News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

What've you skoped lately?

Started by Blkcasanova247, December 24, 2008, 08:01:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blkcasanova247

You do really great work Bevo but as a rule of thumb you should "always" do a readme that gives credit to the creators. Please know I'm not dog piling here but doing this will just save you some grief down the road. ;)
I can't help it that I look so good baby! I'm just a love machine!

Tomato

If it helps... making readmes annoys everyone. Tis a grueling task that ends with all of two people actually reading more then a sentence. In the end, just pick a format you're happy with, and just edit the credits.

bevo

No problem at all, I'm gonna buy a round of "readmes" for everyone in my yahoogroup.

cmdrkoenig67

Bevo, I wasn't trying to be a jerk...I just think it's really important for Skopers to let folks know where the parts and meshes come from in their Skopes and to give credit where it's due.  I'd rather not see meshers getting upset/angry and stopping meshing or leaving the community because of their work being used and not credited for it.

I think we've lost a great deal of good meshers over the years for various reasons (tech issues, lack of interest, real life getting in the way, mysterious vanishings, even death)...I think it's best we keep the ones we still have, try to keep them happy, praise them and thank them for their hard work.

Best.

Dana

bevo

No offense taken what so ever. I just been tootin along in my own world and you big mean dudes come along and rip the fabric of the cosmos! No big deal.

Seriously I got 0 problem with following the rules. LP kinda nudged me earlier last month and I am trying to do my best to rectify things, so gimme some time and all will be well. You have been most congenial.

-bevo

bevo

As i go through stuff I am updating old skopes here is I think the 1st 2 I ever did. updated in my yahoogroup.

Now with glowing eyes and kungfu grip.

bearded

man.  there has got to be a way to get those in ff.  right?

bevo

I saw somewhere there is a way to unconvert stuff. I can't seem to locate it in forum now. I am gonna load up reg ff and try to at least get ctool to work. I never new so many people still only ran reg ff. All the cool kids are running FFVt3r ya know?

cascarudo

Outcast

bevo

Thanks!

WIP

not nearly done having trouble with the skirt on this guy because it is so odd, any suggestions on what else I could use. Right now I am using part of shoulder gun from predator mesh.

Zivon23

Ink did a Black Knight that had shoulder pads Similar to that.  I can send it to you if you need it... :ff: only.

djfredski

if that don't work you might want to use two of them on each side not one.
Oh by the way good job! :thumbup:
love the skope. :wub:
right to left and left and right. :)
dfredski

bevo

Those shoulders may work out it with some tweeking. It was actually the skirt that I am at a complete loss about. The objects I am using you cant mirror so they are lopsided. I don't know if anyone knows what I am talking about but it is the problem where you try and turn something around and hit the -90 or 90 degree wall and it wont move anymore or it spazes out.

Tomato

I'd suggest meshing them yourself in a free program, such a gmax, but if you're determined to use the pieces you have... one trick I've found is that when you get to the 90/180 degree mark and all of a sudden the other two numbers change, instead of trying to go further up, go down and you'll keep going the proper direction.

bevo

Gmax!! Oy vey!!  :banghead: That word makes my head hurt. It is pointed now as well. I use maya I can never "ever" learn another 3d program UI. Someday they will update the nif plugin for maya then you guys are in trouble. :lol: Thanks for the tip Tomato. Edit I can export object files, but that means they have no UV map. Which is pretty useless. Does Gmax import object files?

Tomato

Quote from: bevo on August 10, 2009, 03:35:13 AM
Gmax!! Oy vey!!  :banghead: That word makes my head hurt. It is pointed now as well. I use maya I can never "ever" learn another 3d program UI. Someday they will update the nif plugin for maya then you guys are in trouble. :lol: Thanks for the tip Tomato. Edit I can export object files, but that means they have no UV map. Which is pretty useless. Does Gmax import object files?

I don't know if it does, but I know that there are nif exporters from the guys who created nifskope... the exports/imports aren't perfect (they can't properly deal with the bipeds/physiques) but it is sufficient to create static objects. Oh, and I only suggested Gmax because I'm fairly sure that one is free... I dunno though. I use max >P

bevo

:thumbup: Hallelujah  :thumbup:  :D  Finally I have limited nif access in maya. Let the object creation begin!!!

Zivon23

If I remember correctly....you can do UV maps in GMax.  And I believe it can import/export OBJ. files.  The Phantom Bunbuyist(?) did a tutorial on all this stuff I believe. But then again, I could be completely wrong. :doh:

~Z23~

HERE

I wasn't wrong.......heehehehehe

AfghanAnt

Quote from: Tomato on August 10, 2009, 08:11:39 AM
Quote from: bevo on August 10, 2009, 03:35:13 AM

I don't know if it does, but I know that there are nif exporters from the guys who created nifskope... the exports/imports aren't perfect (they can't properly deal with the bipeds/physiques) but it is sufficient to create static objects. Oh, and I only suggested Gmax because I'm fairly sure that one is free... I dunno though. I use max >P

Yup Gmax is free and you can get it here:http://www.turbosquid.com/gmax

I don't know how well it plays with FF though. I've taken it for a spin before but after I got 3ds Max I just ignored it.

bevo

Thanks for the advice fellows. I am all good. I got the maya plugin to work so I am happily creating. It is a lil buggy and yeah no animation, but I can make objects for FF including maps. Actually maya has a great UV mapping system. Tis mucho fun.

Finished Snap dragon and a mask I made for renegades hulk with maya.

very poor basic skin on it. just a reference for future skinning.

demon mask which can be put on various models.

Outcast

Blkcasanova247

I can't help it that I look so good baby! I'm just a love machine!

fractal

great job on snapdragon bevo!!
"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed"

And when I find my way back,
The fact is I just may stay, or I may not
I've acquired quite a taste
For a well made mistake

"No hay banda! There is no band. It is all an illusion... "

bevo

Thanks. LP made a wonderful skin for SD, should be out sometime.

cascarudo

first awesome skope and skins now "blueknight" from astrocity(i don t skin the weapons are from the standard skin made by c6) and "cachiru" is a member of a argentine supergroup from flash annual 13

BentonGrey

Wow!  Great Blue Knight!  You've even got the bullet holes in his costume, too.  Very nice.  Cachiru looks pretty cool too.  Very nice work on the feather pattern.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Cyber Burn

Box: Tommyboy's Hulk_tvlite as a base, the helmet from his Ultimate_Iron_Man_tvlite, and belt from his Tom_Versatile_Fixed. Still a work in progress, not even close to being finished. The skin is by FLASH_22798, kitbashed to fit. Suggestions and feedback would be great, thanks.

herodad1

cmdrkoenig67

He's looking good, but the head is really off. 

Dana