News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

What've you skoped lately?

Started by Blkcasanova247, December 24, 2008, 08:01:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AfghanAnt

The last one would make a neat alternate world Beast. In fact, now I'm inspired to make an alternate world X-Men team.

jtharris86

Quote from: AfghanAnt on January 26, 2010, 02:28:39 PM
The last one would make a neat alternate world Beast. In fact, now I'm inspired to make an alternate world X-Men team.

:D Coo

Failed_Hero

Quote from: Blkcasanova247 on January 26, 2010, 02:15:28 PM
Really nice work there Hero! :thumbup: I can't wait to see these suckers skinned. ;) Oh...credit for your Cameron Freeman character....Ult. Nightwing skoped by me(blkcasanova247...skinned by Revenant) from Grenadiers Demon_JM mesh, Inks Nightwing_V2 and Renegades Ultimate_Captain America....Ninja_Turtle_Donatello is skoped by Revenant...check out his yahoo group for the proper readme. ;)

Thanks Cas.  I appreciate the comments.
At the end of the day all that matter is that I tried, right?

BentonGrey

Quote from: AfghanAnt on January 26, 2010, 02:28:39 PM

See what you've done! ;)
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Failed_Hero

For my next trick, I am attempting to affect the rotaion of weapons in a character's hands to make an appropiate tonfa fighter. Probably only 4 animations tops, because it is very tedious.

crimsonquill

So... what did you think would inspire my next skope?

Nope.. not even close.  :P

It would be Martha from Xavier Institutes' special class...

Why? Probably because of her more active appearance in Nation X #2 and that she is another character from Morrison's run on New X-Men..

(please note that this is a rough version and I'm not sure if I want to keep the chain leash or not)

Plus would you believe that the keyframes for this skope are from VXSkeets?!?.. heh.. seemed perfect for a hovering character to me.

However, I have run into some missing elements that I need help or suggestions with...

• 1. Is there a straight chain I can skope in to resemble a leash or something similar? (the curved one is the only one I could find)
  • 2. Could someone make or locate a syringe-type peice that I could add into the glass globe at various locations? (like the example above)
  • 3. what would you recommend to simulate the bubbles like inside FFvsT3R's Eye Of The Reich mesh?

Thanks if you can throw suggestions my way.  :)

- CQ
"He said let there be light... CLICK! It was a lightbulb. And It was good."

AfghanAnt

That is so weird that you are doing this skope. I was just doing my re-imagining of the X-Men (inspired by Failed Hero's skope above) and I was going to cast Professor X as essentially Martha.

You know if you have FFVTR you could always use the brains from the creepy nazi octo-drones.

crimsonquill

Quote from: crimsonquill on January 27, 2010, 06:23:25 PM
However, I have run into some missing elements that I need help or suggestions with...

• 1. Is there a straight chain I can skope in to resemble a leash or something similar? (the curved one is the only one I could find)
  • 2. Could someone make or locate a syringe-type peice that I could add into the glass globe at various locations? (like the example above)
  • 3. what would you recommend to simulate the bubbles like inside FFvsT3R's Eye Of The Reich mesh?

1. EDIT (1/27/2010): After thinking about how odd a petrified chain/leash would look when Martha falls down or turns over in air I just removed the chain for good.

2. EDIT (1/28/2010): After messing around with various ideas of how to make a syringe, I was almost ready to learn how to convert meshes from outside sources to get what I needed. Thanks to a suggestion via email from area34 I took one of my ideas of using a shrunk down bo staff and a cylinder to makeshift something like what Martha had and then clone it over and over while moving them into position. It worked great!

3. EDIT (1/27/2010)Following AA's suggestion I NifSkoped the Eye Of The Reich mesh and found lots of bubbles that worked just fine. However I can't for the life of me figure out how to get a skopable version of just the brain and stem wire. Could anyone who has skoped the FFvsT3R meshes point me in the right direction? I want to place the brain and stem onto my own skope after scaling down the size just a bit to more "human" size.

- CQ

area34

Working on a Cassandra Nova...

miguelyanke

O.o From where are you going to take the Hat?

AfghanAnt

I would use Ren's Liberty Belle. She has the right type of pants. Also Ink's Moria would be a more accurate tails that can just be alpha'ed to the right shape and size.

area34

Good call on Moira. I just swapped it in. As for the body I went with the hexed Enchantress for the shoulders and sleeves. I put a request out for Ren's Liberty Bell so I can try the other body type. (I keep finding more and more things from Ren's site that I didn't have backed up).

Mig- For her helmet the best I have come up with is Tommyboy's Thor Helmet. It can be skinned to look like her helmet.. ish. I'm sure someone with Blender skills could stretch it taller to make it match but I'm not there yet in my learnin'

area34

Here you go... I scrapped the original and moved it to a different skope so I could have different animations to work with. Before she was a mix of Psylocke and Prof X. Now she has telekinetic animations. I swapped in the Moira trench tail and added the helmet(since the pic I have tipped the helmet forward to just above her eyes.)  I still have her with the enchantress jacket(still waiting for a Liberty Bell) but I think the jacket matches better with this mesh so I might just stick with this if AA likes it. She's alpha'd so she can be a straight leotard outfit too. I'll do an exoskeleton style once I've settled on her body.

crimsonquill

Quote from: area34 on January 28, 2010, 07:27:32 PM
(still waiting for a Liberty Bell)

Check your email, Area.. It's on it's way.

- CQ

area34

I tried out Liberty Bell but her legs bulge through her coat tail so I'm not a big fan of it. Here is where Cass is now. Both versions on the same skope with a full set of animations. If this is good I'll skope her leotard version into armor's exoskeleton.

And what I've been doing for myself-

Tommyboys Gladiator with pieces moved around and with completely different Keyframes. I'm still working on the skin.

crimsonquill

Just putting the final touches on my Martha skope but wanted to see what everyone thought first...

(Note: All of the needles are not visible because the alpha on the dome keeps making some disappear at certain angles)

I'm pretty sure I got her as close as I possibly could. I had planned on adding more details around the base of her hoverpod but since it's constructed of chest discs from tommyboy's versitile mesh you can only skin on the top and bottom but not the sides. So I would need to find a half-circle curved plate to attach to the front and back of the hoverpod to add those details on..  so I might just live with putting an X-Men belt buckle from a mesh on the front and just keep it simple.

Edit: Ooops... and I almost forgot to turn the color of the sphere from blue to pink so I fixed that already.  :banghead: D'oh!

- CQ

Podmark

Wow that's impressive that you got Martha so close. You guys always impress me with your ability to do that.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

laughing paradox

Impressive Martha, CQ. It looks great so far.

That alpha problem is one we all deal with, but usually in the game it becomes visible. without a problem.

murs47

Failed_Hero

Behold the Knights Templar:
Illustrator Semita ut Novus Universitas

murs47

i dont know who that is, but it's sweet! nice work failed_hero

Failed_Hero

murs,

These are a modern take on the 13th Century Order of Knights.  However they are in the employment of one of my central villians Merlyn Pellinore.

miguelyanke

yeah! that martha is wonderful!!! no-girl rocks!

Failed_Hero

Michael Antonio Cerrone, Waltz: Master Super Villain.
"Alexander, you know the rules.  I'm business man, and my business is giving you the business.  Guess what Aegis, BUSINESS IS BOOMING"

Blkcasanova247

Dude....all of your originals are really great. :thumbup:
I can't help it that I look so good baby! I'm just a love machine!

Podmark

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Xenolith

Nicely done.

That would make a a pretty good start for King Chimera, from the new JSA comics, too.

darkknight92

@Failed Hero - That is so cool!

cmdrkoenig67

Great Skoped meshes guys...And That No-Girl is amazing, CQ!

Dana

cmdrkoenig67

If you guys haven't seen my recent FRP2 post http://frp.unlimited2.net/sw-a-new-skope/, these are the Skopes I've been working on...