me away from my computer.

- CrimsonQuill

deano_ue

if i can help in anyway let me know. will it be installed the same way or are you going to go for a different route

crimsonquill

Quote from: the_ultimate_evil on December 01, 2009, 10:30:10 PM
if i can help in anyway let me know. will it be installed the same way or are you going to go for a different route

VPMAXv1.6 will be in the standard format but I will rush out (once I figure out which self-installer program to use) a special giant version (it will be pretty damn big - last I checked all voices added together was around 265 MB up to v1.5 alone) that should make those that hated manually installing voices very happy but upset those that hate waiting for long downloads.

- CQ

detourne_me

Quote from: crimsonquill on December 02, 2009, 10:37:47 AM
Quote from: the_ultimate_evil on December 01, 2009, 10:30:10 PM

VPMAXv1.6 will be in the standard format but I will rush out (once I figure out which self-installer program to use) a special giant version (it will be pretty damn big - last I checked all voices added together was around 265 MB up to v1.5 alone) that should make those that hated manually installing voices very happy but upset those that hate waiting for long downloads.

- CQ

This will be perfect!  I'm a lazy bum, and i don't mind large downloads. Thank you Crimson Quill!

laughing paradox

I concur with DM... a large file to download with a self-installer would be perfect.

Zetor

Eyall,

I still have all of the voicepacks that used to be on VoxForce on my HD, and will gladly send any missing ones to aid the effort. However, the voice IDs are probably a bit... err... outdated by now, the 'packs were created back in 2002.  :P

Here is the complete VoxForce list I have right now:female_adventurer
female_arrogant
female_astrologist
female_berserker
female_british
female_cheery
female_easternaccent_fatalistic
female_easygoing
female_irish_rogue
female_philosopher
female_practical
female_psychotic
female_russian_assassin
female_scary_german
female_shifty
female_southern_belle
female_survivalist
female_swedish_burly
female_valiant
female_warrior
female_wild
male_android
male_armored_judge
male_assassin
male_aussie
male_biker
male_british
male_cool_dude
male_crazy
male_dark_exorcist
male_deadpan
male_druid
male_dumb
male_dwarf
male_french_hunter
male_godfather
male_goon
male_henchman
male_hitman
male_intellectual_mage
male_italian_hitman
male_knifer
male_mage_deepvoice
male_monk
male_necromancer
male_philosopher
male_pro_mercenary
male_psycho
male_quixotic
male_snakeman
male_sneak
male_soldier
male_soldier_authoritative
male_surfer
male_thief
male_very_evil
male_warrior
If any of these are missing / anyone wants them, feel free to post or shoot me a PM!

Take care,

-- Z.
(wow, has it been 6 years? 8 if we count the ezboard + crave forums as well...  that's gotta be a testament for the community's longevity. For Freedom!  :ff:)
VoxForce -- Ye Olde Voicepacke Collectione
Anachroforce -- Ambitious Mods 'R Us (old old beta version)
CoH: @Zaphir (Check out my Architect missions!)

Xenolith

Looking forward to the self installer.  I'm challenged when it comes to manipulation of .dats and all that stuff.

Nik_33

If I use this in the FFX3, the attributes break down  :huh:

freegentile

Hey, crimsonquill & Sledge, thank you for putting all of this together. What talented dudes you are. For Sir Crimson of Quill...wanted to run this by you & the community...I was tacking on some individual custom voices & noticed some issues w/ Hulk. The instructions in the VPMAX directory for his voice looks like it's for FF. I'm using FFVTTR in this case. I plugged everything in as normal, but the one quirk is that when I go to Characters in the game, then Hulk's Info tab, I can pick VOICE_HULK, in this instance, & he says something Hulk-ish like "You want me?" or "Ugh", but I don't see VOICE_HULK. Additionally, he has no voice in-game. I have tried this in a couple of different FFVTTR mods & it does the same each time. I did note that the voice files weren't in a directory like "sh_hulk", so I even changed each line of the speech text to reflect that, generated the language files again, & still same. Only thing I haven't done is remove the voice_hulk character & template I created from FFEdit & recreate them. Anyway, just figured I'd see if it's a FF vs. FFVTTR thing. If so, do you all have a Hulk voice pack for FFVTTR?

freegentile

To clarify, VOICE_HULK is in the drop down, but after you pick it, it isn't in the field. Normally, when you pick a voice, it shows what you picked & you hear a quote from the character.

crimsonquill

Quote from: freegentile on January 19, 2010, 04:09:35 PM
Hey, crimsonquill & Sledge, thank you for putting all of this together. What talented dudes you are. For Sir Crimson of Quill...wanted to run this by you & the community...I was tacking on some individual custom voices & noticed some issues w/ Hulk. The instructions in the VPMAX directory for his voice looks like it's for FF. I'm using FFVTTR in this case. I plugged everything in as normal, but the one quirk is that when I go to Characters in the game, then Hulk's Info tab, I can pick VOICE_HULK, in this instance, & he says something Hulk-ish like "You want me?" or "Ugh", but I don't see VOICE_HULK. Additionally, he has no voice in-game. I have tried this in a couple of different FFVTTR mods & it does the same each time. I did note that the voice files weren't in a directory like "sh_hulk", so I even changed each line of the speech text to reflect that, generated the language files again, & still same. Only thing I haven't done is remove the voice_hulk character & template I created from FFEdit & recreate them. Anyway, just figured I'd see if it's a FF vs. FFVTTR thing. If so, do you all have a Hulk voice pack for FFVTTR?

The Hulk voice was a quick one made for a FF mod and only has like 10 to 12 sayings in it if I remember and always has been a bit buggy. I have been planning to replace it with an all new pack sampled from the MUA Gold edition of the game where Hulk was added as a character. Unfortunitly the Gold edition came out for the XBOX360 which I don't have and Sledgehammer had promised me that Hulk and Venom were both planned packs of his once he picked up the game. Since he has gone MIA I'm pretty much hoping that the Marvel Mod community will sample it and I can use their clips myself.

- CQ

Tomato

Quote from: crimsonquill on January 19, 2010, 06:30:36 PM
Since he has gone MIA I'm pretty much hoping that the Marvel Mod community will sample it and I can use their clips myself.

- CQ

I thought they had for the Official Characters mod... Or is that a custom pack?

crimsonquill

Quote from: Tomato on January 19, 2010, 07:42:46 PM
I thought they had for the Official Characters mod... Or is that a custom pack?

They have added Hulk sounds to MUA with that Mod but they are sampled from other Hulk games so far. Even the Venom voice is sampled from the Spider-Man PS1 game (yeah, it's THAT old) . I'm just guessing that modders are just limited because they don't own a hacked XBOX360 to get the files directly or taken time to play the game with all sound off but voices to collect all the quotes from these characters.

However Venom and Hulk are included in MUA2 but I have not gotten my copy for my Wii or PS2 yet.. but I hear they are far more limited in content then the PS3/XBOX360 versions.  <_<

- CQ

Tomato

I have PS3 versions of MUA 1 and 2, though I don't know how much good they'll do... almost everything PS3 MUA 1 has is on the PC version anyway(which is 50 times easier), and from what I've heard VV completely changed how MUA2 is for the next gen versions. It's blue ray too, and my comp isn't properly equipped... may have to get an iso, meh.

Edit: while I'm thinking about it, I'm going through and packing up a bunch of the XMLII packs I sent... have you already gone through any yourself or should I just go down the list