News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

What've you skoped lately?

Started by Blkcasanova247, December 24, 2008, 08:01:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deanjo2000

Here are some random skopes im working on.

This is an easy one its just all the doomsday extras on the hulk mesh ;)

Ill stick them all in a group soon i want to rework some basic skins for them coz all of these ones are kittbashes :P
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/da3a3y1ac4uqp/FreedoForce

"sorry she couldn`t wait" superman to wonderman jla/avengers.

area34

That Metallo is awesome. I tried doing something similar but ran into problems with sticking kryptonite in his chest and gave up.

Blkcasanova247

Nice. Any chance to see larger images though? ;)
I can't help it that I look so good baby! I'm just a love machine!

BentonGrey

Wow!  Awesome stuff!  That Metallo looks especially cool.  That Ultron and that Taskmaster are great as well.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

murs47

nice, cant wait to play with some of those. especially doomsday and effigy

Jakew

Awesome, can't wait to get these!

jtharris86

Haha Deanjo you rock lol. Metallo looks fantastic  :thumbup:

DoctorRuina

Fantastic stuff! I like specially Doctor Polaris.

laughing paradox

Great batch of skopes. I like that Sun Boy!

Who's the character with the yin-yang sign on his chest?

jtharris86

Quote from: laughing paradox on October 31, 2009, 02:09:44 PM
Great batch of skopes. I like that Sun Boy!

Who's the character with the yin-yang sign on his chest?

Equinox from Batman The Brave And The Bold

Deaths Jester

Quote from: area34 on August 27, 2009, 04:00:03 AM

I got sidetracked from Rachel's face-  I recieved some old Reavers skins in the mail so I'm going about updating them first up- Skullbuster. He's a skoped Gabriel Jones from Styles Shield Agent pack. The base of the skin came from the original creator(who'd I give credit to but I can't seem to access my email right now) with Courts Wildcat skin as a guide.

Any one know where I can find a good shoulder pad? Skulls wears the stereotypical pouch/pads of the early nineties.

Hey-hey...that's my old Reaver skin...where the 'ell did ye find it?  Been Looking for it forever!!!
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

Failed_Hero

At the end of the day all that matter is that I tried, right?

area34

DJ- I'm pretty sure I got it off a yahoo group... not sure which since there was a time when I just hit just about every group out there and downloaded things to sort later. I still have your original tga since I've was using it as a guide but I don't have anything else. If you want it I can send it your way. Oh and If you want the WIP version (I've yet to get the belt to look right) that I've done I can send you both.

cascarudo

herodad1

area34

I went as everyone's favorite hero discovered for Halloween and took my kid and my nephew out and he had no clue who I was so I tried to use the original Texas Jack's Kevin Matchstick to give him an idea and I noticed how dated it looks now. It sticks out compared to the current level of skins out there so I wanted to make it match better. This is a massive kittbash/skope so definitely not for release-

The mesh-
Texas Jacks Kevin Matchstick - with Ren's Captian America belt - and a trenchcoat off of Podmark's Madrox

80's era Kev - The base skin for this was AA's awesome Superboy. I tweaked the face, forehead and chest, recolored the pants, gave him AA's The Captain's shoes. Slapped on a altered beard off of Ewwzy's Ody. Alpha'd the hair. Recolored C6's Cap belt to match and then added the trademark lightning bolt to the shirt and shoes. For the baseball bat I just did an original paint job with my wacom. I'm probably going to give him jeans when/if I get around to actually doing a skin for him.

Modern Kev - With this I just stretched the forehead more and redid the hair. The coat is straight up unchanged Podmark work.

deanjo2000

Awesome kevin :thumbup:
Here are 3 more skopes im working on.

Copperhead, x-o and a little known flash villain "the suit" iv'e only ever seen him in one flash comic? but why not! :D
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/da3a3y1ac4uqp/FreedoForce

"sorry she couldn`t wait" superman to wonderman jla/avengers.

herodad1

Awsome stuff guys.looks like out with the old in with the new soon!

BentonGrey

God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Jakew

The Suit looks cool  :thumbup:

Quote from: deanjo2000 on November 02, 2009, 03:13:48 PM
Awesome kevin :thumbup:
Here are 3 more skopes im working on.

Copperhead, x-o and a little known flash villain "the suit" iv'e only ever seen him in one flash comic? but why not! :D

area34

DeanJo let me see his Metallo he's woking on and it got me in the mood to start messing with kyrptonite again. I was able to skope his Metallo onto a Ren Master Man skope that had a belt, kryptonite and a chest ring working with full effects.

The chest ring isn't perfectly lined up(it slighlty angles to the left a pixel to much) but hopefully when Deanjo finishes his it will be better.
-And how I'm going to leave Kev until I skin it myself.

Recolored hair on both - sloppier lightning bolt to go with the sketchier style of the original series.

herodad1

area34

Havoc is one of my favorite characters (maybe it's the being a middle child thing) and Court's classic Havoc's is one of my favorites of his so I used his as the model to go off of.
Skope is VXHavoc-classic with parts off of VXHavoc-Brotherhood - Mutant X belt is a rearranged belt of Cyclops69.

Mutant X is Courts Classic Havoc with Masterman's Head (since that match's the model) and a new neck drawn. The belt is kittbashed off of Courts Cyke. Gauntlets were all me. I'm not sure if I'm going to add hair to him (I tried adding a wig but ran into issues with the alphaing of the skope).
Brotherhood Of Evil - Is not finished and probably never will be since I don't really like the outfit. I used Court's base and went with MasterMan head again. I then did the mask and all the details myself (using Matrix's as a reference.) The Gauntlets are Matrix's untouched simply because I'm tired don't feel like updating them yet.

As for the other Havoc outfits, I might do them in the future (I'm not a big fan of his other suits).

I just thought I should say that I know kittbashing isn't that cool, but a part of me wants to make skins that match those around it and my style without the bashing is quite different so I definitely want to give props to the greats whose work I'm using.

EDITED TO ADD

Havoc Modern- so I couldn't sleep and decided I could do his current- Same bases as I mentioned before, drew the energy lines and the mask myself. I did draw a new belt but the pic is from before the change.

Blkcasanova247

Nice work Area34. :thumbup: Maybe C6 might actually wanna skin these once he ends his short sabbatical into the world of Champions Online. :rolleyes: :P
I can't help it that I look so good baby! I'm just a love machine!

miguelyanke

Area why don't you add different hairstyles?

area34

I was messing with hair but ran into an problem where Havoc's classic head gear while alpha'd caused the wigs to be invisible where they overlap. Since I'm trying to keep them on the same skope it's a problem. In the end I just wanted to draw last night more than I wanted to figure out the skope.
It's not like they're done anyway- as I looked through my comics this morning and then did more google'n I realized Havoc's modern outfit is different depending on the artist...grrr must figure out the most consistent look.

Podmark

Quote from: area34 on November 04, 2009, 03:46:39 PM
I was messing with hair but ran into an problem where Havok's classic head gear while alpha'd caused the wigs to be invisible where they overlap.

I believe there's a way to fix that. I think you need to play with the alpha setting of all parts. Not home right now so I can't check but I think you have to set it to Greater and 200.

Quote from: area34 on November 04, 2009, 03:46:39 PM
I realized Havok's modern outfit is different depending on the artist...grrr must figure out the most consistent look.

Yeah that costume has a variation for each new artist. The good news is that the costume has been story consistent, but changes with each story. So I'd pick one story (say Rise and Fall of the Shiar Empire art by Billy Tan) and design it after that.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

yell0w_lantern

You're right AA, you do get visibility problems depending on the alpha values of the geometry that is disappearing but I don't remember the specifics.
Yellow Lantern smash!

area34

After looking around it seems to me that the Havoc modern without the "X-tra UBER KEWL" armour (that thankfully went away since Havoc's been in space) is a variation of these two- I redid the belt and the energy lines.

Hes's missing ears and hair until this alpha thing is dealt with.

laughing paradox

I like the character of Havok.. well, I used to.. and it's great to see all of his variations skoped really well. Good job, area.

Is this an all-in-one skope, or individual skopes?